Entries for 2015 J&T Banka | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries for 2015 J&T Banka

meteorlight8

Rinkside
While I think the Parsons and M/C are/were stronger than at least a couple of the teams that did end up making JGPF last season, their not making it had IMO more to do with their bad luck with the way the JGP events turned out (with a different JPG winner at each of the events, except for Y/M) than their being "deliberately" pushed down. Even if they had finished second instead of third in their first events, they would've most likely lost out to another team on the higher finish tie-break. I didn't think either team was robbed of the gold at any of their events.

If anything, I thought there was a deliberate push UP for the Parsons at the last JGP event--didn't work out as they needed to either beat Y/M for gold (really long shot) or for Morozova/Zhirnov to finish 5th or lower (unrealistic in the unfortunately very weak field at that particular event - again, bad luck - any other JGP field and that could've been doable). I actually thought the Russians were held down a bit (in the case of Y/M) and a LOT (in the case of M/Z) there.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
They had BOTH gone to JGPF the previous season and McNamara/Carpenter won JGPF bronze, then were 4th at JW 2014. It looked VERY odd that they were both held down to 3rd at their first events to ensure that they couldn't make the final.
It doesn't looked very odd to me, sorry. More like a coincidence.

While I think the Parsons and M/C are/were stronger than at least a couple of the teams that did end up making JGPF last season, their not making it had IMO more to do with their bad luck with the way the JGP events turned out (with a different JPG winner at each of the events, except for Y/M) than their being "deliberately" pushed down. Even if they had finished second instead of third in their first events, they would've most likely lost out to another team on the higher finish tie-break. I didn't think either team was robbed of the gold at any of their events.

If anything, I thought there was a deliberate push UP for the Parsons at the last JGP event--didn't work out as they needed to either beat Y/M for gold (really long shot) or for Morozova/Zhirnov to finish 5th or lower (unrealistic in the unfortunately very weak field at that particular event - again, bad luck - any other JGP field and that could've been doable). I actually thought the Russians were held down a bit (in the case of Y/M) and a LOT (in the case of M/Z) there.

Exactly my point. :points:

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Y/M weren't held down---he was recovering from an injury and struggled at both their events. OTOH, Morozova / Zhirnov's gold medal in their early event was a joke and they should have been 5th in their last event, and I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I would never have expected the Parsons to beat Y/M for gold in any case.

Last year all the gold medals save one was won by a Russian team. I suppose the same thing will happen again this year and the final will be all Russian. :rolleye:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do think the US will pick up one gold medal in dance at the US event in SLC: McNamara / Carpenter just scored 60.03 + 87.28 at the regular Junior Lake Placid Ice Dance event, and I'm pretty sure they will head up the team at the US event. :p

The Parsons scored 56.40 and 85.01 at the Junior Lake Placid International (ISU) event (they won), so they're in good shape for the first JGP event.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She has great jumps, especially the lutz. However, she really needs to stabilize and control them.

Vivian Le scored 65.82 in the SP and 116.99 in the FS at the Glacier Falls summer competition, winning her group.

helene1967

Rinkside
Vivian Le scored 65.82 in the SP and 116.99 in the FS at the Glacier Falls summer competition, winning her group.

Vivian Le won Final at the Glacier Falls (FS only) too, score 112.83.

It will be very interesting to see this talented girl at JGP.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
korea's entries

ladies:
an so-hyun
cho hee-soo

men:
an geon-hyoung

ice dance:
lee ho-jung / richard kam

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vivian Le has really made a name for herself this summer. Reminds me a bit of what Gracie did in the summer of 2011 when she went from a no name who didn't even make Nationals that year to everyone talking about this girl who had Tonya Harding like jumps. She is someone to watch. I wonder if she has a good JGP season if she will go straight to Seniors at Nationals? After Ashley and Gracie that 3rd spot is wide open if Polina struggles again this year.

NaVi

Medalist
She is someone to watch. I wonder if she has a good JGP season if she will go straight to Seniors at Nationals? After Ashley and Gracie that 3rd spot is wide open if Polina struggles again this year.

She's a month too young to go to senior championships.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's a month too young to go to senior championships.

True but just like Karen Chen this year Le could surprise and finish 3rd at Nationals and set herself up for the following season. She has the talent to beat Polina, Mirai, Courtney, Karen or whoever else for that third spot which would be a big deal.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vivian can't skate senior internationally, but she can skate as a senior at US Nationals. ISU senior is an AGE qualification, while US senior is a SKILL qualification. Karen Chen won bronze at senior Nationals last year when she was too young to go to Worlds or 4CC.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
True but just like Karen Chen this year Le could surprise and finish 3rd at Nationals and set herself up for the following season. She has the talent to beat Polina, Mirai, Courtney, Karen or whoever else for that third spot which would be a big deal.
I personally think vivian should skate junior nationally. For one, skating both junior and senior requires learning two different versions of both long and short programs (especially if the mandated junior solo jump is inconvenient). From my perspective, while she's got some amazing jumps, she still has a lot she can improve on artistically and with her presentation before she will be taken seriously on the senior level.

Secondly, while she's had a strong start to the summer, she's yet to prove herself on the junior level. She really has *just*broken out. In contrast, Karen Chen had been on the radar since she won novice in 2012 and then went on to compete successfully on the jgp. No one in the USFSA was surprised to see her do well in 2015; you can tell by their short program placements that they wanted to leave the door open in the top flight for karen and amber, two of the greatest future hopes.

Thirdly, I entirely disagree with the notion that there is a wide open spot for world's. You've got Ashley, Gracie, Polina, Mariah, Karen, and Courtney all competing for three spots. And you can't count out Amber and even Mirai either. All these girls can compete equally with Vivian technically, and will have a 5-10 point in PCS for the foreseeable future until vivian matures.

In short, I think she should stay junior, become junior national champ, and prove herself on the jgp. I think this is the federation's hope as well. With any luck, it will be her and amber who they send to junior world's next year.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Le is entered in two JGPs this year (the first event in SVK and the third event in Colorado Springs, USA) and has ample opportunity to prove herself as a junior now. I sincerely hope she does, places well at Nationals whether as a senior or a junior, and gets a ticket to JW 2016, with a high placement there.

meteorlight8

Rinkside
Y/M weren't held down---he was recovering from an injury and struggled at both their events. OTOH, Morozova / Zhirnov's gold medal in their early event was a joke and they should have been 5th in their last event, and I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I would never have expected the Parsons to beat Y/M for gold in any case.

Last year all the gold medals save one was won by a Russian team. I suppose the same thing will happen again this year and the final will be all Russian. :rolleye:

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree on M/Z's placement - I cannot see how you could have them 5th behind the baby Ukrainians in that event but ... alas not worth more discussion since M/Z's not even a team anymore.

I just responded to say it's not actually true that all gold medals but one were won by a Russian couple last year - both Edwards/Pang and Bent/Mckeen won gold at an event. Not that I expect this to stop your eye-rolls and conspiracy theories, but at least do it with the correct facts ...

I for one am very excited about the Loboda/Drodz and Parsons matchup (I'm a fan of both).

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The French couple ABACHKINA / THAURON are not a consideration any more---they were switched to Latvia and replaced by GALAYAYAIEVA / ABECASSIS, who finished 3rd, some 15 points behind ABACHKINA / THAURON at the LYON SUMMER CUP.

And yes, last year two CANADIAN teams were allowed to win gold medals and go to the JGPF. But not any US teams: a US team had "stolen" the 2014 JW gold medal from Y/M, so there was to be no chance of a US team stealing the 2015 JGPF medal from Y/M, especially since M was injured and not in top shape....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just noticed that EVDOKIMOVA / BAZIN are out and SHEVCHENKOVA / EREMENKO (still scheduled for RIGA) are replacing them. Why??

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Just noticed that EVDOKIMOVA / BAZIN are out and SHEVCHENKOVA / EREMENKO (still scheduled for RIGA) are replacing them. Why??

Oh, it's just another crazy Russian plot to steal gold from the US teams. I thought it would be obvious to you :shrug:

hanca

Record Breaker
True. Replacing a couple who placed 3rd at Russian junior nationals with a couple who placed 7th must be a real cause for panic for all their competitors, and especially for US teams.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
These Russians will take 'all the gold' in ice dance again :mad:

P.S. And this is obviously a punishment for Vancouver Olympics when Lysachek won over Plushenko :biggrin:

Last edited: