2015 Mordovian Ornament Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Ice Dance SD and FD

turgon97

On the Ice
I don't see anything wrong with the costumes for IZ. Honestly I like these better than "The Village People" type leather headgear in black.

I dont mind the costumes- I actually think she looks stunning. What I do mind is the fit on Ruslan's suit. It's like they bought it right before the competition and put him in it without necessary alterations. Theyll probably address that before the grand prix. His costume last year fit his body so well.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ok, 36 for Ruslena is just crazy, they still lack a bit of intricacy and refinement (plus some touches here and the are just too camp for my taste :slink: ), but :points: for everything else: speed, attack, determination, edges, emotional involvenent! If it wasn't for the little detail that it should in some way at least resemble a waltz I would actually already even prefer this to Carmen :yes:

bramweld

Record Breaker
You could tell they were quite nervous. I think the performance will get more polished as the season progresses. All in all a decent first outing.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I/Z 70?!?

I didn't see them but I can't help thinking that might be a tad inflated. But if it wasn't, that had to be one heck of a short dance...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The TES was ok, but the PCS was very high throughout the event.

Tobias and Tkachenko got some 9's in PCS. I am very. fond of them, but no way should Tobias be getting a 9, even in performance.

Barb

Record Breaker
If only Elena and Ruslan removed the second part, it woud be great. That section with the high five is :hopelessness: :slink:.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
You could tell they were quite nervous. I think the performance will get more polished as the season progresses. All in all a decent first outing.

I agree. They are super fast and I love how they attacked the dance. Sure they have some areas to clean up every team does at this point in the season. I like the dance as a whole and I can see the - we will rock you part light up Boston. They have challenged themselves with this program and it's probably the most ambitious I've seen so far.

turgon97

On the Ice
If only Elena and Ruslan removed the second part, it woud be great. That section with the high five is :hopelessness: :slink:.

Yea, I really really like the first section- one of the better ones out of the current SD's Ive seen so far this year. T/T are a close second.

chameleon

On the Ice
Well, I/Z do have to change rhythms and I can't think of anything that would work better. The WWRY section is improving anyway, still work to be done but I've thought that every team needs to work on their partial.

Alba

Record Breaker
I/Z look better than at those Russian trials, but I still don't like the We will rock you part. Besides, somehow they make me think of VM in their Carmen and, as amuch as I didn't really like it, it's a not a good comparison to anyone.

Just out of curiosity. How does they remind you V&M and their Carmen? They're nothing similar to V&M and the program couldn't be more far from Carmen.

Well, I/Z do have to change rhythms and I can't think of anything that would work better. The WWRY section is improving anyway, still work to be done but I've thought that every team needs to work on their partial.

I love the WWRY part. Just to watch Ruslan there is worth the ticket. He rocks this program. Love it!.
:rock:

p.s just change the costumes.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Well looking at these scores it appears to me that the judges really want to get more European teams back into the top groups. The last few years it has been a bunch of NA teams placing well.