2019 US Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 US Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I prefer H/D. More fluidity, more power, more control in their skating. Their programmes this year aren’t their strongest, but I also detect a bit of “underdog turned overdog” backlash (not saying it’s the case here, just a general trend I’ve noticed).

It's a seesaw. I disliked both of C/B's programs last year, and liked H/D's free a lot better than either of their programs this year. Maybe I'm just salty that the Shibs aren't competing this year, and that C/B missed the GP, leaving H/D to capitalize on the power vaccum in dance the most.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I know Karina looked downcast at the score, but 2nd is not bad right now! Looking forward to their free :clap:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Parsons have power and speed and deep edges. I like this dance for them better than free dance. They interest me more this year.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Karina and Joe have awesome chemistry. Also, the choreo is pretty cool. ALSO, y'all need to check their insta accounts, they're both such incredible people :D

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So 6 really strong teams for the US.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well I'm here and caught the Paronss, but the available stream is SO bad I wouldn't attempt to do PBP. Hope you understand. Just sorry I missed Chock and Bates, but the Parsons did about what I expected them to do. Also sorry I missed Manta and Johnson, who are one of those lower tiered teams who are well worth watching. Be sure to catch their FD, which has one of the best Character Step Sequences in all of ID this year.

This last group should be very interesting. I'm curious: did C/B earn that score or was it pumped up even more than the usual (enormous) national inflation?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I'm here and caught the Paronss, but the available stream is SO bad I wouldn't attempt to do PBP. Hope you understand. Just sorry I missed Chock and Bates, but the Parsons did about what I expected them to do. Also sorry I missed Manta and Johnson, who are one of those lower tiered teams who are well worth watching. Be sure to catch their FD, which has one of the best Character Step Sequences in all of ID this year.

This last group should be very interesting. I'm curious: did C/B earn that score or was it pumped up even more than the usual (enormous) national inflation?

Chock and Bates were fantastic. Crisp, interesting and very secure on the twizzles.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I prefer H/D. More fluidity, more power, more control in their skating. Their programmes this year aren’t their strongest, but I also detect a bit of “underdog turned overdog” backlash (not saying it’s the case here, just a general trend I’ve noticed).

Hmm, well technically H/D are definitely the stronger team overall. But their programs this year are uhm uh, let's just say not the best. But you can never ever ever never ever ever NEVER underestimate reputation scoring, and right now H/D have a definite advantage in that respect. I don't expect them to lose to C/B here, unless there is some major mishap.

No to me the real battle is for that bronze position. That's what I'm looking forward to.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, lets see what H & D have been doing. I expect strong edges and intense expression. I want to see their pattern and am hoping for more memorable choreo.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I am sure there will be differing opinions on this, but I'm here for Jean Luc's new smoking jacket.

While I'm focused on costumes, Lorraine McNamara's dress is still one of my favorites.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ha ha! They just identified Marina Klimova as AP's mom.