2022 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival | Golden Skate

2022 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival will take place Mar 20-25, 2022, in Vuokatti, Finland. The multi-sport event will feature the Singles discipline (Women and Men) in the Junior figure skating category and will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2021, and the relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i totally forgot about this!

So did I. I didn't even know it had been rescheduled. :drama:

I should have been paying more attention, as two of my now-retired daughters (one of whom is even in my avatar!) are ambassadors for this EYOF! :slink:

The figure skating competitions are on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Even Finland has not announced the entries but there is already time schedule (local time, UTC+2). It is pretty clear that there will be Olivia Lisko in girls and Arttu Juusola in boys, but not official announcement about it yet. According to the schedule SPs will be 23th March and FSs 24th. It is weird it is at same time with the FS Worlds. The girls' hockey games are played in Kajaani, ca 25 kms from Vuokatti and FS is in Vuokatti, so the question is not about it either.

23th March
Short program boys

Short program girls

24th March
Free skating boys

Free skating girls

I wonder if Finnish FS association has forgotten this, because it is not even mentioned in their competition calendar, or I didn't find it, but it is mentioned in their "value competition selection statistics".

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
According to the schedule SPs will be 23th March and FSs 24th. It is weird it is at same time with the FS Worlds.

23th March
Short program boys

Short program girls

24th March
Free skating boys

Free skating girls

Thank you!!! :bow: :clap: :points:

The EOC's website for the 2022 EYOF is absolutely useless, and I didn't know there was a separate event website from the organisers. So, I got the dates from Wikipedia. And I can only apologise that it has turned out to be wrong.

While looking around the website, I found the link for the YouTube channel that the straming will be on:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF8khtLVETgajk4iSFUW4Ig

Thank you again for the correct dates, and for letting us know about the Finnish organisers' event website.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I found deadline, it has been 7th March, but I cannot find any information about athletes, not FS or anything else, not even Finland's team.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
I found deadline, it has been 7th March, but I cannot find any information about athletes, not FS or anything else, not even Finland's team.
This is one of those notorious competitions with the terrible update/info. This competition has always been like this

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Audience allowed to all events and everything is free. https://eyof2022.fi/

Place is very familiar to me, I have lived in Kajaani, 30 minutes trip by car, about for 25 years. If the worlds weren't at same time, I would consider to go to see the kids while I have my holidays also and see some friends with my husband at the same time. The Vuokatti slopes were our "home slopes". Only the arena is quite small and I think there is not of seats for audience.

Country
Norway
This is one of those notorious competitions with the terrible update/info. This competition has always been like this

Do you know anything about who is representing Iceland? Aldis Kara - or is she too old? Maybe Julia Rós?

Seems like we have to continue for a little while finding the entries ourselves :ROFLMAO:

Sweden is sending Josefin Brovall and Casper Johansson.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MEDIA RELEASE

EUROPEAN YOUTH OLYMPIC FESTIVAL

THE COURT OF ARBITRATION FOR SPORT (CAS) REGISTERS THE APPEAL FILED BY THE RUSSIAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (ROC) AGAINST THE DECISION TAKEN BY THE EUROPEAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEES (EOC) NOT TO ALLOW RUSSIAN ATHLETES AND OFFICIALS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2022 WINTER EUROPEAN YOUTH OLYMPIC FESTIVAL (EYOF)

Lausanne, 11 March 2022 - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has registered the appeal filed by the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) against the decision taken on 2 March 2022 by the Executive Committee of the European Olympic Committees (EOC) not to allow Russian and Belarus athletes and officials to participate in the 2022 Winter European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) to be held in Vuokatti, Finland, on 20-25 March 2022 (the Challenged Decision).

The ROC requests CAS to set aside the Challenged Decision and order that athletes and officials affiliated to the ROC be entitled to take part in all competitions organised by the EOC, including the 2022 Winter European Youth Olympic Festival and the 2022 Summer European Youth Olympic Festival, under the same conditions as athletes and officials affiliated to other national olympic committees.

The CAS Court Office has initiated an arbitration procedure. The parties are currently exchanging written submissions and the panel of arbitrators is being constituted. A request for provisional measures has not been filed. A procedural calendar will be established within the next days. Further information, once available, will be provided through another media release.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
A couple of words about Arttu Juusola from Finland. I found out he is 16 yo, born 2005 so 17 during this years but he came like from nowhere to national junior team for this season. Because I am a curious person I investigated a little who he is and found an article about him. He has lived in Malesia because of his father's job until he has been 9 yo and moved then back to Finland. He has started FS so late as a age of 10. In Malesia he has spend time by roller skating and swimming "because there was nothing else to do".