2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens SP | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens SP

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Anyone else think Yuzu's 4T-3T probably didn't deserve +3 across the board? It didn't seem all that great. "great" being relative, of course, to the one he did during the NHK sp. The one at NHK was better and that "only" got +2.57.

I agree, it hit all the bullets for a +3 but his NHK one was indeed better IMO. But that was amazing in relative to all the other combos done today so maybe the judge were really happy see a nice clean quad combo :think:

And :thank: Yuzuru, for saving your 115 point WR for Worlds so I can see it with my own two eyes. Today's performance + lvl4 stsq and move the combo back to the 2nd half will make that reality.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
You can't tell it's the Canadian though can you? Though judge 5 the only dissenter in the PE perfect 10, got thier score thrown out for thier trouble:laugh2:
Even no one on this forum is arguing about the PE perfect 10 are they? am I asking for it?:coffee:

But she was also strict with Patrick. I think she´s just really hard cookie to please.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Seriously considering if I should pay to watch Men's SP in Boston.

Damn Hanyu, single-handedly raising ISU's bottom line profitability.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Finally awake and collected enough to put my 2 cents in:
Woke up at 5:20 with family to watch this on Eurosport

Murakami: Yeees, Yeeees! Nooo! On his 4s, 3a and 3lz-2t. He was doing so well till then. His Lz-Lo combination is unique and what we were looking forward to. But not bad, kept it together, has wonderful lines if a bit slow.

Pat: Our stream dies...we missed it but got it back just in time to watch some sad replay and a sad Chan face in the Kiss and Cry. He looks a little gaunt...could he be under the weather?

Boyang: Skating not strong enough yet to look good when the jumps aren't there, and he loses confidence which he needs for this kind of program.

Shoma: Wonderful dancing and using the entire body to portray this super strange music. But we were shocked at the fall. I'd have scored him further up on his components compared to Jin.

Yuzu; At NHK we were shouting and yelling at the TV, but this time we are just silent with shock. and afterwards, OMG.

Fernandez; Like Yuzu, we said Gooo Javi! He kept it together much better than last time, but I still think his best performance of the SP so far was at COC. He needs to be careful in the LP or Shoma, Jin or even Patrick could sneak up on him. I would like a Yuzu-Javi 1-2 again.

Worth waking up early for.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Leads by almost 20 points and Hanyu has shown that he can get 150+ while falling 5 times... while not even skating near his best. His best while falling 5 times would probably get over 160. And well, I don't really expect him to fall 5 times.

Well Han Yan is not here.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Okay I really don't follow the men much but can someone explain why the men's PCS is so much higher than the women's? Obviously the TES will be higher but shouldn't presentation scores be roughly the same point scale?

da96103

Record Breaker
Chan had better get a technical coach if he wants to continue competing. He's blown 3 short programs in a row. Sure, he won Skate Canada, but that was at the beginning of the season when nearly all the skaters were struggling with their new programs. But most aren't struggling so much any more and Chan is still having a tough time with that first jumping pass. He needs help, and his dancing coach seems to be able to do little more than giggle while he sits there and fumes.

Why does Patrick Chan have a dancing coach instead of a skating coach?

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I don't think Chan's technical issues are as bad as people are making it seem. His SC LP was flawless.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Fernandez; Like Yuzu, we said Gooo Javi! He kept it together much better than last time, but I still think his best performance of the SP so far was at COC. He needs to be careful in the LP or Shoma, Jin or even Patrick could sneak up on him. I would like a Yuzu-Javi 1-2 again.

There is no way on earth Javi's going to bomb the FS badly enough for Patrick to catch up.

I hope the podium stays just as it is.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't think Chan's technical issues are as bad as people are making it seem. His SC LP was flawless.

There is the confidence that comes from knowing you have a technical coach who has worked with you on your jumps and that you have done all the training you can do for that moment. A mental thing.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
There is no way on earth Javi's going to bomb the FS badly enough for Patrick to catch up.

I hope the podium stays just as it is.

I want to believe that, but I keep seeing Machida in my mind...NO! Positive thinking. Javi and Yuzu will be perfect tomorrow.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Okay I really don't follow the men much but can someone explain why the men's PCS is so much higher than the women's? Obviously the TES will be higher but shouldn't presentation scores be roughly the same point scale?

I believe its to balance out the men's higher TES so the scale between TES&PCS are proportionate.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Could someone explain me the rule... Why Patrick Chan lost a spin. I noticed he had a balance problem with the camel spin. I thought he should have had a negative GOE, but it was 0. Now I agree that if you give GOE -3, and the spin is downgraded you may even reach a negative mark, but that's not possible.
I was never a fan of him, but I am really sorry for him, especially for that stupid zayak rule.

Laurelise

On the Ice
Seriously considering if I should pay to watch Men's SP in Boston.

Damn Hanyu, single-handedly raising ISU's bottom line profitability.

Heh. Between his NHK performances and this, Hanyu has pretty much singlehandedly converted my mother to skating fandom, and if he's at the Team Challenge Cup in Spokane we'll almost certainly be there, too (it's a few hours drive for us, plus Spokane is the big city [I wish I were kidding] and we can go shopping, so double whammy). I mean, she liked skating before I could convince her to watch with me if she didn't have anything else to do, but now she's all, "Really? Hanyu? Let's watch!" This is a plus for me because we'll probably take her more mountain-worthy car.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Could someone explain me the rule... Why Patrick Chan lost a spin. I noticed he had a balance problem with the camel spin. I thought he should have had a negative GOE, but it was 0. Now I agree that if you give GOE -3, and the spin is downgraded you may even reach a negative mark, but that's not possible.
I was never a fan of him, but I am really sorry for him, especially for that stupid zayak rule.

I wonder this too. What does it take to invalidate a spin? Just loss of balance?