2015-16 Grand Prix assignments | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix assignments

ice coverage

Record Breaker
GP assignments 2015

The World's top figure skaters including reigning Olympic Champions Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN) and Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov (RUS), who will make a comeback after sitting out the post-Olympic season, World and European Champions and medalists will compete in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series 2015/16. Three-time World Champion Mao Asada (JPN) and 2014 Olympic silver medalist Patrick Chan (CAN) also make their comeback on the series.

The series kicks off with Skate America in Milwaukee, WI (USA), October 23 to 25. The event features Olympic and World bronze medalist Denis Ten (KAZ), Olympic silver medalists Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov (RUS), World silver medalist Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (CHN), World Ice Dance silver medalists Madison Chock/Evan Bates (USA) and 2014 European Champion Julia Lipnitskaia (RUS). Reigning World Junior Champions Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS), Shoma Uno (JPN) and Anna Yanovskaya/Sergey Mozgov (RUS) will debut on the senior circuit.

Skate Canada in Lethbridge, AB (CAN), October 30 to November 1, is headlined by three-time World Champion Chan, Olympic Champion Hanyu, World Pairs Champions Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (CAN), World Champion Elizaveta Tutkamysheva (RUS) and World bronze medalists Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje (CAN).

The Lexus Cup of China is the third event and will return to Beijing November 6 to 8. Mao Asada returns to the Grand Prix after sitting out the post-Olympic season and will be joined by World Champion Javier Fernandez (ESP), World bronze medalist Elena Radionova (RUS), Sui/Han, European Champions Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS) and Chock/Bates.

The series continues with the Trophée Bompard in Bordeaux (FRA) November 13- 15 with World Ice Dance Champions Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron (FRA), Volosozhar/Trankov, Chan, Ten and Tuktamysheva.

Rostelecom Cup in Moscow, November 20 to 22 is the next stop, headlined by Fernandez, Stolbova/Klimov, Radionova and 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte (ITA).

The last spots for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final will be decided in Nagano at NHK Trophy November 27 to 29. Top contenders include Asada, Hanyu, World silver medalist Satoko Miyahara (JPN), Papadakis/Cizeron and 2013 European Ice Dance Champions Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev (RUS), who missed the past season due to injury. In the Pairs event, Duhamel/Radford will face Voloszhar/Trankov.

130 skaters/couples from 27 ISU Members have been invited and few host country spots are still open. The number of entries for each event is 12 Ladies, 12 Men, 8 Pairs and 8 Ice Dance couples. The top 6 qualifiers in each discipline will proceed to the Final in Barcelona, Spain, December 10 to 13, 2015.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recapping what is in the press release above:

Skate America
Denis Ten (KAZ)
Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov (RUS)
Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (CHN)
Madison Chock/Evan Bates (USA)
Julia Lipnitskaia (RUS)
Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS)
Shoma Uno (JPN)
Anna Yanovskaya/Sergey Mozgov (RUS)

Skate Canada
Hanyu
Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (CAN)
Elizaveta Tutkamysheva (RUS)
Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje (CAN)

Cup of China
Mao Asada
Javier Fernandez (ESP)
Elena Radionova (RUS)
Sui/Han
Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS)
Chock/Bates

Trophée Bompard
Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron (FRA)
Volosozhar/Trankov
Chan
Ten
Tuktamysheva

Rostelecom Cup
Fernandez
Stolbova/Klimov
Radionova
Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte (ITA)

NHK Trophy
Asada
Hanyu
Miyahara (JPN)
Papadakis/Cizeron
Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev (RUS)
Duhamel/Radford
Volosozhar/Trankov.

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
V/T vs. D/R at NHK and Chan vs. Hanyu at SC :popcorn:

No Denney/Frazier :cry: that injury must be worse than previously thought...

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
2015 SKATE AMERICA INTERNATIONAL SELECTIONS

Ladies: Alaine Chartrand (CAN); Haruka Imai (JPN); Satoko Miyahara (JPN); Miyu Nakashio (JPN); Elizabet Tursynbaeva (KZ); So Youn Park (KOR); Julia Lipnitskaia (RUS); Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS); Nicole Rajicova (SVK)

Men: Brendan Kerry (AUS); Han Yan (CHN); Florent Amodio (FRA); Alexei Bychenko (ISR); Takahito Mura (JPN); Shoma Uno (JPN); Denis Ten (KAZ); Konstantin Menshov (RUS); Adian Pitkeev (RUS)

Pairs: Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau (CAN); Wenjing Sui & Cong Han (CHN); Xuehan Wang & Lei Wang (CHN); Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov (RUS); Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov (RUS)

Ice dance: Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier (CAN); Shiyue Wang & Xinyu Liu (CHN); Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov (RUS); Anna Yanovskaia & Sergey Mozgov (RUS); Alexandra Nazarova & Maxim Nikitin (UKR)

Woohoo Konstantin and Adian! :cheer: And Stolbova/Klimov!

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
My predictions for Gracie and Ashley were switched! I did not see that, I thought Ashley would get Skate America for sure

My guesses for Yuzuru was right, NHK and a North American one but I only got 1 out of 2 right for Javier (that he would go to a European one). For Elena R. I was wrong that she would be at SA but right in that she gets COR. Elizaveta announced hers beforehand and Mao got my predictions for Satoko, can't wait to see her back :cheer:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I HAVE TO GO TO SKATE AMERICA NOW :popcorn: So excited that Mariah got SA! And that Karen and Hannah got GPs too! :dance:

Layback11

Record Breaker
They didn't give D/F even one spot?!?!? #ThatIsSoCheap

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot about the injury...:no:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I'm most surprised about SA for Gracie instead of Ashley and Javier's CoC/COR :think: I thought he would get SA or SC and TEB.

And Yuzuru vs Patrick 2.0? Deja vu :popcorn: :popcorn:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Mariah Bell got Skate America! I'm really glad to see her get some love, Elizabet Tursynbaeva gets 2 and Karen Chen only has one but there's still a spot open at Skate America hmmmm

Glad to see Kaetlyn Osmond back, hope she stays healthy!

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
Yes, D/F were pretty much guaranteed 2 spots this year due to their scores last year and rankings, so I'm guessing it's because of her injury... :no: Better safe than sorry though and they're still quite young.

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Wow at the showdown going to happen at Skate Canada! I hope Shoma got another spot! But considering he just turn senior...

EDIT: Oh wait just refresh... HE DID :laugh:

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Chan vs Hanyu at Skate Canada, yay ! Hope they will be in shape and it will be not who stands more on their feet there :rock: :dance:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
NHK is like a mini 2012-2013 JGP reunion. First head-to-head match up between Boyang Jin and Jason Brown since 2012 Courchaval (Boyang won) and the 3 out of the 4 JGPF folks from that season (Maxim, Josh and Jason. Obviously they faced each other at Worlds, but this is the first GP head-to-head matchup.)

I bet Shoma will get the host pick. With Yuzuru there also, and Dornbush, shoukd be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Gracie got Skate America over Ashley! You know, when I first thought about what the GP assignments might be, I had a strong feeling this would happen since Gracie had beaten Ashley at Worlds. But everyone in the predictions thread was sure that Ashley would get SA.

Oh well. Bring on the :popcorn: