2016 US International Classic FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 US International Classic FD

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I think, but I'm not sure .... that I've seen three of the girls "sit" on their partner's shoulder for a few seconds. Maybe it was a screen freeze, but I don't think so. I heard Meryl Davis say on skate radio a year or so ago that that's not allowed in ice dance.

Rule change? Did anyone else see it?

It could just be that three teams are borking their lifts early in the season :confused2:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
great skate Kana and Chris! refreshing music change.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Very nice from Kana and Chris!

Maddie's dress is gorgeous. The music is kinda putting me to sleep, but it is good to show contrast from your short.

Oh, she just sat on Zack's shoulder too. I guess you're right, skylark, it must be a rule change.

I like their new lifts. Love the costumes. Not sure about the music/music cut.

Nathan13

Medalist
And then the stream worked and Madi and Zach broke our hearts and everything was right in the world. :party:

Really though, that was stunning, and I love this program so much more than their FP last year. Nationals will be interesting this year, I think they are set to move up at least one placement.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
IN didn't listen so most of Madi and Zach was frozen or jerky, including music. But what I saw I like and beautiful dress for her

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hap57: Madi and Zach! :hap10:

Fabulous program, I'm so happy for them! And her dress is gorgeous.

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so glad I didn't give up on IN. Those last few skates were so worth it.

I'm so thrilled to share this with other thrilled Madi/Zach fans. Has anyone else watched TSL 37 min. interview with them this month? It's really wonderful. Madi especially goes sort of dreamy/philosophical dance talk, it's really cool.:cool:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'm so glad I didn't give up on IN. Those last few skates were so worth it.

I'm so thrilled to share this with other thrilled Madi/Zach fans. Has anyone else watched TSL 37 min. interview with them this month? It's really wonderful. Madi especially goes sort of dreamy/philosophical dance talk, it's really cool.:cool:

Help, haven't seen a thing. Throw me video of top 5 asap :) Thanks.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IN do not screw up and make me miss out on Zach or there will be hell to pay...just saying.

Help, haven't seen a thing. Throw me video of top 5 asap :) Thanks.

:shame: :eek:: :eek:: :eek:: I'm just a point and click customer; I don't know how to do it! So sorry! And I'm sorry you didn't see anything.

I hope someone else fulfills your request.

Nathan13

Medalist
Well, Hubbell and Donohue were like a skating Ambien pill.

Hmmm I don't agree, I found it intensely passionate, and I personally love their music choice. I get people saying that it's slow, but the connection between the two of them seemed so strong (so much stronger than last year even) and I found it irresistibly beautiful and mesmerizing.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm I don't agree, I found it intensely passionate, and I personally love their music choice. I get people saying that it's slow, but the connection between the two of them seemed so strong (so much stronger than last year even) and I found it irresistibly beautiful and mesmerizing.

:agree::yes::2thumbs::agree:

When one thumbs up is just not enough.

tinlizzie

Final Flight

The connection was very powerful between the two of them. I'd like to watch it again and that's always a good sign! I think coming after the energetic Spanish dance by the Japanese it made the music seem sleepy.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Aww He was so sweet to her in the K&C I love seein that!šŸ˜

Video of Manta/Johnson FD:

ETA:

:agree: I too love seeing partners being supportive of each other. Glad that neither appeared to be injured after they fell.

Although fifth overall, they placed fourth in the FD ... and had virtually the same FD TES as Paul/Islam, who placed third in the FD.
Without the two-point deductions for their falls, Karina and Joe would have placed fourth overall.​

Same channel has some of the other FDs.
And some of the SDs -- prob. the same ones that already are in the videos thread.

Last edited: