2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

mrrice

Record Breaker
It is 8:28 on the West Coast of California and I just witnessed one the greatest free programs I have seen...........It belongs to Patrick Chan....I'm still speechless so I will add more to this post after I watch it a couple more times. He's just a brilliant performer and I truly apologize to Plushy but, Patrick is the best all around skater I have ever seen. It wasn't even perfectly clean but, due to his spectacular performance qualities, there was never a break in my focus of this amazing program. I just have a feeling about Patrick going into this season and if he can stay healthy......I don't want to jinx it. He's a genius :bow::bow::bow:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It is 8:28 on the West Coast of California and I just witnessed one the greatest free programs I have seen...........It belongs to Patrick Chan....I'm still speechless so I will add more to this post after I watch it a couple more times. He's just a brilliant performer and I truly apologize to Plushy but, Patrick is the best all around I have ever seen. It wasn't even perfectly clean but, due to his spectacular performance qualities, there was never a break in my focus of this amazing program. I just have a feeling about Patrick going into this season and if he can stay healthy......I don't want to jinx it. He's a genius :bow::bow::bow:

please come and post this in the fan fest... i know a lot of people there will be happy to read it. :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It is 8:28 on the West Coast of California and I just witnessed one the greatest free programs I have seen...........It belongs to Patrick Chan....I'm still speechless so I will add more to this post after I watch it a couple more times. He's just a brilliant performer and I truly apologize to Plushy but, Patrick is the best all around I have ever seen. It wasn't even perfectly clean but, due to his spectacular performance qualities, there was never a break in my focus of this amazing program. I just have a feeling about Patrick going into this season and if he can stay healthy......I don't want to jinx it. He's a genius :bow::bow::bow:

:yay: mrrice! Yes, please come post in the fan fest like 4everchan said above! :agree:

happylife

On the Ice

I'm glad you like Patrick's new FS ;). I would greatly appreciate it if you could give us some thoughts on Patrick' 2 new programs :). I hope we don't have to wait too long for this :laugh:.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm glad you like Patrick's new FS ;). I would greatly appreciate it if you could give us some thoughts on Patrick' 2 new programs :). I hope we don't have to wait too long for this :laugh:.

i think he has been taking a cold shower for the last 3 hours.... too much hotness...

nimi

Medalist

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
When does Gabby begin the season?!?!??? Nothing against the ladies invited to Japan Open, but I wish Gabby were competing. Maybe she isn't popular in Japan?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
When does Gabby begin the season?!?!??? Nothing against the ladies invited to Japan Open, but I wish Gabby were competing. Maybe she isn't popular in Japan?

i think one year, Japan Open had 4 Canadians competing... but here is something : Skate Canada has finally realized the importance of challenger series... Japan Open is fun but skaters go all the way there just to do a LP... not quite the same.... so I expect Gabby to get assigned to a Challenger..... and considering Alaine and Kaeltyn are both doing Skate Canada, perhaps they will send Gabby to ACI.... which would be delightful...

regarding popularity in Japan? I don't know... Cynthia Phaneuf has done Japan Open and I adore her... but her best results do not equate Gabby's.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Conrad's Polish fans will be happy to know The Eagle will be going to Gdansk. :)

So of course.... i guess that Orzel would mean Eagle... but here is something :)

there are 3 definition on google translate for Orzel..

eagle, genius, reverse

so fly high, genius eagle... and well ... reverse? i guess that's for skating backwards :)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

i think one year, Japan Open had 4 Canadians competing... but here is something : Skate Canada has finally realized the importance of challenger series... Japan Open is fun but skaters go all the way there just to do a LP... not quite the same.... so I expect Gabby to get assigned to a Challenger..... and considering Alaine and Kaeltyn are both doing Skate Canada, perhaps they will send Gabby to ACI.... which would be delightful...

regarding popularity in Japan? I don't know... Cynthia Phaneuf has done Japan Open and I adore her... but her best results do not equate Gabby's.

Gabby apparently said in an Instagram Live that she's starting her season at Finlandia.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Gabby apparently said in an Instagram Live that she's starting her season at Finlandia.

okay... so who do i get at ACI then??? HAHA

not larkyn, not alicia, not gabby, not michelle.... alaine again? i'd like seeing kaetlyn... i was hoping for gabby... maybe one of the decelles twins or veronik if she is ready?

TGee

Record Breaker
There was also this recent interview with Keegan Messing, Conrad Orzel, Roman Sadovsky, Ilya Kovler, Corey Circelli: https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/boys-to-men/

:thank:

What great National Summer Series coverage of up and coming male skaters by Bev Smith. ....:love:

And it's great to know that when she does write for newspapers during the season, she'll be bringing that depth behind her articles.

It's also a sign that a higher profile, national summer series is drawing not only fan, but media interest....

That said, it's unfortunate that Bev had to rely mainly on Skate Detroit and dated CTNSC2017 video since neither Minto nor Thornhill have been archived by Skate Ontario section...she's linked one fan-posted skate by Roman Sadovsky from Thornhill...Will be interested to see how that works out...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
TGee videos are archived somewhere but Beverley wasn't able to find them. Someone ought to tweet them to her something.

Tough skate for Aurora in the SP. Video is up: https://youtu.be/yJBIsOdp-iE
Despite the mistakes she sits 9th with 43.39 (TES 22.56 and PCS 21.83 - protocols). She's got 1 day to regroup before the FS on Saturday. Good luck to her!

Late edit:

Joseph has now also skated. Video: https://youtu.be/7Pduj3Fcpjc
His score is 69.30 (TES 38.62 and PCS 31.68). He's in second.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Joseph is getting a second GP in Zagreb....

Something very sad for me : Patrick will be starting at Nebelhorn... team Canada is also sending R/W there in pairs and the BC dance team S/W... I am quite sad... but oh well... what can I do ?

Trophée Nebelhorn
27 au 30 septembre
Oberstdorf, Allemagne

Patrick Chan
Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe
Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Here is the complete assignment for the Zagreb junior GP....

TGee and Mango : the boys-eddy are going

Grand Prix junior ISU n° 5
27 au 30 septembre
Zagreb, Croatie
Femmes
Emily Bausback

Hommes
Joseph Phan
Patinage en couple
Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud
Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy
Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy
Danse sur glace
Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Ellie Fisher / Simon-Pierre Malette-Paque

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Here is the complete assignment for the Zagreb junior GP....

TGee and Mango : the boys-eddy are going

Grand Prix junior ISU n° 5
27 au 30 septembre
Zagreb, Croatie
Femmes
Emily Bausback

Hommes
Joseph Phan
Patinage en couple
Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud
Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy
Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy
Danse sur glace
Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Ellie Fisher / Simon-Pierre Malette-Paque

About time!!

Though the Ontario ice dancers need assignments now too. McIsaac/Graham, McCue/Clemente, Han/Lochhead at the minimum.

Interestingly the English international assignments page is giving me an error. It doesn't exist anymore and isn't available in the drop down menu either. :confused:

Now I am wondering - where are WeaPo making their debut??