2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies SP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies SP

andromache

Record Breaker
Technique in the sense of the ability to do so many combos, or to do all the jumps after the second half.

In general i have to say also Elena is able to do basically all the 3-3 combos (except of course 3A-3T), while other talented skaters such as Gracie Gold can barely do a 3ltz-3T

Gracie has hit her 3Lutz-3T every time this season. This is the first time this season she has received negative GOE on it. Can "barely" do a 3Lutz-3T?? Seriously? She has the best 3Lutz-3T among the senior ladies right now.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Started reading Ladies SP GPF thread and see all these fugly trolls attacking Evgenia for her difficult tanos and jumps done in the second half. :rofl: Now, by no way is she my favorite skater, but people need to give credit where credit is due.

The jealousy is real. :laugh2:

I think Evegnia is exquisite. That being said, I think B.Esp went overboard in declaring her "greatest female skater everrr".

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Gracie has hit her 3Lutz-3T every time this season. This is the first time this season she has received negative GOE on it. Can "barely" do a 3Lutz-3T?? Seriously? She has the best 3Lutz-3T among the senior ladies right now.

Here at the GPF was just awful.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Uh, for somebody who teaches HORRIBLE technique she's sure churned out quite a few champions with good results!

Well let's see. Both Lip and Sakhanovich encountered disaster and left her recently. So then there's 2 skaters who haven't encountered puberty yet. While Medvedeva might survive because she's awesome, I believe it'd be more -despite- Tutberidze than -thanks to- her.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Was Tarasova commenting for the russian channel? If yes, can someone tell what she said about Mao? :biggrin:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Flashback: Ashley was in 6th after the SP at 2014 GPF. She ended up 3rd overall.

Didn't Gracie also pop her flip in Skate America? She still has a chance for a medal. It's a shame because that jump probably would have put her in 2nd in SP, here.

I love Ashley and believe in her but that will NOT happen this year. Radionova and Medvedeva will likely claim podium spots and then you have Miyahara/Mao who could also post huge scores. Wagner will have her work cut out to defeat even Gracie.

whatif

Medalist
Lutz is the last of Gracie's problems, her technique is good. I honestly think she needs a different coach. Somebody who would work on her mindset and possibly package her differently. Accentuating the already OTT Barbie look is doing no favours.

Last edited:

shmay

On the Ice
The Russian girls really do have an amazing competitive nerve. I guess that's what happens when you have 10 other Russian girls ready to take your place the minute you mess up

Kittosuni

Medalist
I cant with these posters crying about Satoko's 3Fe. Watch the replay and she changes her edge quickly. But i agree she should be closer to Mao and Rad's score. Cant help to compare but Ashley looks so out of place with this group. She is like a second tier skater

karlowens2

On the Ice
Well...if you want whoever is best on the day and it is a 15-16 year old then how else would you have it? The judges should be judging what they see in front of them and not what they predict a skaters future will be. Right?

But this is precisely what is hurting the sport. The 15-16 is not doing the elements with the same control and position as more senior skaters. But, they are being scored the same. I was looking at Rado tonight. She's tough and I admire her. But she does a little jack knife at the end of every jump because there is something wrong with the way she lands. It's not the quality of a Mao or other skaters i could name. But she still gets +10 for these combo jumps. These light 15-16 yo girls who are getting these high PCS scores take away a lot of important medals. Many dissappear or never achieve this level once their adult bodies settle in. It's soured the sport for me and I think a lot of the viewing public.

Ekm

On the Ice
Started reading Ladies SP GPF thread and see all these fugly trolls attacking Evgenia for her difficult tanos and jumps done in the second half. :rofl: Now, by no way is she my favorite skater, but people need to give credit where credit is due.

The jealousy is real. :laugh2:

Insulting people for their opinions is always a classy and mature route to take :rolleye:. I like Evgenia, but I stand behind not liking the construction of her program (the tanos make no difference to me). I fully understand that it is more difficult to put the jumps in the second half, and she deserves to be rewarded for that, but the first half of her program is so empty and ill contstructed that it's distracting and aestically unpleasant.

Last edited: