2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Reed/Reed go 83.88 for a 130.88 total, going into 1st.
They had a -1 deduction for an extended lift.

Now for Zhiganshina/Gazsi with one of my favorite FDs of the season :)

I don;t think anyone quite knows what to make of that FD, especially the judges! It's a bit outre for the conservative trend, not enough of a parody of Swan Lake for it to work on that level. I like the lifts, but the rest sort of makes me go, well uhm, uh, well... Know what I mean?

Barb

Record Breaker
Since when are the Reeds with Marina Zoueva?

I did like that, very lighthearted. It's surprising that they've never really moved up in the ranks internationally, given the years they've competed as seniors.

I know, I thought they had more potential, may be injuries.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
She looks woozy. I hope someone gets her some ice, she looks really dizzy and kind of out of it.

lmarie086

Medalist
I saw that fall coming, Nikita wasn't secure on his blades and they both seemed unsure of the changes in positions. I think that spooked them out of doing the next lift as well.

Other than the lifts I thought S/K looked improved from COR. The twizzles seemed slightly off as well, otherwise it all seemed more crisp (until the fall at least).

Last edited:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
They look nervous. She looks ill. He looks confused. And I think that's Oleg grimacing.

67.37 for 122.31 total, going into third.

Their eyes look dead :slink:

slider11

Medalist
WOW! That was scary. They started off on fire and were really doing well. I'm not a technician but it seems like he could have softened her fall a little. And what happened with the second lift? It seems she was ready to ascend and he backed off.

sses1

On the Ice
Well at the least the combination spin after was nice. Poor girl though, he fell on top of her. That definitely hurt.