Japanese Nationals 2015-16 Mens SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2015-16 Mens SP

Plumededragon

Medalist
The first fall was quite nasty. I think he landed on his left shoulder and squished his face.
I didn't see his SP, as I had to stop for lunch. But if so, I hope it was more fear than hurt. If so, he can still deliver for FP. I hope so...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Watched on TV with family again.
Really well done by the top 3!
Yuzu's fall was sad, but he didn't make any other mistakes and he didn't pop. He was talking about it with Brian right away, so I hope he can sort any problems out in time for tomorrows free. The quality he has in all his elements and the way this program flows is so great!

Shoma's program was very well done! But I found that I liked his TEB performance more in terms of relation to the music. But everything was done carefully and well and under pressure too. Impressive.

Mura was Awesome! So glad they are finally giving him good scores and that he is giving them a reason to pull his PCS up. That was his best performance so far.

Everyone, bring your best to the free. :hap10:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Question: Are the Japanese skaters obsessed with Spanish dances? So many tangos, flamencos and so on... :laugh:

I was groaning and rolling my eyes as each one came on. WHY???
It's not as if these guys are particularly good at portraying Spanish dance styles. You need sharpness of movement, fire, and a bit arrogance (even if just put on), not exactly natural Japanese traits.
Daisuke and Shoma could do it well, but those are the only two who come to mind.

da96103

Record Breaker
It's not as if these guys are particularly good at portraying Spanish dance styles. You need sharpness of movement, fire, and a bit arrogance (even if just put on), not exactly natural Japanese traits.
Daisuke and Shoma could do it well, but those are the only two who come to mind.

I am hoping that next year the young ones would be inspired by Yuzu to skate to Chopin.

An étude hère, a nocturne there, maybe a waltz or mazurka or impromptu.

But leave the polonaises, ballades and sonatas. Those are too complex for young ones.

lakeside

On the Ice
I think in general the Japanese nationals is not overscored. Nobody is overscored except Uno. How on earth can Uno get +3 on his 3a? Mura's jump quality is definitely better than Uno... oh well, jsf is determined to give Uno at least the silver medal.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good for Shoma to skate almost clean SP here. :yes: Watching 6min warm-up on TV, I was feared he would either pop 4T or fall... TES score was a bit generous I thought, though. Yuzuru's TES, too.

Takahito! :love: He was on fire! And Takahiko! That was a performance full of passion. I could see never-to-fall-on-anything-determination in his eyes. Well done. :rock:

ETA. Ryuju, FINALLY! :rock: And Kudos to Keiji to have come back strong by hitting strong 3A and the combo after pop to 2S at the beginning. He used to have a near disaster jump-wise in SP when he was to miss the first jump. :clap:

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I think in general the Japanese nationals is not overscored. Nobody is overscored except Uno. How on earth can Uno get +3 on his 3a? Mura's jump quality is definitely better than Uno... oh well, jsf is determined to give Uno at least the silver medal.

Mura will never be above Shoma unless he bombs. Nationally and internationally. Plus Shoma has better skating skills and performance, etc.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Mura will never be above Shoma unless he bombs. Nationally and internationally. Plus Shoma has better skating skills and performance, etc.

Plus, it's usually Mura who bombs. Last year he had only one good competition, but it was right the first and it set the hopes high. And he crushed. I don't expect him do just as well in free or in the international competitions (IF HE MAKES THE TEAM).

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

*cough* I'm actually hoping for Yuzuru to try a tango next...*cough* :slink:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Have to agree about overscoring Uno's jumps, although not necessarily about Mura's jump quality, and also have to say I thought Hanyu's score was rather "generous" too (without the fall and negative GoE on his 4S his score would have been on a par with GP final... yet, I don't think his performance was as good as GP final):

When I look at what GoE bullet points Patrick Chan must be ticking to get +2's for his jumps at say, Skate Canada (when he was on fire)... and what GoE bullet points Hanyu must be ticking to get his +3's at say, GP final...

...I don't understand the +3's Uno is getting for his jumps. Because I see landings that are slightly scratchy... and I see those tight turns he often does after his jumps - which may be just his stylistic thing - but I wouldn't call it "good extension", "good flow" or "effortless" the way Chan's/Hanyu's are... not "creative exits" like Hanyu's... and actually they suggest to me he is not in full control of his jump rotation after landing. I don't think he gets the height and distance that Chan and Hanyu get... I don't think his entries/exits are a match for Hanyu's difficulty, flow, hitting accents in the music ... etc etc.

For reference, the bullet points for Jump GoE:

1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry
2) clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
3) varied position in the air / delay in rotation
4) good height and distance
5) good extension on landing / creative exit
6) good flow from entry to exit including jump combinations / sequences
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure

The recommendation is 4 bullet points ticked for +2 GoE, and 6 bullet points for +3.
So if Chan-on-fire is getting 4 bullet points, and Hanyu-on-fire is getting 6-7 bullet points...
Well, personally I just don't understand Uno getting 6 bullet points and +3's.

YMMV though... and by the way I don't have any problem with Uno's PCS these days... and I have also been seen cheering wildly for him (with standing ovations) at his superb performances at JGP 2014, TEB 2015, and GPF 2015...!

Last edited:

malo42

On the Ice
I am so happy for Hino! I almost skipped watching him because he's not one of my favorites but I'm glad I didn't. The tech content wasn't exactly high difficulty but he was so pleased with his performance and I was pleased for him too. I wasn't surprised so see Koshiro ranked so low but it's still a shame because when I saw he was taking the 3F out I thought maybe he stood a chance of preforming his planned content clean but good for him that he was still able to tack on a second jump to sal and saving the combo even if it was just a 3-2. I'm very sad for Sota, I do believe he can move up in the free but he needs to work for it. I'd really like to see Keiji's skate...

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Joining the party late here! Used Google translate for the result page :laugh2: The names were so strange and hilarious to say the least! :rofl: I could not even figure out which one was Kozuka!

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Might depend on your translation :biggrin: but I think he's Small mound Takashi Yoshihiko. Duh. Obviously.

:dumb: Small Mound eh? Obviously!:palmf: Oh Google! That was so funny though!:laugh:

ETA:

The "Tanaka Criminal" translation is the worst! I don't think he'll be happy about that! On the other hand, "Hot water shallow Ryo one" translation cracked me to pieces!

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
My favorite is still Hino dragon tree :laugh: I think dragon tree would make an awesome pet name! And I want to grow little baby dragons on a dragon tree. There is such a thing as a dragon fruit, after all :biggrin: it all makes total sense now!

But the google translator can actually be kind of helpful if you put in the names manually and remove the spaces between the kanji. Auto translations are way funnier though :biggrin:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I think my favorites of google translate are 'No Good Takashi People', 'Village on Daisuke', 'Miya Field-Sized Areas', 'Tomo field one Nozomi', and 'True Human Tree Village'. :p