2014-2015 GPF Pairs Short Program 12/11 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Short Program 12/11

jmills

Spectator
As a skating fan I appreciate the Russian pair skaters and their rich history Max needs to be more professional in his commentary. Dissing the competition comes across as childish andsour grapes.Arrogance is not flattering it is a sign of weakness.

apple123

On the Ice
Trankov said when he commented on Russian Eurosport 2 yesterday that they really have problems with skating together. They skate on parallel lines almost all the time, or they just doing simple dance holds. He thinks it's easier in transitions and overall, and there's even a joke about them around professional skaters that they're two solo skaters who skate as pair.

Wow, Trankov is the one to talk about transitions?! The irony.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
As a skating fan I appreciate the Russian pair skaters and their rich history Max needs to be more professional in his commentary. Dissing the competition comes across as childish andsour grapes.Arrogance is not flattering it is a sign of weakness.

He's not dissing anyone, he's just pointing out their flaws. Just like S/K flaws. He's commentator, it's his job.

Wow, Trankov is the one to talk about transitions?! The irony.

Oh, Apple, I missed you here :) I bet you enjoyed S/K again :) They were awesome, weren't they?

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker

If that was Wagner, it would've been called honesty here. ;)

He's not dissing anyone, he's just pointing out their flaws. Just like S/K flaws. He's commentator, it's his job.

There are ways to say things. Come one, Max is a bit of "big mouth". Always has been. Just like Wagner. :laugh:

Oh, Apple, I missed you here. I bet you enjoyed S/K again :) They were awesome, weren't they?

:rofl:

I think you might like to use the ignore button for some. ;)

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
There are ways to say things. Come one, Max is a bit of "big mouth". Always has been. Just like Wagner. :laugh:
Well, maybe you're right. But he was really polite, you know. He praised them too. Nothing over-the-top 'honest' :biggrin:

apple123

On the Ice
Because I didn't sing praise for certain skater, I should be bullied here by Snow63 and Alba. Why is that allowed?

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, maybe you're right. But he was really polite, you know. He praised them too. Nothing over-the-top 'honest' :biggrin:

There is nothing wrong with the criticism he made here.
I see them exactly as two solo skaters who skate as pair, a part from ugly lines from her. I see Eric as dull in his interpretation too. Besides, we've read or heard worse criticism about other skaters.
Someone called S&K here football players. :popcorn: Many in fact, have made the same criticism towards S&K, that Trankov is making for D&R.

However, instead of saying that as a "joke about them around professional skaters" (which might be very well true), I would prefer if he said that as his own opinion/impression about them. I think there is a difference.

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
I see them exactly as two solo skaters who skate as pair, a part from ugly lines from her. I see Eric as dull in his interpretation too. Besides, we've read or heard worse criticism about other skaters.

So a hateful statement like this is allowed. Really?

apple123

On the Ice
There is a difference between disliking a style of skating and hateful statements. To express the opinion that a particular skater has ugly lines is not hatred.

Sure, but saying S/K are space footballer is not joking but worse criticism. Hypocrite much?

Snow63

Record Breaker
Well, I actually think Fedor would make a good football player. He has good size for that. A couple more of inches of height will be okay though :)
I actually can imagine him in football gear :think:

paircheck

Final Flight
Trankov said when he commented on Russian Eurosport 2 yesterday that they really have problems with skating together. They skate on parallel lines almost all the time, or they just doing simple dance holds. He thinks it's easier in transitions and overall, and there's even a joke about them around professional skaters that they're two solo skaters who skate as pair.

mr. tankov please shut up !!!

bramweld

Record Breaker

That is his style. An utter absolute disregard for any form of tactfulness. Some find him refreshing:rolleye:

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Because I didn't sing praise for certain skater, I should be bullied here by Snow63 and Alba. Why is that allowed?

Eh, eh, My dear apple123, Snow63 and Alba are harmless. You ain't seen nothing yet. Gird your loins, its coming!!

bramweld

Record Breaker
S/K's sp is so empty. Do they even have any transitions? Basically they are doing elements after elements with nothing matching the music. And the judges gave them 34+ for PCS. Lol.

That is Moser's style. It is most effectively done by V/T. Elements. Huge, sharp, bold, good lines and unison with exceptional SS, but nothing much in between. That's it.

whatif

Medalist
Not the "in-between" argument again please. I think both V/T and S/K have enough going on "in-between". Obviously nobody can top the "in-betweens" that Moskvina puts for her teams. And D/R should be applauded for their efforts in adding transitions. However that should not be at the expense of the most important things for pairs skating. There is a reason it's PAIRS not "two people on the ice" discipline.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not the "in-between" argument again please. I think both V/T and S/K have enough going on "in-between". Obviously nobody can top the "in-betweens" that Moskvina puts for her teams. And D/R should be applauded for their efforts in adding transitions. However that should not be at the expense of the most important things for pairs skating. There is a reason it's PAIRS not "two people on the ice" discipline.

Oh no you will not hear an argument from me in that regard. If you have the skating skills of V/T and S/K Moser's style can be pulled off and nicely. But I've sort of gotten bored of it. Maybe I've been spoiled by Narumi and Mervin, Dube and Davidson, Elena and Anton, G&G, K/S to name a few. It is just that if you have the ability to incorporate those more difficult transitions within a program it just transcends the typical. That's all.