2024 Four Continents Women's Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Women's Short Program

Crowdproud

On the Ice
Also asking [Ava] to skate at Nationals then this with maybe 72 hrs turn around is a lot to ask for. So she made the common sense decision to skip Nationals for this because she needs the WR points more than a national medal at this point in her career.
Completely agree. Ava could get a huge boost in her WR points which would be important for next year's GP assignments.

LazyFuzai

Laziness is my only love.
On the Ice
That was a good competition to watch.Most of the girls deliver clean skates on high level.Finally.TOP 3 was such a pleasure to watch.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching this event.
Judging was really good!!
Mone to me was the best. She flew through that step sequence
C. Kim has my favourite free skate program - I hope she medals
Ava - I hope she skates as well as NHK
To me, she is the best US lady. Huge jumps with no reviews

Rinka - I loved; gutsy to put that combo at the end; same with Mai; love them both

Maddie - She was disappointed with the scores… but, she wasn’t clean
SMD - skated her usual
Justine - disappointment

Would love to stay awake for the men. But, I have work tmrw.

I will watch he other two events at my own pace tmrw.. won’t look at this forum until I’m caught up.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
hm, so far my predictions don't look so bad for a change.
Of course anything can happen in the free, but I was very impressed with Ava at NHK and to me she is the only US lady that really exudes confidences at the moment and has the technical chops. I think she should go to worlds instead of Isabeau. I also think it was smart of her to skip US Nats. Maybe for US Americans Nats are the holy grail, but in my opinion long term it's more important to participate in major international tournaments and perform well there to get international recognition.

Mone has great skating skills, but her face looked frozen.

I think maybe Lindsay should have gotten higher PCS but on the other hand, there are some small "unevennesses" in her program that kind of jolted me out of the viewing trance. Like that weird little hop after the Bielmann spin. The jumps also looked a bit tight.

Kim did a lot of bamboozling with her arms and legs but didn't really hold any positions for long. Could have skated to anything it didn't really leave much of an impression on me.

Rinka is a really solid skater and I like her music as well as the last part of the choreo, but something is still missing. A bit more flair and drama?

Apart from the skating itself....they commentator could maybe tone down the enthusiasm a bit. According to him, everyone was just the best ever. But I liked his insights into jump edges and rotation. And the camera was flying into orbit way to often.... I also am heartily sick of I-spins at this point. Just because you can bend you legs into a split position and rotate at the same time doesn't make it pretty.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
random comment nobody asked for:

- competition after competition we all got very experienced
- Sarah Maude or everyone else skating to Evanescence gets Elektra's seal of approval, mostly because their songs were the sountrack of my life as a teenager (picture me in my half room angry at the world :biggrin:)
- who splashed muddy water on Seoyeong's dress?
- Mone 🔥 she was too nervous though to actually perform
-Ava Marie reminds me of Ashely Wagner
- Linday needs more love and less carrots
-Chaeyeon 🔥
-Rinka 🔥
-Haein :(

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a very stylish kiss and cry though. And I’m not just saying that because USNats had such a horrific one!
:laugh2:

I present you with…..

THE Ohio State/Hand Lotion Urgent Care KnC

:coffee:

DSC_6533.jpeg

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
I was surprised by her bangs and was kinda distracted by them.
I love her bangs. They look great on her.
Lindsay: This wasn't a good end of the season, but I love her short program and hope she will keep it for next year. It is honestly one of my favorite programs of the year-both the music and the choreography. Quiet, lovely and elegant.
Ava-outstanding jumps.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought this was some photo-shopped parody, so I went looking for videos of US Nationals. I was astonished to discover that it was real. Whose idea was THAT?
I took this photo. What’s funny is I walked past this thing like a thousand times and never once questioned its integrity or thought it was anything unsightly until this thread last night :rofl:

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I took this photo. What’s funny is I walked past this thing like a thousand times and never once questioned its integrity or thought it was anything unsightly until this thread last night :rofl:
it was just tacky af.

honestly if they just applied and designed the Ohio State backdrop competently, it would have been so much better. it just looks so low rent, like someone didn't care.

I actually found the giant lube bottles amusing. totally camp.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
A certain spark was missing. A certain drama. Not bad skating but not great. I am not sure Ava really killed it. But at least she did not get killed. The Canadian ladies are a loss cause. I am sorry but Maddie seems disinterested and or disingeniuos towards skating. But they all qualified to do the fs. I guess a win but I think they rather have Maddie in the top 5 and a canddate for top ten come worlds.

The top three were very good just not electrifying. I wonder how Ava feels knowing worlds is gone unless she gets names as first altnernate and someone drops out.

slider11

Medalist
I thought Ziegler looked very good! Her jumps have nice height and rotation! I would like to see a hair more emotion in the presentation. Maybe it's tougher in the SP with so much to think about but I think A.M. has a good future! I also think Maddie Schizas was undermarked in the presentation. I'm afraid she is paying for underperformance in the prior competitions but maybe she will be rewarded in the long. This judging panel seems to have a particular style they prefer and are awarding accordingly. I do think the SP top 10 have a chance for a shuffle in the Long.

Cilla70

On the Ice
I love her bangs. They look great on her.
Lindsay: This wasn't a good end of the season, but I love her short program and hope she will keep it for next year. It is honestly one of my favorite programs of the year-both the music and the choreography. Quiet, lovely and elegant.
Ava-outstanding jumps.
Lindsay should be letting her ankle heal. This is the second event skating on an injured ankle. She had to know she was not going to Worlds. This will make the healing process even longer.