2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 151 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

mrrice

Record Breaker
Where did this come from?? I have no idea what I was thinking. Did I seriously just type a bunch of dots??

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mr. Rice, did you ever see this post? :laugh2: I would love to read fanfic of you and your wifey Maria B! :laugh:

Of course they would have to "meet cute." I suggest a rollerblading accident on a Russian city street, where the fab Ms B had "stopped traffic." And Maria, being the ever-insecure woman that she is, changed her hair color every year because she was constantly afraid of losing the elusive MrRice's interest."This ought to keep him intrigued," she thought, reaching for the bottle of peroxide...

[Just tossing out some ideas here...]

;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Where did this come from?? I have no idea what I was thinking. Did I seriously just type a bunch of dots??

LOL no, I just made a quote with dots and put your username in it so you would be notified and could see the other post I quoted about someone wanting fanfic written about you and your "wife". :laugh:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Of course they would have to "meet cute." I suggest a rollerblading accident on a Russian city street, where the fab Ms B had "stopped traffic." And Maria, being the ever-insecure woman that she is, changed her hair color every year because she was constantly afraid of losing the elusive MrRice's interest."This ought to keep him intrigued," she thought, reaching for the bottle of peroxide...

;)

Hahaha, I love it. More, more!

mrrice

Record Breaker

;)

It would shock people how many dreams I used to have about Maria. Weird dreams like this........I had been off the road for many years and I was teaching Junior High out here in California. So, the night before the first Parent meeting. When the new students and parents meet each other for the time. I had a dream that Maria had moved to California and that her daughter would be joining my dance team.......I was so excited!!!! Then I woke up!!! :sad21:

narcissa

Record Breaker
In which case they should have been white and to the elbow.

Didn't someone say she's supposed to be a rose? LOL. That would be meta and a little clever. But yeah, when she appeared on the camera I was like "%^#$%^?!?!"

karlowens2

On the Ice
After a week I think the scoring in the last group was too high. Comparing the Fernandez' FS no one turned in that kind of performance. There were many solid skates which is unusual. But, was any there anyone who skated one for the ages? I don't think so. Now 3 of the ISU top 10 are from this competition. I think it's going to create a ceiling to other competitions. For example, Gracie's FS program skated clean and with freedom could score buckets of points at Team Challenge. I doubt they would want to place her ahead of Med's new FS world record.

There were lots of great skates. But in this competition adding up the points created scores that were better than the actual skates. I think, anyway.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Carolina Kostner also had a full arsenal of jumps (and world medals) but would let her nerves get to her.
Quite similar to Gold actually but I think Kostner was really affected by the pressure of the Torino Olympics.

For long periods of time she struggled with her Lutz and there were times when there was a lack of this jump in her Long Programs.

TryMeLater

On the Ice
For long periods of time she struggled with her Lutz and there were times when there was a lack of this jump in her Long Programs.

IIRC, her Lutz problems were caused due to an injury and it was missing for 2 seasons.
She gained it back for the 2012-2013 season.
She was one of the very few skater in the last two olympic cycles to do all of the triple jumps (except for the 3A).

temadd

Final Flight
Such a pretty girl, but in the arena you could see her teeth were quite yellow. Odd! You'd think those Russian matrons would be all over it.

I am pretty sure that she has plastic braces which make her teeth look yellow.

Last edited: