2015-16 Grand Prix Final Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Free Dance

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I like to respectively disagree with you. In my mind I don't process the judging as unfair. Because in my mind, it's not something to focus on. In my opinion, I try to think of logical explanations and try not to whine about it and take in stuff well. You know?

Have you seen W/P and C/B twizzle GOE? I'd like to know if you still think the judging is fair.

Dots

Final Flight
Congrads to W/P and C/L. Thank God, C/B with the critical error is not the winner of the competition.
I hope this kind of absurd things will not repeat at Nationals and Boston Worlds.

My heart goes to Shib the most though.

Congrats to W/P? They had an even bigger error. He dropped his foot so their level drops, and then wobble for three turns in the last twizzle sequence.
C/L are just not talented enough. I am sorry, please don't hate me, but they are being judge for something other than their skating.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
If you're gonna give positive GOEs for W/P and C/B twizzles, you might as well give everyone else a 3+ for their twizzles since they all did better than the top two teams here.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have you seen W/P and C/B twizzle GOE? I'd like to know if you still think the judging is fair.

Like I said, I take it how things are and accept how things are. I don't like dwell on stuff.

We're probably not going to agree, but I'm giving you my opinion.

caitie

Medalist
The scoring at this event is a joke, and you can literally spot the American judge in C/B's protocol with the hilarious +2 for completely crap twizzles and 9.75 PCS. Of course you can't tell who the American judge is for S/S, so I'll just brace myself for the same effery at Nationals.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'd suggest watching the event. Everyone here is rooting for their team, so there are a lot of people hurt by the results, but it was a great competition nonetheless. That's why it's best to watch it yourself and then make your own opinion :)

Last edited:

Dots

Final Flight
IMO the Shibutanis were miles ahead of the rest of the field. I would have placed them first.

Lota

Record Breaker
Well I got my time zones mixed up and missed the entire FD. Ended up going running and listening to a podcast instead. Sounds like it was probably for the best?

I'd suggest watching the event. Everyone here is rooting for their team, so there are a lot of people hurt by the results, but it was a great competition nonetheless. That's why it's best to watch it yourself and then make your own opinion :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Oh I"m going to watch it! :) I just mean it was probably for the best that I didn't watch it in real time. I just went running so I am on a major endorphin high.

Judging is judging. I'm happy the Shibs gave a wonderful performance for the audience who spent their time and money to be there. Others that you liked, guys?

Last edited:

matcha

Medalist
Well I got my time zones mixed up and missed the entire FD. Ended up going running and listening to a podcast instead. Sounds like it was probably for the best?

It was a good competition, everyone skated very well (a few bobbles here and there...)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let me break up the bitterness here for a bit and say "Oh my gosh! Those stuffed moon toys are SO cute!"

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congrats to W/P? They had an even bigger error. He dropped his foot so their level drops, and then wobble for three turns in the last twizzle sequence.
C/L are just not talented enough. I am sorry, please don't hate me, but they are being judge for something other than their skating.

As you see in my posts, I'm not really happy with C/B topping over Shibs. The rest doesn't bother me much.

IMO the Shibutanis were miles ahead of the rest of the field. I would have placed them first.

We can agree with each other on that view.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
On the one hand the Shibs also had a glaring error in the step sequences and I think they were better at NHK. No one was super clean. C/B also lost points for their twizzles, but I don't think their program is as intricate as the other teams. Lesson learnt, judges have their favourites, and if you aspire to move up you have to be almost head and shoulders above the other team. I don't really know what to think, because if this were any other couple other than C/B I just have this sneaking suspicion they wouldn't have been held up so. :giveup::shrug: Sometimes you wonder why call this a sport.

Judges are human and of course they have favorites but they are supposed to, and I believe they try to, score according to rules. If, as you seem to imply, most of them have the same favorite(s), then the favorite(s) must be very deserving.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
And do you know what annoys me about this event the most? PCS. Just to show something:

B/S 51.27
H/D 48.66
S/S 54.04
C/L 54.95
C/B 54.87
W/P 56.28

Basically, the later each team went, the higher scores they got. Except H/D, because they had the most serious mistake. PCS seem more like being given by the starting order and number of serious mistakes. Why are PCS scores given like this? I don't think all teams should be that close with such high scores.

moon

On the Ice
I would say they definitely DO NOT score according to the rules. They score according to the conversations they have with all the officials at the event in which every country tries to sell their team to the other judges. If there is more than one team from a country the Federations decides which team of their own they want to push and then the selling begins.