2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 80 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well friends, after this weekend’s soap opera better known as US Nationals, I’m wondering what surprises we will have in store for our homegirls and guys later this week!

Nothing can shock me anymore. Piper and Paul just may show up and win gold, or Keegan, or Larkyn... :eeking:

waterblades

On the Ice
Well friends, after this weekend’s soap opera better known as US Nationals, I’m wondering what surprises we will have in store for our homegirls and guys later this week!

Nothing can shock me anymore. Piper and Paul just may show up and win gold, or Keegan, or Larkyn... :eeking:
OMG could you imagine! Ice is slippery

I think and hope everyone skates their best so we don't have any issues like in the US. We all have our favourites for the 3rd spots in ladies and pairs and I feel this season that's really down to who comes in third. It will be interesting to see who stands up to get the second spot in the men's event there are so many to choose from. Ice dance is locked.

I'm also very curious if the selection will be made specifically for the team event for the second and third spots.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdsQMNolGVV/

Looks like Gabby Daleman is bringing Rhapsody in Blue back for her free skate. I say it's definitely the right choice! That gladiator program wasnt half as engaging, and there ain't nothing wrong with using a world medalist program for luck during the Olympics.

eggnogkitty

Match Penalty
I just hope they send who finishes 2nd. Even if it is Liam Firus. It is not like the 2nd Canadian men is going to be competitive, probably not even for a respectable placement, not just a medal. The only way I could see the 2nd Canadian man being particularly relevant is if Chan isnt going to skate both programs in the Team Event, but I really think he is going to. He needs whatever competition he can get at this point, and he is a long shot in the individual himself at this point.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Liam should befriend Ross Miner and go drinking together, both have been victims of the silver medal shaft. ;)

(Not saying I agree or disagree with the individual circumstances when it happened to either of them, I’m just making a funny.) :laugh:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is anyone willing to create a Fan Fest thread for Matthew Markell---the newly crowned Canadian junior men champion---and be his adopted parent? (Here's his winning free skate :love: : https://vimeo.com/250574060) I enjoy contributing to the Fan Fests of several of our guys, but I'd do a terrible job maintaining it, which is why I'm hoping there might be a volunteer. :bow: