2015-16 Grand Prix assignments | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix assignments

mikaboo

Medalist
NHK is like a mini 2012-2013 JGP reunion. First head-to-head match up between Boyang Jin and Jason Brown since 2012 Courchaval (Boyang won) and the 3 out of the 4 JGPF folks from that season (Maxim, Josh and Jason. Obviously they faced each other at Worlds, but this is the first GP head-to-head matchup.)

I bet Shoma will get the host pick. With Yuzuru there also, and Dornbush, shoukd be fun to watch.

Shoma already has Skate America and TEB so no more assignments for him ;)

b-man

Final Flight
So, my main concern with Mao doing the GP was if it would mess with Gracie's highly possibly qualification for the GPF. But at SA, the only ladies I can see posing a threat are Medvedeva and Lipnitskaya, and even those are big question marks. Yulia is coming off of a devastating growth spurt and few skaters ever come back from that (Liza being a rare exception), although it's possible, and Evgenia is just starting a growth spurt and very young. Although a reigning JWC (think Elena) can dominate in seniors their first year, it's never a guarantee with teenagers. However, I'd guess at least one of them is going to be good, and I'd predict Gracie winning either gold or silver, which, in the right combination of colors, could certainly qualify for the GPF. At Bompard, she's pretty much guaranteed not to win because Liza is in it, and so is Yulia, although Yulia is a big question mark and again, I can't see her beating Gracie if she's in the form she was last year. I'd say silver again, so it's either gold/silver or silver/silver. My GPF predix:

1 Tuktamysheva-gold, gold
2 Asada-gold, gold (if back in form)
3 Radionova or Medvedeva-silver, gold
4 Gold-silver, silver
5 Miyahara-silver, silver
6 Radionova, Medvedeva, Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya-silver, bronze

-

You have Gold and Miyahara both with a silver at SA. Miyahara could be a spoiler for Gold.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
She had no guaranteed spot and best she can hope for is the host spot at Rostelecom.

I really want her to get it. If she's planning on coming back for Worlds this season, it would be best if she got a GP platform to practice on before nationals. That and maybe she can do a few extra Senior B's since she's been away from competitive ice for a long time. Get some of the nerves out of the way.

Layback11

Record Breaker
You have Gold and Miyahara both with a silver at SA. Miyahara could be a spoiler for Gold.

Oh, oops...maybe she wins silver and bronze, then...although, silver and silver could still happen. In that case, I think Satoko would win and either Gracie or Yulia in 2nd, then whoever wasn't 2nd in 3rd.

Unless Satoko has a LOT of problems with her URs...

LeCygne

Final Flight
Why did Hannah Miller get two over Karen Chen, Mariah Bell, and Mirai? Hope the TBA at SA goes to Karen!

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
+1. For some reason, that's the best news out of this whole thing for me. I guess I really, really liked him last year. :laugh:

Hahaha same here! I'm really touch by his spirit to keep on pushing forward to keep up with others of his own era aka Hanyu and Mura. I always have a soft spot for persistent athlete :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Why did Hannah Miller get two over Karen Chen, Mariah Bell, and Mirai? Hope the TBA at SA goes to Karen!

Hannah was guaranteed one due to having a top 24 season's best score, while the other three were not. And generally those in the top 24 can get another.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

I am wondering why she got two over her getting one and one for Ashley Cain, or Amber Glenn or Leah Keiser. I don't see her being a threat to make the final so it seems sharing the love might have made more sense. I am not the biggest Ashley Cain fan, but she had two last year and none this year. That sucks.

Her season best was higher than the others, but who the heck knows what they are thinking when they do this.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I am wondering why she got two over her getting one and one for Ashley Cain, or Amber Glenn or Leah Keiser. I don't see her being a threat to make the final so it seems sharing the love might have made more sense. I am not the biggest Ashley Cain fan, but she had two last year and none this year. That sucks.

Her season best was higher than the others, but who the heck knows what they are thinking when they do this.

Hannah didn't get the SA pick though, right? So it was other federations that decided to choose her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Amber Glenn will probably go back to JGP. She just became age eligible for GP this year. Some extra competition seasoning in juniors will be beneficial.

Leah Keiser also is still JGP eligible, but she's been on that circuit for long enough, so I'm hoping to see her in some Senior Bs.

There is fewer spots for US ladies in general, it seems.