2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

Pracygr

On the Ice
Federation hasn't pulled anybody out. Why would any federation do that. That is just one more conspiracy theory.
Indeed. She had a terrible fall during SP yesterday and she fell 5 times in FP at Panin Memorial. Competing in such state is not only unproductive - it's outright dangerous. She doesn't need federation to understand that.

Pracygr

On the Ice
I'm happy for Alina. She was able to prove (to us and most importantly to herself) that she's quite capable of skating such a demanding program repeatedly.

It's a shame Sofia couldn't replicate her previous performance. These little legs need to strengthen a bit more before she can reliably land all those huge jumps.

Also Viktoria made a silly mistake on her 2A-1Lo-3F and missed the podium. I think with 2nd and 5th place she should make it to junior nationals anyway? Hopefully she does.

The Finn

Record Breaker
About Russian Championships qualification.

Already qualified based on GP assignment(s).

Ladies. Ladies have 18 spots total.
Evgenia Medvedeva
Elena Radionova
Anna Pogorilaya
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Maria Sotskova
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Alena Leonova
Serafima Sakhanovich
Maria Artemieva. She withdrew from her GP event. I am not really sure if she has qualified or not.

Men. Men have 18 spots total.
Mikhail Kolyada
Maxim Kovtun
Sergei Voronov
Artur Dmitriev, Jr.
Alexander Petrov
Gordei Gorshkov

Pairs. Pairs have 12 spots total.
Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimor. They have Withdrawn from their GP events but nevertheless they can skate here if they want to.
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
Natalja Zabijako / Alexander Enbert
Kristina Astakhova / Alexei Rogonov
Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin
Vera Bazarova / Andrei Deputat. They withdrew from their GP event. Don't really know if they have qualified or not.

Ice dance. Ice dance teams have 15 spots total.
Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev
Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Elena Ilinykh / Ruslan Zhiganshin
Tiffany Zahorski / Jonathan Guerreiro
Sofia Evdokimova / Egor Bazin

Already qualified based on making it to the JGP Final.

Ladies
Anastasiia Gubanova
Polina Tsurskaya
Alina Zagitova

Men
Alexander Samarin
Roman Savosin
Ilia Skirda
Dmitri Aliev

Pairs
Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot

Ice dance
Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov

Note: Usually all ladies and men who have made it to the JGP final have also taken part to the Senior Championships. However, only some pairs have chosen to participate to the senior championships and usually no junior ice dance teams will skate at the senior championships, not even the ones who will move to seniors for next season.

Qualification standings after 3 events. Those who are already qualified are excluded here.

Ladies
Alisa Fedichkina: 1st
Natalia Ogoreltseva: 1st and 2nd
Stanislava Konstantinova: 2nd
Valeria Mikhailova: 2nd and 4th
Alisa Lozko: 3rd
Anastasia Kolomiets: 4th and 3rd
Anastasia Yatsenko: 3rd and 5th
Evgenia Ivankova: 4th
Anastasia Gracheva: 5th
Ekaterina Guseva: 5th
Alexandra Avstriyskaya: 6th and 6th

There are 6 spots available. Surely Fedichkina, Ogoreltseva, Konstantinova and Lozko will make it. Most likely Mikhailova also.

Men
Roman Savosin: 1st
Artem Lezheyev: 1st
Pavel Viyugov: 2nd
Anton Shulepov: 3rd
Murad Kurbanov: 3rd
Evgeni Vlasov: 3rd and 6th
Andrei Lazukin: 4th
Ilia Knyazhuk: 5th and 4th
Andrei Zuber: 6th and 4th
Kirill Sokolov: 5th
Pavel Svetsov: 5th

There are 8 spots available. Most likely all will make it from Savosin to Kurbanov.

Pairs
Anastasia Poluianova / Maxim Selkin: 1st
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov: 2nd and 3rd
Bogdana Lukashevich / Alexander Stepanov: 2nd
Lina Kudryavtseva / Egor Zakroev: 4th

It is really difficult to say how many spots are available because 5 junior pairs have made it to the JGP final and quite a few of them might want to take part to the senior championships, especially since some of them have competed in senior events already. Assuming 3 junior pairs will skate here then there are only 2 open spots. If that would be the case then Poluianova/Selkin and Zhuk/Britkov would most likely be the ones who would make it.

Ice dance
Vasilisa Davankova / Anton Shibnev: 1st
Betina Popova / Sergey Mozgov: 2nd
Olga Bibikhina / Daniil Zvorykin: 2nd and 4th
Maria Stavitskaia / Andrei Bagin: 3rd
Anastasia Safronova / Ilia Zimin: 3rd
Anastasia Postnikova / Ivan Shaestakov: 3rd and 4th
Alena Podolskaya / Aleksandr Aleksandrov: 4th

In theory there are 9 spots available but for example last year there was only 10 ice dance teams instead of the maximum 15 teams. If the quality of the teams isn't high enough then there will be no more than 10 teams. I think it is very likely that there will be only 10 teams this year also. So, assuming Loboda/Drozd and Shpilevaya/Smirnov will not skate here there are 4 open spots. Out of the teams who has been named above only Davankova/Shibnev, Popova/Mozgov and Stavitskaia/Bagin deserve to skate at the championships.

hanca

Record Breaker
Federation hasn't pulled anybody out. Why would any federation do that. That is just one more conspiracy theory.

Maria can take part 4th and 5th event is she wants. Skater can take part more than two events.

Federation pulled Artemeva out of her GP event. She originally had one event (Skate Canada) and she was widrawn from it. She couldn't have been injured because she continued to do home competitions. It is no conspiracy.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
About Russian Championships qualification.

Already qualified based on GP assignment(s).

Ladies. Ladies have 18 spots total.
Evgenia Medvedeva
Elena Radionova
Anna Pogorilaya
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Maria Sotskova
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Alena Leonova
Serafima Sakhanovich
Maria Artemieva. She withdrew from her GP event. I am not really sure if she has qualified or not.

Men. Men have 18 spots total.
Mikhail Kolyada
Maxim Kovtun
Sergei Voronov
Artur Dmitriev, Jr.
Alexander Petrov
Gordei Gorshkov

Pairs. Pairs have 12 spots total.
Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimor. They have Withdrawn from their GP events but nevertheless they can skate here if they want to.
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
Natalja Zabijako / Alexander Enbert
Kristina Astakhova / Alexei Rogonov
Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin
Vera Bazarova / Andrei Deputat. They withdrew from their GP event. Don't really know if they have qualified or not.

Ice dance. Ice dance teams have 15 spots total.
Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev
Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Elena Ilinykh / Ruslan Zhiganshin
Tiffany Zahorski / Jonathan Guerreiro
Sofia Evdokimova / Egor Bazin

Already qualified based on making it to the JGP Final.

Ladies
Anastasiia Gubanova
Polina Tsurskaya
Alina Zagitova

Men
Alexander Samarin
Roman Savosin
Ilia Skirda
Dmitri Aliev

Pairs
Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot

Ice dance
Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov

Note: Usually all ladies and men who have made it to the JGP final have also taken part to the Senior Championships. However, only some pairs have chosen to participate to the senior championships and usually no junior ice dance teams will skate at the senior championships, not even the ones who will move to seniors for next season.

Qualification standings after 3 events. Those who are already qualified are excluded here.

Ladies
Alisa Fedichkina: 1st
Natalia Ogoreltseva: 1st and 2nd
Stanislava Konstantinova: 2nd
Valeria Mikhailova: 2nd and 4th
Alisa Lozko: 3rd
Anastasia Kolomiets: 4th and 3rd
Anastasia Yatsenko: 3rd and 5th
Evgenia Ivankova: 4th
Anastasia Gracheva: 5th
Ekaterina Guseva: 5th
Alexandra Avstriyskaya: 6th and 6th

There are 6 spots available. Surely Fedichkina, Ogoreltseva, Konstantinova and Lozko will make it. Most likely Mikhailova also.

Men
Roman Savosin: 1st
Artem Lezheyev: 1st
Pavel Viyugov: 2nd
Anton Shulepov: 3rd
Murad Kurbanov: 3rd
Evgeni Vlasov: 3rd and 6th
Andrei Lazukin: 4th
Ilia Knyazhuk: 5th and 4th
Andrei Zuber: 6th and 4th
Kirill Sokolov: 5th
Pavel Svetsov: 5th

There are 8 spots available. Most likely all will make it from Savosin to Kurbanov.

Pairs
Anastasia Poluianova / Maxim Selkin: 1st
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov: 2nd and 3rd
Bogdana Lukashevich / Alexander Stepanov: 2nd
Lina Kudryavtseva / Egor Zakroev: 4th

It is really difficult to say how many spots are available because 5 junior pairs have made it to the JGP final and quite a few of them might want to take part to the senior championships, especially since some of them have competed in senior events already. Assuming 3 junior pairs will skate here then there are only 2 open spots. If that would be the case then Poluianova/Selkin and Zhuk/Britkov would most likely be the ones who would make it.

Ice dance
Vasilisa Davankova / Anton Shibnev: 1st
Betina Popova / Sergey Mozgov: 2nd
Olga Bibikhina / Daniil Zvorykin: 2nd and 4th
Maria Stavitskaia / Andrei Bagin: 3rd
Anastasia Safronova / Ilia Zimin: 3rd
Anastasia Postnikova / Ivan Shaestakov: 3rd and 4th
Alena Podolskaya / Aleksandr Aleksandrov: 4th

In theory there are 9 spots available but for example last year there was only 10 ice dance teams instead of the maximum 15 teams. If the quality of the teams isn't high enough then there will be no more than 10 teams. I think it is very likely that there will be only 10 teams this year also. So, assuming Loboda/Drozd and Shpilevaya/Smirnov will not skate here there are 4 open spots. Out of the teams who has been named above only Davankova/Shibnev, Popova/Mozgov and Stavitskaia/Bagin deserve to skate at the championships.

There are some senior pairs and dance couples who are probably planning to do the last two events. E.g. Out of my head - Shevchenko-Bich.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Federation pulled Artemeva out of her GP event. She originally had one event (Skate Canada) and she was widrawn from it. She couldn't have been injured because she continued to do home competitions. It is no conspiracy.

I've heard (from a Russian poster here who seemed to have some insider knowledge) that she withdrew herself. It is possible that she was (or still is) thinking of switching countries. That has been the rumor for a long time, although I guess we won't know for sure unless she decides to clarify things publicly.

The Finn

Record Breaker

It is most definitely nothing more than a conspiracy theory. Of course she has withdrawn on her own. Why, I don't know.

voolfee

On the Ice
So this guuarantees, Kurakova, Scherbakova, Gulyakova in junior nationals spot, how many vacant placements are available for junior nationals still open now ???
Qualified based on JGP assignment:
1. Polina Tsurskaya
2. Anastasia Gubanova
3. Alina Zagitova
4. Liza Nugumanova
5. Alisa Fedichkina
6. Sofia Samodurova
7. Stanislava Konstantinova
8. Alisa Lozko

Qualified after 3 Russian cup stages:
9. Anna Shcherbakova
10. Ekaterina Kurakova
11. Viktoriya Vasilyeva

Who likely will qualify after their 2nd event:
12. Daria Panenkova 1+
13. Anastasia Gulyakova 3+
14. Aleksandra Trusova 3+
15. Anastasia Tarakanova 4+

Contenders for the remaining 3 places:
Alena Kostornaya 3+7
Ekaterina Mitrofanova 5+6
Elena Pavlova 5+
Kseniya Pankova 6+
Ekaterina Ryabova 7+
The main contenders from this list is Kostornaya and Pavlova.

And we haven't seen Alena Kanisheva on Russian Cup. Maybe she will participate in the 4th and 5th stages. She can qualify, I think.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Didn't Daria only participate at one cup event still? It's likely that she will compete at 5th cup stage in Moscow.

Yes, in the group of who qualified volfee included those who placed well even if they did only one event (e.g. Panenkova), so strictly speaking they haven't qualified yet! If something (injury or illness) prevents them to attend their second event, they won't qualify because they won't have enough points. A few years back Stavitskaya won her Russian Cup event, but she competed only in one event because of injury and she didn't qualify to the nationals. Even though she won it, they didn't make an exception for her.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Possible spoilers:

junior ladies:
Anna Tarusina - she was injured, but her instagram indicated that she is back on the ice. She may qualify because she had JGP event, even if she didn't compete.(I know the injury was serious, but junior nationals are in three month's time, so she will have had 5 months for recovery.

senior pairs:
Solovyova/Kudryavtsev - they haven't done Russian cup yet. Their highest score last season was 152.20,although they struggled with injuries and her puberty.
Yugai/Miroshkin - a new pair, so depending how quickly they gel together. They haven't done Russian cup yet but may do the last two if they are ready.
Shevchenko/Bich - they haven't done Russian cup yet. Their scores last season were 141-154.

junior pairs:
Daria Foka/Mikhail Domnin - they must have ben good enough at test skate because they got JGP event, but then they didn't do the event and haven't competed yet this season - possible injury. they might be ready for the last two events.
Elena Ivanova/ Nikita Rachmanin - a new pair, he is a beginner to pairs, so I don't expect too much, but one never knows.

senior ice dance:
Ludmila Sosnitskaia / Pavel Golovishnikov were considered good enough to be included in senior reserve team. they haven't competed yet this season. But potentially, they could knock someone (most likely Stavitskaya/Bagin) from their spot for nationals.
Anna Yanovskaya/Ivan Gurianov - we haven't seen them compete yet. I know they wanted to take a whole season to get ready (possibly to get him to some decent standard), so it is unlikely that they would show at the last two Russian cup events, but one never knows. If the coaches felt that they are ready, the chance is that they won't be worse than Stavitskaya/Bagin.

Last edited:

siela

On the Ice
Qualified based on JGP assignment:

And we haven't seen Alena Kanisheva on Russian Cup. Maybe she will participate in the 4th and 5th stages. She can qualify, I think.

We will not see Kanisheva. Moscow Figure Skating Federation has set an age limit for participation in junior cup events. One has to be born in 2004 or earlier in order to qualify. Besides, only those who participated in Moscow Open Championship in early September are considered for cup events.
The placements there were the following:
1 Panenkova
2 Scherbakova
3 Trusova
4 Kurakova
5 Tarakanova
6 Vasilieva
7 Gulyakova
8 Mitrofanova
9 Kostornaya
10 Pankova
11 Sinitsyna
12 Starodubtseva
13 Shuboderova
14 Safonova
15 Guseva
16 Gracheva
17 Rubtsova
18 Ryabova

So Starodubtseva, Shuboderova, Safonova, Guseva and Rubtsova are the girls who still have no events and can participate in further events according to the rules.

voolfee

On the Ice
Anna Tarusina - she was injured, but her instagram indicated that she is back on the ice. She may qualify because she had JGP event, even if she didn't compete.(I know the injury was serious, but junior nationals are in three month's time, so she will have had 5 months for recovery.
I didn't know that she is training on the ice already, it's very good. I hope that she will be in good shape for Junior nationals.

hanca

Record Breaker
I didn't know that she is training on the ice already, it's very good. I hope that she will be in good shape for Junior nationals.

Well, the instagram did not clarify how hard she is training. Is she doing jumps, or is she just working on elements that don't put too much pressure on her knees... I noticed in the past that Federation allowed the skaters to compete at the nationals because they 'received' GP or JGP event, as opposed to actually competing at the event. So maybe using the same rule Tarusina would not have to compete at Russian Cup events because she had JGP event. And that would give her three more months to get ready.

hanca

Record Breaker
https://vk.com/doc150392900_438744178

Entries , in Russian language

4th stage Russian cup

In senior pairs, no Shevchenko/Bich. I read somewhere that they changed coaches before this season started, from Pavlova they moved to Moskvina, but they haven't competed this season yet. Are they injured? Solovieva/Kudriavtsev also haven't competed this season yet. If they are not on this Russian cup, their chance of getting to the nationals will be gone.