2015 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

QuadThrow

Medalist
IMO judging has been really fair ...

D/R were more than strong. quad, strong lutz´, better entry to the twist than last years and very well designed program. It seems that they still improve.

Nevertheless I think 70 points in components is ok, there is still something missing to get more than 72. Some transistions are rough and there are some moments when they lost the flow and the softness. Still things to work on.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
9+ for some of these components? No... Friendly panel across the board.

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
He does. He needs to improve his technique, strength, something...

So true re Michael Marinaro. Marissa and Mervin so missed out on a medal here. M&M are way better stylistically and connection-wise and in Merv's partnering skills than Kirsten and Michael. M&M wuz lowballed in sp scoring and should have had the edge there at the least on PCS against K&M. That was political scoring, plus K&M were held up on PCS in fp too in order to ensure they made podium.

Not much argument tho' cuz it is hometown scoring. I am glad for K&M re their obvious improvement. Kirsten is looking like she's got a huge monkey off her back. Her pr fluff TSL interview appears to have been cathartic for her, and she's definitely received a lot of support and inspiration from her new coaches and training camp. Still, she and Michael have got a lot of work to do. Even making the World team in Canada is gonna be difficult for her and Michael. This result helps of course, but Luba/ Dylan, and Julianne and Charlie are IMO a bit better than K&M at the moment. And no one is gonna knock Meagan and Eric off top of podium in Canada of course.

I guess Marissa and Mervin are taking things in stride, but they are too good to continue settling for subpar results and less than what they are capable of putting out there. I wonder exactly what is the problem re their jumps. Perhaps the moving back and forth sharing coaching staffs in Montreal and Boston really is not working for them that well in terms of fine-tuning their weak points (technical consistency on sbs jumps, and developing more difficult throws).

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
are you trying to pick up a fight?

I know you know that's an absolute lie :laugh2:

Nope, sorry, you can ask anyone who's been around... I've never thought D/R have anything going on choreographically. All tech, empty programs.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Nope, sorry, you can ask anyone who's been around... I've never thought D/R have anything going on choreographically. All tech, empty programs.

You said it's Trash,

Trash,

That tells me something's wrong with you, Not D\R or their choreography team

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
You said it's Trash,

Trash,

I cannot claim having read all threads on GS, but in the ones I read I encountered the word trash quite often. Maybe you could calm down a little? :)

andromache

Record Breaker
Time to get the wine out before the men start.

Congrats to the medalists! This event was less trainwrecky than the ladies. D/R's program is much better than last season, though I still like their current SP the best. They have nice platonic chemistry.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
You said it's Trash,

Trash,

It's just my opinion. I saw the word 'trash' being used in the Ladies thread repeatedly tonight with no issues, so I thought it would be okay here?