2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Wow, it looks like the US has found their Stud! This kid's amazing and to come back as strong as hed did from his injury last year - simply amazing! Congrats to Raf and Tammy for dominating the Sr ranks and contributing to the overall wow factor of thr 2017 Championships!

da96103

Record Breaker
So just for some perspective:

Bavarian Open is Feb. 14-19
Jr. Worlds is March 13-19
Worlds is March March 29-April 2

Basically Vincent Zhou would be doing 3 competitions in a 1.5 months. That is a lot.

Have they already chosen Vincent over Jason? As much as I like that to happen, I think Jason has more influence over the USFS officials.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can't believe it either! Isn't it nice to find new skaters to follow?!

I didn't want to use the "chocolate smurf" reference in that post, because anyone reading it who doesn't know you and your Chaka Khan music video story would think I was being a racist.

I totally get that but, if anyone had said anything I would have come screaming to your defense. For anyone wondering, I gave myself the name "Chocolate Smurf" Freeze at exactly 35 seconds and you can see me wearing a Light Blue Spandex Tank Short outfit looking like a Chocolate Smurf....That's why I loved seeing Emmanuel Savary. He reminds me of me, only he's a much better skater than I ever was. I hope he keeps on skating....

Chaka Kahn's Love Of A Lifetime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVT0vRu_Mo&list=PLlvMFsiUEoe1iuLZlxmGMzVsyEifEorFD&index=37

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Nathan and Vincent are the future. Invest in them now. They will need to establish credit for the upcoming season. They need to be at this World.

temadd

Final Flight
Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking, "Hey Nathan, you shouldn't be hugging Marina so lovingly in front of Raffy."

The woman in the K&C with Nathan was Nadia Kanaeva - one of the coaches on Raf's team.

da96103

Record Breaker
Terry asked them what they thought of Andrew's music and they both went :disagree:. Terry was a little taken aback and began jokingly/passive aggressively telling them WTH

Johnny did not like Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddie Mercury?

What a 'provincial' thing to say.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The woman in the K&C with Nathan was Nadia Kanaeva - one of the coaches on Raf's team.

Thank you. I will add a correction to my post above.

Apologies for giving the wrong impression.
I knew she was not Marina, and I should have said no more than that.

mintx

On the Ice
Men's world team Jason and Nathan! Nathan for podium and Jason in the top 10 ( top 5 would be better) . Go go USmen!

Eislauf

On the Ice
It's official: Nathan and Jason on World team.

https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/823333418129821697

Not sure how smart this is. Vincent beat JB and now has the legitimacy of a silver medal in US Nats to help him with his scoring in int'l. competitions. Vincent is a budding star. Jason, unless he somehow miraculously acquires multiple quads, of different types, seems to have plateaued a bit. And having been injured in 2015 and 2016 hasn't helped him, sadly.

I wonder if Kori regrets not having taught Jason advanced jumps sooner?

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Amazing tech. Empty program.

Sorry, disagree. Yes, Nathan's program is structured to highlight the jumps, but I wouldn't call it empty. His work on the second mark clearly showed and will only get better.

Last edited:

beki

Medalist
I wonder if Kori regrets not having taught Jason advanced jumps sooner?

Did she know how? She's still developing as an elite coach and Jason was her breakthrough student. Maybe the timing just wasn't right.

Matilda

Medalist
Johnny did not like Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddie Mercury?

What a 'provincial' thing to say.

No, Johnny didn't like the muzak version of it at the beginning of the program--he wanted Freddie Mercury all way through. Couldn't agree with him more! :)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Glad to hear that Jason has been named to the World team. I want 3 spots for the US men in the Olympic Games, and Jason has the international reputation and experience over Vincent Zhou to get those spots with Nathan Chen. I think a healthy Jason Brown by March has the ability to nab that third spot, and in turn, secure Zhou's place for the Olympics next year.

da96103

Record Breaker
Did she know how? She's still developing as an elite coach and Jason was her breakthrough student. Maybe the timing just wasn't right.

Kori probably followed the misguided mindset of Kathy Johnson instead of Brian Orser and now Jason has to pay for it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I don't think it was out of a lack of effort on either part. Jason has always been a beat or two behind as far as the big jumps, since he was a youngin. But he always worked to find other ways to compensate.