2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens FS

Meoima

Match Penalty
Not even a fan I don't think this is disrespectful at all. If this pain stemmed from GPF, it means he's probably been holding in his pain on and off since then. He showed up at Nats, did his best and perhaps the pain is becoming unbearable so he needs to have his health checked out. What is wrong with that?
Agree. And as a person who was forced to take a leave from work to the hospital because of abdominal pain just several days ago I'd say for God's sake If it were me I should never have skated.
I could barely walk to the hospital nearby because of the pain and people had to carry me to bed. That was terrible. From the clip, it was obvious that after the free skate Yuzuru was clutching his abdominal area. Normally you can just walk away with pain in the stomach but to clutch your stomach area like that, it must be very painful.

Last edited:

AprilS

On the Ice
I wonder if Sports Houchi is a reliable source? According to a member of Yuzuru Hanyu facebook group, today the newspaper released that Yuzuru, Tatsuki and Mura would be sent to Worlds :scratch:

That would be ridiculous. To not send either the second or third place finisher? That's like saying Nationals don't matter at all, especially since they could have and likely would have sent Yuzuru even if he didn't compete.

Lydia1703

On the Ice
This season is a hard case for JSF while the second finisher is still in junior circuit (I read somewhere that Shoma wants to go to Jr.Worlds but his coach thinks differently), Kozuka had a poor GP result, Machida is the reigning World silver medalist but he placed at 4th. In addition, the 4th, 5th and 7th place finisher all have a gold medal at GP; 2/3 of them qualified for the GPF.

That would be ridiculous. To not send either the second or third place finisher? That's like saying Nationals don't matter at all, especially since they could have and likely would have sent Yuzuru even if he didn't compete.

Kozuka proved the existence of the bold part last season

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
^^^ I think this is one of the reasons Yuzu continues competing even with injury or still recovering.....to compete, win and earn that spot.

I feel for all Japanese skaters, they could not take a rest because the field is very deep. Even before you can rest there are already a few that will take your spot, unlike if you are in other countries. That's why for example Denis/Patrick is more fortunate that they can rest and still be guaranteed a spot at Worlds.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^^^ I think this is one of the reasons Yuzu continues competing even with injury or still recovering.....to compete and earn that spot. I feel for all Japanese skaters, they could not take a rest because the field is very deep. Even before you can rest there are already a few that will take your spot, unlike if you are in other countries. That's why for example Denis/Patrick is more fortunate that they can rest and still be guaranteed a spot at Worlds.
:hopelessness: I'd rather not seeing him compete with pain like that...

MIM

Medalist
I hope Yuzu's health issue is nothing serious... He needs to take a full rest.

Congratulation all the medalists. I could not believe it when I found out the result. Kozuka did really amazing job considering how he skated in japan open this summer... I am so glad he redeemed himself and showed beautiful skating today. Hopefully, he works on his stamina for the second half of the program at 4cc/World.

Shoma for sure is a rising star! He was focused and made least mistakes. He has many elements with great qualities. Now, he has to put them together and bring even stronger presence on the ice in order to aim top at the senior worlds.

Yuzu skated better here than in gpf. He was more emotional, but I think the POTO theme is not a great fit for him. He is too sweet, light, and lyrical to portray a man who suffered years of darkness, despair, and seclusion. I cannot help but think R&J was a better program for him, even though his skating has improved since then.

Speaking of the POTO theme, I think Mura has a better character as Phantom. I like his powerful and masculine style of skating, which became rare in men's field. I still cannot forget the moment I saw his lp at SC. His character, the program, and the theme; everything clicked! I am sorry that I cannot see that again at the worlds.

Sota was a breath of fresh air! His skating got my attention since jgpf. His sense of music and rhythm is just so right. Except for the 3loop where he slightly missed a beat but no problem executing it, all his jumps hit the note. Loved 2a1l3f combo, which was so smooth and light that I felt it was a part of the choreographed steps.

Sorry for machida. Knowing the result, I expected far worse and watched his video last. It was not that bad!!! The mistakes were unfortunate. But he skated thoroughly with nuances, details, and even a smile. He did not seem upset after the result announced, but accepted and responded to the audiences like a champion. I have new respect for him. He is awkwardly serious sometimes, but has profound love and respect for skating.

foruiz

Final Flight
Cam somebody please post the results in English???

I am having difficulty with Google translate. Here is a sample of Google's name translating gems. :laugh2:

Hanyu binding chord
Small mound Takashi Yoshihiko
No good Takashi people
Machida tree
Yamamoto grass thick
Tanaka criminal
Village on Daisuke
Miya field-sized areas
Yoshino Akira flat
Iso Saki Daisuke
Hot water shallow Ryo one
Yu small swamp thick

This made my day!! :laugh2: Internet connection is bad where I am so I just got in, I will be doing quite a long back reading...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yuzu skated better here than in gpf. He was more emotional, but I think the POTO theme is not a great fit for him. He is too sweet, light, and lyrical to portray a man who suffered years of darkness, despair, and seclusion. I cannot help but think R&J was a better program for him, even though his skating has improved since then.
i think the opposite, i think he had more challenges in his life than mura(honestly dont know much about his struggles , correct me if i m wrong), esp this year and he knows what despair is , he shows all kinds of emotions during his program, remember his 2012 worlds performance? his intensity and despair, he is able to reflect his life experiences to his performances i think, he is so versatile, maybe because he wasnt never 100% this year he wasnt able to perform it to his full potential and its understandable, but i believe it suits him well more than mura :) :p

about his withdrawal, wow you gotta really hate him if you think its desrespectful :no:, considering the season he has had so far, he has been through so much, its natural he cant take it anymore, he tried to be strong till now, he has had enough damage, its his right to retreat and get healthy again,as a huge fan dont think its disrespectful at all, yes i would love to see him skate at the gala but its not important comparing to his health

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Speaking of the POTO theme, I think Mura has a better character as Phantom. I like his powerful and masculine style of skating, which became rare in men's field. I still cannot forget the moment I saw his lp at SC. His character, the program, and the theme; everything clicked! I am sorry that I cannot see that again at the worlds.

Before this season begun, I actually thought the same thing, but after seeing the two programs I like Yuzuru's better, but that's just me (and I'm a fan of the both of them)

hurrah

Medalist
Yuzu has carried the whole weight of Japanese figureskating on his shoulders this season in the absence of Mao and Dai, suffered a scary accident in his first GP outing, and still won GP Final and Nationals. The guy seriously deserves a break.

I thought that Yuzu had lost weight and he seemed to be doing little things to conserve his energy in between jumps during the free program, and I was really impressed that he has mastered the ability to pace himself and maintain self-control.

I hope he'll be able to relax and have recover himself before Worlds. Yuzu is a treasure!!

Lota

Record Breaker
I feel Mura deserves a chance to compete at Worlds. Only twice did he compete, once in 2009 and then again in 2013. He was 8th the last time and that's not really a bad result considering his competition, and I feel he has really improved. I hope he at least gets to compete at the 4CC, it would be sad if his season ended here...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Kozuka is one of my favourites, but I would not select him to WC as his last appearance on podium goes as far back as year 2011. The team should be Hanyu, Shoma and Machida who has done better in 2014 GP, competed in GPF. Kozuka was 20th in GP and not even close to qualifying for GPF.

Last edited:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I feel Mura deserves a chance to compete at Worlds. Only twice did he compete, once in 2009 and then again in 2013. He was 8th the last time and that's not really a bad result considering his competition, and I feel he has really improved. I hope he at least gets to compete at the 4CC, it would be sad if his season ended here...

I love Takahito (for various reasons, lol) and I think he also deserves to go to Worlds... but Tatsuki and Takahiko do, too.

It's just really the depth of Japanese Men's field that makes it really heartbreaking to see all the wasted talent not going to Worlds when a lot of other skaters from other countries can't even score as good as the unselected-men-for-Japanese-Worlds-Team can on an international scene.

Lota

Record Breaker
I know I know... It's just going to be sad for those who don't get picked to go to either competition...

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Worlds Team: Hanyuu-Kozuka-Mura
4CC: Uno-Mura-Murakami
Junior Worlds: Uno-Yamamoto-Sato

Last edited: