2022 Grand Prix Espoo: General Info | Pre-game Chat | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix Espoo: General Info | Pre-game Chat

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
First of all - BIG apologies for not posting as much photos et all from the competition as I'd like to. It was CRAZY time, totally unexpectedly for me.
Secondly - THANK YOU for the enthusiasm, praise, reactions. It makes a difference for me, it really does as I'm very self conscious person who doubts everything.
Thirdly - it was a privilege and amazing experience to meet and chat with fellow GSers: @TT_Fin , @Ruthypegs and @Lyyli . Your enthusiasm for crowns and the whole thing was an asset for me. It was really lovely to meet you.
And lastly - I had a blast. Felt alive for a while after feeling dread for quite some time now. Skating is a pesky, little thing that causes both heartbreak and elation at the same time for me. But most importantly, it often gives me motivation, confidence and assurance there is a place I feel good. Where I belong.
Opportunity to meet Piper, Paul and Coach Carol, making them and other skaters smile by those crowns means everything to me. It was a great reminder to really LIVE UP the moment you are in. To the fullest.
xx
View attachment 6064
It was really great to meet you, @NoNameFace ! And to watch the flower crowns being crafted. I'm so glad that you were able to present your crowns. Hope to see you at a future skating event.

karlowens2

On the Ice
Planning to go from Berlin to Espoo for Europeans. A couple questions:

1. Probably can't afford Ice Level tickets. Can you see much from Balcony 1? I'll take binoculars.

2. Is a hotel in Helsinki accessible to the Arena or should I be directly in Espoo? I'm used to figuring out transit systems.

Any advice welcome.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Planning to go from Berlin to Espoo for Europeans. A couple questions:

1. Probably can't afford Ice Level tickets. Can you see much from Balcony 1? I'll take binoculars.

2. Is a hotel in Helsinki accessible to the Arena or should I be directly in Espoo? I'm used to figuring out transit systems.

Any advice welcome.
To me, it seems a decent view from balcony 1 - (much better than the upper level seats at Milan, for example).

A hotel in Helsinki centre would definitely be accessible to the arena. There's an excellent tram and metro system. I stayed near the central station, and it was a 17 minute metro ride to Espoo, followed by a 7 minute walk from the metro station in Espoo to the rink. The city centre is compact and walkable, trams and metro trains are regular - everything is very straightforward.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Maybe we can continue discussion in Europeans info | Pre-game chat? I put my answer there.