2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events

hanca

Record Breaker
Well I think that it actually worked quite well for Serafima, at least from the technical point of view, since her year with Tutberidze has been her best year of all so far... Then of course I don't know if she was personally under pressure or if she felt overlooked in favour of Evgenia
If it worked so well, she would have stayed. I think the season before Serafima went to Tutberidze, she was much stronger than the season with Tutberidze.
ETA: just checked her past results. The year before going to T and the year with T she achieved pretty comparable results, e.g. 2nd at junior worlds and 2nd at JGPF, which in my view proves that being with T did not help her that much. Her results did not improve, they remained more or less the same, so she didn't really need to bother going to T.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think it's fair to always blame the coach when someone is doing poorly, and I don't think switching coaches is always a magical solution to everyone's problems. Sometimes it can even end up being worse. But it's not like skaters don't think about these things themselves. It's up to them to decide if the situation needs to change, whether they are willing to move to achieve their goals, etc.

I also take Serafima for her word when she explains why she went back to SPB (which she did repeatedly), since there is absolutely no proof that anything else transpired.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
I also take Serafima for her word when she explains why she went back to SPB (which she did repeatedly), since there is absolutely no proof that anything else transpired.

I don't think she could have said anything else. One can either refuse to comment, and that will cause bad blood because it starts lots of people speculating, or, if you don't want to part and cause bad blood, you make some excuse that will not hurt anyone. I wouldn't call it a lie, but if you don't want to air your problems publically, it looks like a good solution. It is not as if she was 10 or 12 at that time, and if it coaching situation worked really well, I do think they would figure it out somehow.

stryke

On the Ice
I wouldn't call it a lie.

Except that's exactly what you're calling it. You just can't accept that Eteri is a good coach. Tell us how it really makes you feel that Eteri has the highest performing senior and junior ladies skater right now. No no no I mean tell us how it REALLY makes you feel. Let it all out.

hanca

Record Breaker
Except that's exactly what you're calling it. You just can't accept that Eteri is a good coach. Tell us how it really makes you feel that Eteri has the highest performing senior and junior ladies skater right now. No no no I mean tell us how it REALLY makes you feel. Let it all out.

I have nothing against Eteri as a person. I am however noticing a pattern of students leaving when they reach puberty. Shelepen, Lipnitskaya, Sakhanovich. In fact, I am waiting with great deal of curiosity to see whether the same pattern will continue with Medvedeva in a season or two, and later with Tsurskaya, or if Medvedeva and Tsurskaya will be first two ladies that remain with Eteri even post puberty. Despite your accusations against me, you can't know for sure how long Eteri is going to manage Medvedeva and Tsurskaya's skating. Don't get me wrong, Eteri must be doing something right if she manages to bring her ladies to that level, but she didn't demonstrate yet that she can successfully lead them through puberty. Buyanova managed with Adelina, Mishin managed with Liza, Goncharenko seems to be doing well with Elena, but Eteri seem to lose the skater (or give up on them?) when hard times come.

hanca

Record Breaker
Except that's exactly what you're calling it.

I said I would not call it a lie. Maybe you have problems with comprehension?

If you get a present that you don't like, are you going to tell whoever gave it to you that it is ugly and that you don't like it, or are you going to graciously accept? If your partner brings you flowers, are you going to tell him/her that you hate those flowers, or are you going to thank for them and think that it is the thought that counts? If you wear something that makes you look ridiculous, do you think your partner would tell you how awful you look, or do you think they may use a bit of diplomacy so that they don't hurt your feelings? I have never met a person who can honestly say that they have never told a lie, because there are social situation when it is not honesty that is expected, but being gracious, polite and diplomatic. The only people who really don't tell lie are those who suffer from some medical condition (e.g. autistic) and therefore don't understand that some things may be hurtful. But society those small (white) lies expects and does not count them really as a lie.

Or are you saying that you have never done that?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Congrats Stanislava with the first place! But what about others (Lozko, Samodurova, Pavlova) and their PCS - it's pretty high. And TES is low (especially Lozko). I'm not sure that they can good start in the next season on JGP. :( At least Polina stays junior.. :(

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Senior And Junior Open Championships of StPetersburg 10-13 Feb 2016

Day 3.

Senior Ladies, Final Results, Top3 of 9
FPl. Name Points SP FS
1 Serafima Sakhanovich 174.06 1 1
2 Maria Perederova 163.78 2 2
3 Alina Prikhodchenko 147.14 3 4
http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1516/champ1/CAT075RS.HTM

Junior Ladies, Top6 of 36
FPl. Name Points SP FS
1 Stanislava Konstantinova 197.89 1 1
2 Elena Pavlova 185.21 4 2
3 Sofia Samodurova 184.92 3 3
4 Alisa Lozko 183.97 2 5
5 Anastasia Gubanova 173.57 6 4
6 Alexandrina Degtyareva 166.88 5 6
http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1516/champ1/SEG136.HTM

Perdita

Final Flight
197.89 for Stasya!!! :hap93: Hope she'll do well at the Final as well!

I'm looking forward to see these girls at the Final. Hope Sima will do better there :console:

Last edited:
Country
Russia
To Nationals Elder Age (1-4 Apr 2016) probably qualified:

Elizaveta Nugumanova (4th at JrNats)
and top 5 of JrChamp of StPetersburg
Stanislava Konstantinova
Elena Pavlova
Sofia Samodurova
Alisa Lozko
Anastasia Gubanova

adelia

Record Breaker
Congrats Stanislava with the first place! But what about others (Lozko, Samodurova, Pavlova) and their PCS - it's pretty high. And TES is low (especially Lozko). I'm not sure that they can good start in the next season on JGP. :( At least Polina stays junior.. :(
Alisa has a flutz issue. The PCS awarded at this competition is not to be taken too seriously.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought this problem apply only for Eteri Tutberidze girls (Yulia, Evgenia), and now for Alexei Mishin group too - Liza N. and Alisa. That's all very sad :(

Don't be silly. Adelina Flutzed like nobody's business at times and Radionova has been called for lips so it happens at CSKA too. It's very common amongst women in general regardless of the coach or nation and usually if they can Lutz well then they tend to lip or vice versa. Gracie and Polina both Lutz clean and often lip. Mao has a Flutz problem. Old school skaters like Michelle and Sasha used to Flutz before the judges started really cracking down on edge calls.

It's not ideal but it's also not that big of a deal and something I find to be over punished myself in terms of the punishment. I mean...it's punished harsher than falls for the full 'e' call.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
really sad for Gubanova :(

I hope she sorts out her technique issues
she chould not became another Serafima, she needs a technical coach

those hammer toe picks and forced take off needs to go

sneakers

Match Penalty
Sofia Samodurova is most improved russian baby in a short period :agree:
second only to Konstantinova in progress in a year

so who will get potential 2 assignments for JGP ?
so many to choose from

Tsurskaya - 2
Nugumanova - 2
Samodurova - 2
Fedichkina - 2
Lozko - 2
Tarusina - 2
Konstantinova - 2 / or she will go seniors ?

Gubanova - 1 or none ?
Mukhortova - 1 or none