3A+3T
ChSq1
FCSp2
3Lz+1Eu+3S<
3Lo
CCoSp4

Score: 141.97
Total score: 219.65

Lol, how very usual of Junior men to have not a single performance with all green boxes (some were close though!). 🤣 He won this by a huge margin, well done Shunsuke :clap:

Green Carrots

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Shame on the quad, it was so close! I really like Shun's air position (can I call him Shun or no? Just interesting). He seems to be a real 3Axel king (Team Hamada are really specialized on 3Axels, many their students have a good one). He also chose very powerful music for both of his programs and he's really good

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not quite as Shomalike today, but Shunsuke put up a good fight! Glad he got the gold, now time for me to get to bed...

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Just got back from family dinner so only managed to watch the final group. Really happy with the podium 🥰

Shunsuke, wow the 3 axels. Like Ted said, didn't see that 3A+3T coming at all!!

Yay Younghyun for finally getting a medal after 4 years!

Ryoga, great effort and nice costume. Love both the Japanese boys' shirts.

Speaking of costume, who else in the free program had nice costumes?

Black shirt with black pants bore me to death and it really affects my enjoyment of the program.. why can't these boys dress up more like the girls 🙄

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Shame on the quad, it was so close! I really like Shun's air position (can I call him Shun or no? Just interesting). He seems to be a real 3Axel king (Team Hamada are really specialized on 3Axels, many their students have a good one). He also chose very powerful music for both of his programs and he's really good
Since Shun Sato is often refererred to as Shun-kun, Japanese fans have nicknamed Shunsuke, ShunShun 😁

I know by forum rules we're not supposed to use nicknames but I often do since they're so prevalent among Japanese skaters

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't get up at 5:30 am my time for Jason, or for junior men.

But I just saw a short clip of the young man with the hair, and he skated at least part of his entire program to the elements, my favs from back in the day, Earth Wind & Fire?

I need to go watch. I am in love already. :love2:

Zora

On the Ice
I just saw both of Nakamura's programs and wow, I love both of them! That's some goold old classic skating, I love it. Reminds me of Yagudin a bit. He needs to work on his spins though. I know Mie Hamada has a bad reputation, but at least she really pays attention to good choreography.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Argh, Xie started well, then things run away on him. Hopefully he’ll also start doing more with his arms eventually. I think he’s the first one to actually have a 3A from what I was watching.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Nakamura has really easy 3As! That 3A-3T combo was really fast and awesome. But the technical level overall was way down from last year. Can’t say it brought upon improvements of spins or skating skills. It just felt weaker across the board so far. But, first event and high altitude, so let’s see what’s to come.