2015 Canadian Nationals Men's SP Jan 23 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Nationals Men's SP Jan 23

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I must said, CANADA must be thankful Patrick is coming back next year. And Kevin has lost his only chance to be champion.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tracy Wilson made a good point regarding Kevin's boot issue --- that what hurt him is more the lost training time. That perhaps he needed to just stick to a pair and change his technique as necessary. And quite frankly, maybe he would have benefited from the technique change. It's not like he had super pristine technique to begin with.

Whatever boots he wore during Sochi seem to work OK, given his 150+ FS during the team skate.

Well it's water under the bridge; I'm hoping he performs better tomorrow.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
If he retires after this season or is like Caroline Zhang... I won't be able to handle this.

kresslia

Medalist
Let's look on the bright side here. The youngsters are living up to their potential 100% here, and they're the future. Both Nam AND Sadovsky currently on the podium.

peg

Medalist
I'm feeling pale. REALLY pale

I totally jinxed it. IT'S MY FAU:T!
It's not your fault. He has had boot problems for two seasons and just hasn't had enough training time. You didn't cause that. The boot problems did. As for the botched step sequence, he was probably totally disoriented after all the falls.

I feel really bad for him. And for you too. I know how badly you wanted him to win.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know what to do now. I feel like going in a room and not coming out for a while. I TOTALLY JINXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my hope.

I had every right to be nervous.

I don't know...

I...I..I....

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Tracy Wilson made a good point regarding Kevin's boot issue --- that what hurt him is more the lost training time. That perhaps he needed to just stick to a pair and change his technique as necessary. And quite frankly, maybe he would have benefited from the technique change. It's not like he had super pristine technique to begin with.

Whatever boots he wore during Sochi seem to work OK, given his 150+ FS during the team skate.

Well it's water under the bridge; I'm hoping he performs better tomorrow.

The problem with that is that his boots kept wearing out, at least that was one of the complaints. He can't really stick with a pair if they are worn out. Even just an identical as possible replacement still has to be broken in and is a different boot.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't know what to do now. I feel like going in a room and not coming out for a while. I TOTALLY JINXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my hope.

I had every right to be nervous.

I don't know...

I...I..I....

You have every right to be calm as well.

You are not responsible for anybody else nor their circumstances and consequences.