Ticket sales | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ticket sales

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Malpensa is the biggest airport in Milan and the one with most international flights, Linate is kinda smaller and used by low-cost companies also. Linate is really in Milan and you can get there by a 30 min bus ride from the central train station (I used it :) ). Malpensa is not exactly in Milan (actually is quite in the countryside) but there's an Airport Express that makes it easy to reach the city even if it will take 1h by bus.
Anyway both of them are good enough.
Just an added info: you might find that there is also the "Orio-Alserio" airport and sometimes they say it's Milan but it is actually near Bergamo and quite far from Milan (there is an Airport express from Orio-Alserio to Milan but it's like 1 hour and a half bus ride) so maybe avoid this airport (which is the main airport for Ryanair flights to Milan, if someone is coming from Europe).

You are just a treasure trove of information. Thx so much for taking the time to post all this info. I was in Italy last year but did more the touristy Rome, Venice, Florence thing, so have no clue about Milan...I decided to work with a travel agent on my airline ticket, because it appears that Linate is a good choice for me. With a little bit of luck, I may be able to fly on a frequent flier mileage ticket, so it's worth getting some help...It's a great feeling to know that I've made a lot of progress. Also so helpful to see that the arena is right on the Metro line. That makes a world of difference.

Thx again!

draka

Rinkside
Hi everyone and thank you for all the info you posted, it's been so very helpful!

I wanted to ask if anyone has had experience with competitions in Japan, do you think the ticket prices for 2019 Worlds in Saitama will be higher than the ones in Milan? And is it even possible to find good tickets for a Japan competition or are they sold out in minutes? :laugh::scratch2: And what about 2020 in Montreal? I'm considering going to either one of the next three Worlds and I really want to have that all-event ticket experience. I realise that a lot of my favs will retire after the Oly season but my hopes for a nice seat+price combo for Milan didn't turn out as I wanted them to.... We shall see for individual event tickets in the fall, but right now I would love to know if you think Japan or Canada would be a better option for the all-event tickets, event organisation, etc. (Plane tickets and other tourist costs are not my concern right now as there are pros and cons for either destination for me, I just want to know about the competitions themselves.) Thank you

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I would assume a lot of people in Asia, especially Japan, are trying to go to the Olympics and skip Worlds this year.
But Worlds in Japan... getting tickets, especially for great seats, might be pretty difficult and expensive, what with the local interest. And field my be better than at Milan.

Kelly Lynn

Rinkside
I'm having trouble with ticket sales. I'm only being given one delivery method which is a pick up at box office. Also having a problem using Pay Pal. Anyone else having similar problems?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm having trouble with ticket sales. I'm only being given one delivery method which is a pick up at box office. Also having a problem using Pay Pal. Anyone else having similar problems?

Dunno about PayPal, I paid by cc, but the box office option is the *only* option. At one point in the ordering process, there is an option to click on to change delivery methods, but even then it doesn't actually let you change the method. ;-) So just go for it. There'll be plenty of time to get your tickets, especially if you attend the practices.

fra

Rinkside

I had problems paying with pay pal and then I payed by credit card. I think a friend of mine used the paypal but don't know how many times she tried.
I also only had the pick up option even if I tried several times to change the delivery method. I've alreayd experienced that option for other events and, even if I'd preferred to have my tickets sent to my home, it should not be a big problem: as Winnie said, especially if you're going to the practices, you'll have a lot of times to get your tickets (they usually were available to be picked up far before the "1h before the event" time :) ).

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Dunno about PayPal, I paid by cc, but the box office option is the *only* option. At one point in the ordering process, there is an option to click on to change delivery methods, but even then it doesn't actually let you change the method. ;-) So just go for it. There'll be plenty of time to get your tickets, especially if you attend the practices.

Tickets can be picked up from Sunday March 18th. My husband and I are arriving at Monday morning in Milano, most probably. So we're going to miss the practice from that day. Or we will be joining a small part of it. Our apartment is one hour and fifteen minutes from the venue, so we'll see.
It's sad that you don't have the tickets before the event. On the other hand, it's save in the box office, so you are sure that you don't forget it when you're traveling to Milano. ;) ;)

Only nine months to go. I'm really counting the months and days!!

fra

Rinkside
Tickets can be picked up from Sunday March 18th. My husband and I are arriving at Monday morning in Milano, most probably. So we're going to miss the practice from that day. Or we will be joining a small part of it. Our apartment is one hour and fifteen minutes from the venue, so we'll see.
It's sad that you don't have the tickets before the event. On the other hand, it's save in the box office, so you are sure that you don't forget it when you're traveling to Milano. ;) ;)

Only nine months to go. I'm really counting the months and days!!

Thank you for the info! I was planning to stalk them with emails to know when we will be able to pick them up but you saved them :laugh: I think I'll arrive on tuesday evening 'cause I can't miss too many university lessons and I hope I will be able to pick them up on wednesday :) .
You're right: if I had the tickets at home I would have spent these nine months checking if they're still there every day...too stressing:laugh:

kaiba1986

Rinkside
Hi Guys, unfortunately I was without internet for more then a week and have just found, that the tickets have been on sale for few days now. The prices are a bit higher, than I expected. I want to ask, are there any colors that are not available anymore (that I missed)? What do you think is the best price seat ratio? Thank you for an answer.

fra

Rinkside
Hi Guys, unfortunately I was without internet for more then a week and have just found, that the tickets have been on sale for few days now. The prices are a bit higher, than I expected. I want to ask, are there any colors that are not available anymore (that I missed)? What do you think is the best price seat ratio? Thank you for an answer.

Nope these are the only colors on sale for now don't worry :) and not a lot of tickets were sold, just a few in the first rows but I think you can get some good seats anyway :)
As for the seat ratio I don't know how much you're willing to spend: if you'd like seat very near to the ice you can go with the yellow one which is expensive, even if not as the pink one, but on the short sides of the rink you should be very near (and it seems that the kiss and cry will be next to B13 so if you choose B12 you'll be near the k&c and the athletes entry). If you want to spend a little less just go for the best price that suits you but maybe choose the judges side which is the "favourite" side :) (At least these is my way to choose the my fav seat ;) ).
Don't know if I helped but just don't worry almost all the seats available are still there.

kaiba1986

Rinkside
Nope these are the only colors on sale for now don't worry :) and not a lot of tickets were sold, just a few in the first rows but I think you can get some good seats anyway :)
As for the seat ratio I don't know how much you're willing to spend: if you'd like seat very near to the ice you can go with the yellow one which is expensive, even if not as the pink one, but on the short sides of the rink you should be very near (and it seems that the kiss and cry will be next to B13 so if you choose B12 you'll be near the k&c and the athletes entry). If you want to spend a little less just go for the best price that suits you but maybe choose the judges side which is the "favourite" side :) (At least these is my way to choose the my fav seat ;) ).
Don't know if I helped but just don't worry almost all the seats available are still there.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :). I was in Bratislava and Ostrava for Europeans and I had all-events tickets very close to the rink, but for a totally different prices. I mean, I know these are Worlds, but still... Never mind, important is to be there ;) Thank you again :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
but then you check out the airports and those are hardly ever the airport you'd expect them to fly to, that is, the main one near the city (Amsterdam Schiphol with Easyjet is an exception to the rule, lol).

Cologne, Derry, Stansted, Barcelona are also spot on. However, yeah, they are bastards.

Dina

Spectator
Is anyone interested in sharing a room/ flat (maybe even as a larger group)? I just bought my tickets and they were way more expensive than I expected them to be...so it would be great to save a little on accomodation and also have nice time together :)

mrsaybia

Rinkside
A human has to eat. So do we. ;) As we are not familiar with the Mediolanum Forum, I was wondering how the food facilities are in there. I've heard there is plenty to eat, but what kinds of food is there for sale? Or are there some nice restaurants outside the Forum where you can eat between the two games during the day?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
https://www.zomato.com/it/milano/restaurants/in/mediolanum-forum-assago I found something like this. Are these some 'restaurants' within the Forum?
Yes, looks like it. Their own site talks about various bars and a food court, so that's probably it.

However, there is a large shopping center next door-ish right across the road. Which will probably have a decent amount of food (their own website says 18 restaurants) available that will be more palatable than arena-food. :)
Plus, there's a Carrefour.
Which means I'n going the GPFs@Barcelona-way and eat and shop across the road. I hate Arena-food and it's overpriced.

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Yes, looks like it. Their own site talks about various bars and a food court, so that's probably it.

However, there is a large shopping center next door-ish right across the road. Which will probably have a decent amount of food (their own website says 18 restaurants) available that will be more palatable than arena-food. :)
Plus, there's a Carrefour.
Which means I'n going the GPFs@Barcelona-way and eat and shop across the road. I hate Arena-food and it's overpriced.

That sounds even better. Between the games there's enough time to do that and stretch our legs a little I think. I've seen the timetable from last Worlds, as I don't have experience of those schedules, as it's my first skate event!! And maybe a much better offer than eating pizza slices and fries every day.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
That sounds even better. Between the games there's enough time to do that and stretch our legs a little I think. I've seen the timetable from last Worlds, as I don't have experience of those schedules, as it's my first skate event!! And maybe a much better offer than eating pizza slices and fries every day.
Honestly? Unless you're really really really die-hard, you're not going to die from missing a few skaters, especially from the earlier groups or, say, from a competition you may be less interested in (for instance, Ice Dance free dance isn't really my thing, and I won't mind missing a few Pairs or Men's single skaters either). And your legs will thank you for taking a stroll once every while. Competition days are LONG. Personally I cannot sit on a chair from 6 am (start of practices) to, say, 10 pm without going stir-crazy.

Remember having tickets doesn't obligate you to anything, you can just go into and out of the venue at any time for a bite. And Milan has nice weather in March. :thumbsup:

Here's a map of the shopping center. The Carrefour is *huge*, looks like! http://it.club-onlyou.com/Milanofiori/Mappa-del-Centro