2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Rhythm Dance

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I genuinely don’t see how Maddi and Evan are 4 points ahead of Piper and Paul and Charlene and Marco when they are so slow and make a smaller pattern on the ice?? I get their levels were higher but surely there should be 2 point difference at the most? Will need to scrutinize the PDFs cause Maddi and Evan should be 3rd in PCS compared to the other two!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Quoted for Truth, he would totally win the Mullet Championships we have in Aussieland ;)

i could never stop loving you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you even have a mullet championship down under...

There was a story about it on the news last week, and I couldn't believe there was such a thing! 😲

Then I remembered - this is Australia we are talking about! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I genuinely don’t see how Maddi and Evan are 4 points ahead of Piper and Paul and Charlene and Marco when they are so slow and make a smaller pattern on the ice?? I get their levels were higher but surely there should be 2 point difference at the most? Will need to scrutinize the PDFs cause Maddi and Evan should be 3rd in PCS compared to the other two!
I will post a screen shot from Skating Scores as soon as I can so I can learn.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But, there is a wee girl who I have seen a few times this season that wears the same costume as Freddie for her Queen programme
Would that be Inga? Cause I love her version too. I mean Iida Karhunen on JGP FS 2023

Strange thing is that I am not really much of a Queen fan but I love so many versions of it this year for some reason - maybe cause I am getting old and who wants to live forever is resonating with me as I think about aging...

Last edited:

lady_bee

Medalist
I must confess that I fed up with MJ & Queen this season, though I love their music.
I wanted to hear other songs from 80's, like Culture Club, Cindy Lauper, and Police, etc.
Why nobody skates to original Roxane?

Sackie

Medalist
Seems like Ice Dance is moving backwards in regards to scoring. Back to the days when teams were slotted and placed that way no matter how they skated. The non fav teams have errors and get dinged harshly while the fav ones have errors (not here but at other events) and hardly lose any points. The new system was suppose to stop this from happening but the judges have found ways to work this system to get the results they want.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

23GPFRD.png

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Would that be Inga? Cause I love her version too.

Could well be.

I actually thought it was a much younger skater. But now that you mention Inga, I do think it is her I am thinking of.

I've watched so many B competitions this season that I don't know who is who any more! :drama:

Strange thing is that I am not really much of a Queen fan but I love so many versions of it this year for some reason - maybe cause I am getting old and who wants to live forever is resonating with me as I think about aging...

Come on now. Don't be getting into that way of thinking. It's just the 10 days at work followed by the all-nighter with us catching up with you.

I am a massive Queen fan, and I think the difference this year is that more skaters are using the real thing rather than bland covers. When it was mainly covers, I was getting fed up with Queen programmes too.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must admit that I thought the teams would be much closer. The difference in levels seems to be higher levels for Evan who has quietly upped his game all season long. I thought G/F would be closer since they skated so well. Any ice dance experts care to give us some pointers...

anyhow, we still have the FD to go and it is worth much more.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
So looking at the PDFs I need someone to re-explain skating skills to me because Maddie and Evan scored higher than both the Italians and Canadians…so I guess speed and coverage count sometimes and other times they don’t? Make it make it sense. I love Maddie and Evan and they do always increase flow and speed throughout the season but I genuinely didn’t see that today compared to the other two. I haven’t had an issue with a lot of the ice dance judging this season but today I am baffled…

readernick

Medalist
Unpopular opinion but actually I agree with Piper/ Paul being third. They were messy compared to the Italians and Chock/ Bates. Some mistakes while small were visible in real-time. I can't say I agree with Chock/ Bates having such a lead over the Italians though who I thought were incredible here. Particularly from a SS perspective, they clearly have the best flow and glide far better than C/ B or Piper/ Paul.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Bloody work! Couldn't see my P&P in real time 😡
But I caught up with the first four. Say what you will, I just love Piper and Paul - they vow me the most. They still in for silver. I know they can do it. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I didn't think Fear/Gibson were quite as sharp as they can be, but they still got something.

Most importantly, though, Paul just looked divine! :love: