Ticket sales | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ticket sales

fra

Rinkside
Sorry all, I really freaked out but I did it!:yahoo: First row lateral section, (in front of the k&c?): I splashed my savings and my graduation present, so I hope I choose a good seat even if it's not in the main sides.
I had problems with the website too but eventually all was well.
Thanks to all of you for your precious infos 'till the very end of the process: I owe you everything.:thank::bow:
I'm really super excited and hope to see you in Milan!:biggrin:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
First row lateral section, (in front of the k&c?)
I don't think they have seats *in front of* the kiss 'n cry, that'd be a bit strange, wouldn't it? But if they do, that's really cool!
Sounds like you chose fine seats, regardless.
See you there!

As for savings... well... my favorite fashion brand is Italian. It's gonna be a Very Expensive holiday. :slink:

- - - Updated - - -

When will tickets for individual events be put up? All I can see is all events tickets.
I'm assuming not until the autumn, based on previous years.

fra

Rinkside
I don't think they have seats *in front of* the kiss 'n cry, that'd be a bit strange, wouldn't it?
oops that was my English slipping badly due to the excitement, sorry:palmf: I meant I probably will be able to see it from my seat judging from the plan someone posted here:laugh:

For the single tickets if I remember well they told me September but they also said "April" for the all-event ticket (ahahaah) so don't take it too seriously: mid-autumn is my guess.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
oops that was my English slipping badly due to the excitement, sorry:palmf: I meant I probably will be able to see it from my seat judging from the plan someone posted here:laugh:
I never paid attention to that... Whereabouts is the kiss 'n cry supposed to be?
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that it's supposedly near section A19 on the short side. Nice, if true. :)

fra

Rinkside
I never paid attention to that... Whereabouts is the kiss 'n cry supposed to be?
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that it's supposedly near section A19 on the short side. Nice, if true. :)

Of course I don't speak Japanese but someone linked this http://sports.jtb.co.jp/doc/2018sekaifigure.pdf and the pictures were useful too...I'm a little worried about the height of the protection but I hope it won't be too much a bother

Caustica

Final Flight
Purple center opposite the judges. My favorite area. :thumbsup:

Wait, purple centre? I can only see yellow or pink tickets though.

I sat opposite the judges in Helsinki (well... was kind of forced to because they didn't really sell judges-side seats) but it was really noticeable how skaters performed to the opposite side :c
If you've sat there before and liked it though, that's not a problem I guess.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wait, purple centre? I can only see yellow or pink tickets though.

I sat opposite the judges in Helsinki (well... was kind of forced to because they didn't really sell judges-side seats) but it was really noticeable how skaters performed to the opposite side :c
If you've sat there before and liked it though, that's not a problem I guess.
Pink = purple, depending on how color blind I am, lol.
Much prefer opposite to the judges' side. Judges side always gives me troubles with some camera or another blocking part of my view, and if I'm into watching a performance, I really don't notice anything like people performing to a particular side. My thoughts are otherwise occupied with nicer things (well, except Boyang's shoulder shimmy right at me, I totally noticed that!). ;-)
Plus, I want to be close to the ice. With the judges, you're kind of already a few rows back.
Oh, and perhaps most importantly: I watch way too much figure skating, so already get to see the programs a bunch of times from the "right" side on telly. It's fun to see the other side for a change, too.

Belu

Rinkside
Thank you very much for all the info!! :D I have just bought three all events tickets for me and my friends. We are so happy! Our first live Worlds!! :yahoo:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did it. Got my ticket. Thank you to all for your helpful info. I ended up in Section B19, Row 10. Normally I sit in the oxygen mask level seats, so this will seem close for me. Prices do seem a little expensive. Oh well, don't want to go all that way and have a bad seat! Really don't like the box office pick up thing but (same as everyone else) couldn't change it.

One other question now, and forgive me if this has already been covered. I see 2 airports listed for Milan when coming from the U.S. -- MXP (Malpensa)and LIN (Linate). Is either one preferable over the other? Looks like Linate is closer, but I know closer is not necessarily better. Any advice? Thx!

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
LIN is a bit closer to the city but there is the very convenient MXP Airport Express train into Central or Cadorna Stations. I would recommend flying into the airport that has cheaper flights or flights that better suit your schedule (or both!)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Malpensa is more standard, I think. In my mind I compare it to the London Heathrow and City airports; one closer than the other, but especially for international flights not necessarily the better choice.

kurama45

Rinkside
Hi, I´m new here. I just wanna ask what do you think is the chance to get some good (or quite good) seats in autumn when individual tickets will be available? I really can´t afford the all event tickets by these prices now... I´m interested in men´s free especially. Like if I see it right not all seats are available now. Are they saved for autumn sale?:scratch2: Thank you very much :) P.S: Sorry for my english...

fra

Rinkside
One other question now, and forgive me if this has already been covered. I see 2 airports listed for Milan when coming from the U.S. -- MXP (Malpensa)and LIN (Linate). Is either one preferable over the other? Looks like Linate is closer, but I know closer is not necessarily better. Any advice? Thx!
Malpensa is the biggest airport in Milan and the one with most international flights, Linate is kinda smaller and used by low-cost companies also. Linate is really in Milan and you can get there by a 30 min bus ride from the central train station (I used it :) ). Malpensa is not exactly in Milan (actually is quite in the countryside) but there's an Airport Express that makes it easy to reach the city even if it will take 1h by bus.
Anyway both of them are good enough.
Just an added info: you might find that there is also the "Orio-Alserio" airport and sometimes they say it's Milan but it is actually near Bergamo and quite far from Milan (there is an Airport express from Orio-Alserio to Milan but it's like 1 hour and a half bus ride) so maybe avoid this airport (which is the main airport for Ryanair flights to Milan, if someone is coming from Europe).

fra

Rinkside
Hi, I´m new here. I just wanna ask what do you think is the chance to get some good (or quite good) seats in autumn when individual tickets will be available? I really can´t afford the all event tickets by these prices now... I´m interested in men´s free especially. Like if I see it right not all seats are available now. Are they saved for autumn sale?:scratch2: Thank you very much :) P.S: Sorry for my english...

I think you will find some good tickets: right now not all the seats are on sale so maybe they're keeping some areas for the single tickets. True that they could also be for some special packages we know nothing about, but my guess is that they're keeping at least a part of the seats for single tickets or people buying them will only get what's left and this won't be either very fair nor convenient for them.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
so maybe avoid this airport (which is the main airport for Ryanair flights to Milan, if someone is coming from Europe).
I hate Ryanair and Easyjet and similar companies, they always say they fly to cities, but then you check out the airports and those are hardly ever the airport you'd expect them to fly to, that is, the main one near the city (Amsterdam Schiphol with Easyjet is an exception to the rule, lol).
I'm 99 % certain flying to Malpensa, unless I decide to take the train (!).

fra

Rinkside
Wow, thanks, those pictures are great!! With height references, even. Someone did serious research! Those railings look bizarrely high...

Yes! Japanese are always the best lol! I've especially appreciated the height references 'cause I'm short and will probably have some problems with those railings: I was in doubt if buying a first row ticket was a good deal but in the end I did it so now I only hope they won't bother too much... I still prefer the beautiful plexiglass railings at the Palavela, though :eek:hwell:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think you will find some good tickets: right now not all the seats are on sale so maybe they're keeping some areas for the single tickets.
Yes, I'm sure there'll be plenty of single seats left. There are really not that many seats available yet, IMHO. I'd have expected more. They're also not exactly selling like hot cakes. No doubt a lot of people (especially from Asia) are planning to go to the Olympics instead.