2024 Four Continents Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Women's Short Program

zebobes

Final Flight
I'm really impressed with Ava being able to come out on fire in the Short. She had to have a lot of pressure on her with probably a lot of people second guessing her choice to skip US nationals. She's done well to make herself first alternate thus far.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This was a good event. Glad to see the stands aren’t so empty anymore. It’ll be interesting to see how Chiba handles being at the top going into the free. She’s a nervy skater, but she’s also been much more consistent than she has been in the past. I hope she keeps her head about her. Go for the gold! I think that was Watanabe’s best skated short. Japanese gals represented today.

Mihara was given gifts. I thought she’ll be at 62. She shouldn’t be that high with the mistake she made. ….As opposed to Thorngren who just can’t get a break even when she’s clean with one of the best SPs this year.

zebobes

Final Flight
Agreed. Not sure how Mone scored so high, but maybe I was distracted by her nervous, scared expression... Enjoyed Chaeyeon and Ava the most.
I thought Mone was going to flop because she was so tense at the beginning, but then the music started and she had the most amazing flow in her skating.

skim1001

On the Ice
Country
Japan
After a shaky start to her season, great to see Mone finally skating to her potential. Agreed that she looked so nervous throughout her SP but she was lowballed a bit in skating skills, I think. Hopefully, her nerves does not get the better of her tomorrow, especially when she is skating last.

readernick

Medalist
no :( don't cry haein </3333
i feel so bad, her old SP was really nice so i'm a bit confused as to why she changed it, but i see the potential. i hope she's able to pick herself back up for the free skate.
This. I loved that SP it was the first program I've loved from Haein since she was a junior. Why did she change it?

readernick

Medalist
Protocols are up.

I don't think Mone deserved an 8 in presentation mark today, she kept her nervous scared expression throughout... And this is coming from me Mone fan who think that she's usually underscored in PCS. But not today 😶
Yes, I agree. She deserved the choreo mark and the SS but not the presentation mark. It's nice to see her get rewarded though..