2017 CS US International Classic Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Pairs SP

gold12345

Medalist
Hrmph. What was the point of racing home from work to watch the blue screen of death? And in what universe are Chelsea and Brian first out all of the American pairs?? I mean... good for them, wow, but... wow.

Ahh, September competitions. L/J are just out of Juniors and are very much used to competing during the early months. The Knierims on the other hand are debuting here 5 months earlier than they did last season and I'm assuming weren't looking to be fully ready here.

It was by far the best I've ever seen L/J skate. It was the first 3S I've ever seen them both land, and one of the first, if not the first, clean throw triple sal I've seen them do. She usually 2 foots them.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ahh, September competitions. L/J are just out of Juniors and are very much used to competing during the early months. The Knierims on the other hand are debuting here 5 months earlier than they did last season and I'm assuming weren't looking to be fully ready here.

It was by far the best I've ever seen L/J skate. It was the first 3S I've ever seen them both land, and one of the first, if not the first, clean throw triple sal I've seen them do. She usually 2 foots them.

They were very good! It was a well deserved score.

Paris Stephens and Matthew Dodd are in last place with a 27.32.

I'm glad they did so well! I really do like them and am happy for them... just very surprised! That wasn't the result I expected whatsoever.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Upside of Ice Network being down, I just caught up with the SP's of Deniss Vasiljevs, Shoma Uno, and Graham Newberry from Lombardia earlier today because the Chinese livestream started showing that to cover the dead space. All of them were great! :agree:

gold12345

Medalist
It's been a bit of a bizarre event so far, not uncommon for this early in the season. Looking back at last season, the entire discipline of pairs didn't really start picking it up until Europeans.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good skate from Sydney and Maxime; I can see why they got that GP spot. Hadn't heard of them before, but really not a bad international debut.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Brandon needs to shave. Seriously. Better music choice, Denney was so close to landing the 3S, so it seems like recovery is going well. Gorgeous twist and throw, can't believe I'm saying this but the U.S. pairs Olympic representative is not as decided as I thought.

charmblade

Final Flight
Oof, Denney and Frazier almost face planted during that spin. Shame about the SBS fall from Haven, but the throw looked great! I like the program on them.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Wait... an Israeli pair did better than S/B-A and D/F?! Now I'm really curious... man pairs is getting so competitive and exciting with this Israeli pair and also that Spanish pair at Lombardia. I always love to see pairs from a small federation do well :luv17: