2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
well well

apparently ACI juniors has entry lists very different from Skate Canada website...

I am devastated to find out that my "son" will be there... and I don't have a ticket to go see him... i only planned to watch seniors LP...

here is the list for boys

here is the list for girls...

Skate Canada Press Release on ACI
https://skatecanada.ca/2017/09/inte...ntreal-for-2017-autumn-classic-international/

Junior Men will be Eric Liu, Iliya Kovler and Beresford Clements.
So the entry list was not updated correctly it seems.

This is confusing. :confused: The Junior entries that are listed on the ACI Start Orders/Results page were updated yesterday, so it's very odd that today's Skate Canada' article would feature the older list... unless the new list is actually incorrect and no changes were made to the original line-up?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is confusing. :confused: The Junior entries that are listed on the ACI Start Orders/Results page were updated yesterday, so it's very odd that today's Skate Canada' article would feature the older list... unless the new list is actually incorrect and no changes were made to the original line-up?

well last year, edrian won... so... it's not like they used the wrong list?

i have the feeling ACI would know better than Skate Canada LOL.. not sure why :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I meant that SC is using the list from Sep. 8 ( https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017-Autumn-Classic-International-Junior-Sep-8.pdf ) for its article instead of the new one from Sep. 18.

i see.. to clarify what I meant is that sometimes, on a competition starting order, we get the old names... but this is definitely not the case here since well, Edrian would have been listed and he wasn't..

I guess Mango will figure things out... she is probably on her way there... I was honestly surprised to see jason and conrad on there but they both had difficult JGP outings and perhaps Skate Canada decided to support them by giving them an extra outing before they go for their second assignment...

I would suspect that the addition of many girls as well would be in that sense too.... Skate Canada finally getting that they need to give more opportunities to our skaters from the younger age...

as for using the wrong list... i am pretty sure that the ACI list is correct and someone bleeped up when they did the press release LOL...

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
I'm pretty sure the press release is accurate. A lot of times federations will submit an initial listing of names to hold the spots. Perhaps that's what we are seeing on the entry list, regardless, it'll be updated once the draw is done for start orders.

It doesn't make sense to have both Conrad and Joseph there when they both have 2 JGP's already.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm pretty sure the press release is accurate. A lot of times federations will submit an initial listing of names to hold the spots. Perhaps that's what we are seeing on the entry list, regardless, it'll be updated once the draw is done for start orders.

It doesn't make sense to have both Conrad and Joseph there when they both have 2 JGP's already.

we will find out soon enough... but it's very strange as never conrad or joseph were announced doing ACI... until they printed those entries list.. and if you look at the link I shared, it says september 18th... i mean.. one would think that by now, they would have the same list...

in any case, that's a very silly oversight from whoever is responsible... not impressed ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

But the press release has the names that were originally on the entry list, then it was updated to what we see now. So it doesn't make sense that Conrad and Joseph would be placeholders when they would have had to change the entry list posted by Skate Canada to have them on the list now, then eventually change it back to the original names.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Aurora Cotop has also replaced Hannah Dawson in the junior ladies. Every junior athlete added has 2 JGP spots already. But I guess this is extra practice for those being considered for junior worlds.

TGee

Record Breaker
:thank: to everyone on the thread who is keen enough to want to sort out the ACI Juniors entries.....

Muddle or not, I find the it so great that there is a solid enough contingent of GS fans following Canadian Juniors that more than a page just got devoted to identifying the muddle, speculating on what the truth likely is, and analyzing the pros and cons of the choices... [including recently converted 'I just can't commit to following Juniors' 4everchan ;)]

But uhm, if all of us can't figure it, and we really care, Skate Canada might wish to consider it's prioritization of communications resources....:scratch2:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Okay so, to make sure I got this straight, there's the list of entries that Skate Canada posted September 8th, which includes Emma Bulawka, Hannah Dawson, Lissa Anne McGaghey, Ilia Kovler, Eric Liu and Beresford Louise Clements, among others. This list is what shows up when you click on "Competitors Juniors" link on the Skate Canada page for Autumn Classic (it says as of Sept 8th) and it was also used in the Skate Canada news article posted yesterday (Sept 19th).

But, on that same Skate Canada page for Autumn Classic, there's the colourful start orders/results box, and if you click on the entries link there, it shows (as of sept 18th) Aurora Cotop, Emily Bausback and Lissa Anne McGaghey for the junior women and Eric Liu, Conrad Orzel and Joseph Phan for the junior men. So I believe that the article was written by someone mistakenly looking at the old list.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
:thank: to everyone on the thread who is keen enough to want to sort out the ACI Juniors entries.....

[including recently converted 'I just can't commit to following Juniors' 4everchan ;)]

Yes, he must have been too busy counting the number of Replies to his Fan Mail letters from Andrew Poje. That, or ducking lawn darts tossed from St. Catherines, ON. ;)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Junior ACI entries which were published on Sep. 18 aren't the right ones after all because the starting orders show that the original line-up from Sep. 8 will be competing later today.

Junior Men Starting Orders (https://skatecanada.ca/results/2017-ACI/ACI2017_JuniorMen_SP_StartingOrderWithClubs.pdf)

Group 1
1 Yamato ROWE PHI
2 Beresford Louise CLEMENTS CAN
3 Iliya KOVLER CAN
4 Eric LIU CAN

Junior Ladies Starting Orders (https://skatecanada.ca/results/2017-ACI/ACI2017_JuniorLadies_SP_StartingOrderWithClubs.pdf)

Group 1
1 Phoebe WINSER GBR
2 Mina MIRCETIC SRB
3 Emma BULAWKA CAN
4 Maya GORODNITSKY ISR
5 Lissa Anne MCGAGHEY CAN

Group 2
6 Hannah DAWSON CAN
7 Julie FROETSCHER FRA
8 Siwon LEE KOR
9 Anastassiya KHVAN KAZ
10 Su Been JEON KOR

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LUBA'S GOT THE CITIZENSHIP

according to people who saw it, Dylan's instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/dylan.moscovitch/) had an IG live about her citizenship ceremony

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! :hap93:

ETA: screencap on tumblr http://balletfever89.tumblr.com/post/165582850880/yay-lubov

look at her smile!!! and I love that she chose that bright red dress!!!!! Go Canada!!! now that we have Lubov, we only need mrrice to cross the boarder and we will be complete LOL