2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 61 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

eps

Match Penalty
With the score of Alaine Chartrand at skate canada.

I'm not sure if she is lock for the third spot. We will see what she does at NHK.

I think that the third spot will be a battle between Alicia Pineault, Emy Decelles, Sarah Tamura, Larkyn Austman, Veronik Mallet (if she compete again) and Alaine Chartrand.

Alicia Pineault is the one that can challenge Alaine Chartrand for the third spot I think. She has a great competition and great score at US international classic.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
With the score of Alaine Chartrand at skate canada.

I'm not sure if she is lock for the third spot. We will see what she does at NHK.

I think that the third spot will be a battle between Alicia Pineault, Emy Decelles, Sarah Tamura, Larkyn Austman, Veronik Mallet (if she compete again) and Alaine Chartrand.

Alicia Pineault is the one that can challenge Alaine Chartrand for the third spot I think. She has a great competition and great score at US international classic.

Alicia is probably the only one who could beat Chartrand regularly. All the other girls are struggling just as much as Alaine... and worse....

Let's hope that Alaine earns her spot with panache.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is Sarah Tamura looking this season? She stood out at Skate Detroit a few years back.

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty
^^ Joanne McLeod is her coach, need we say more.
She is a pretty bad coach. takes skaters potential and ruins it. We have some of the best coaches in figureskating and she aint one of them. Why do people send there kids to her when they have seen what happens to skaters who stay with her?

mrrice

Record Breaker
She is a pretty bad coach. takes skaters potential and ruins it. We have some of the best coaches in figureskating and she aint one of them. Why do people send there kids to her when they have seen what happens to skaters who stay with her?

If this is true, why do you think she gets such good skaters to go to her? She taught Eman and Kevin and they both had very good career's.

singerskates

On the Ice
If this is true, why do you think she gets such good skaters to go to her? She taught Eman and Kevin and they both had very good career's.
Actually, Emanuel needed someone like Ravi who knows how to build a skater up. Look at Kaetlyn. Because of Ravi, Kaetlyn was able to get it together emontionally. Not everything can be solved technically. After injury, years of bad skate boots and or illness can take a hold on ones mental thoughts.

kenboy123

On the Ice
kevin will be retired in a few months... too late for him :(

Is every top Canadian skater retiring after this year???...it feels like so many of them are minus the ones in the Ladies discipline...after this year, Canadian skating will be rough shape again once again...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is every top Canadian skater retiring after this year???...it feels like so many of them are minus the ones in the Ladies discipline...after this year, Canadian skating will be rough shape again once again...

i believe in the kids... but yes.. Patrick, Kevin, Liam and Elladj will be gone... I am not sure about Keegan. The kids should keep going.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

one of the things that JMCL cannot do is PCS training... her skaters are pretty rough... Eman was a ballet dancer so she didn't have to worry about that with him.

Kevin got 5th in the world at his peak, when he was one of the only ones landing two quads in the short... back then, i feel that UR were less often called too.. but he was never a fast and powerful skater like Patrick for instance... his basic skills are not good though he is a great spinner.

I think Kevin would have done better with another coach...

I dislike seeing Conrad taking lessons from him during the summer.

Sarah Tamura is a huge talent not improving properly IMHO

kenboy123

On the Ice
i believe in the kids... but yes.. Patrick, Kevin, Liam and Elladj will be gone... I am not sure about Keegan. The kids should keep going.

plus virtue/moir too (i think)...probably the most reliable of the top canadian skaters...

kenboy123

On the Ice
v/m d/r and i/m are all retiring... but again not worried :)

I thought so....but i'm a natural pessimist, why oh why couldn't the Canadian upswing happen sooner??...looks like we will only have the ladies left after this season...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Fabbri/Pietrantonio don't appear to be splitting and will have to move up to seniors. Lajoie/Lagha should also move on to seniors next season. In pairs Walsh/Michaud will have to move up. Though Kirsten & Michael along with Julianne & Charlie will be leading the pairs. I except to see pairs as our strongest discipline, actually. Nicolas, Joseph, Nam, etc. should also be a factor...and more men & ice dancers will be coming through on the JGP. If W/P and G/P don't retire then then that will give some time for the younger ice dancers to develop without as much pressure to move up.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Actually, Emanuel needed someone like Ravi who knows how to build a skater up. Look at Kaetlyn. Because of Ravi, Kaetlyn was able to get it together emontionally. Not everything can be solved technically. After injury, years of bad skate boots and or illness can take a hold on ones mental thoughts.

I agree singerskates, the mental is such a big part of this sport. Being able to deliver what you normally do in practice and belief in self, that you can and deserve to go through that door. We have witnessed Ravi, take a broken KO back from quitting, to belief in self, that she was worthy. I have not seen that same quality in McLeod's skaters, be it Emanuel (the popper), Mira Leung (URer), Kevin (the URer/slow speeder). These are fundamentals that don't get fixed.

Time to leave Vancouver and Edmonton is not too far from home...

It's because she coaches at the biggest training centre in BC and was the first coach in BC to reach the highest coaching certification. That basically means all the top talents in the area go to her and inevitably, some of them will be good enough to do well at nationals and international competition.