2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 6 - Moscow

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Russian Grand Prix - Stage 6 - "Golden Skate of Moscow"

Date:
21-27 November 2023
Venue: Mechta Sports Palace (juniors), Megasport Sports Palace (seniors), Moscow, Russia
Categories: Junior, Senior
Disciplines: Single and Pair Skating, Ice Dance

Current local time in Moscow, Russia (UTC+3)
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/russia/moscow

This season there's no official Youtube stream. Replays are uploaded on this channel after a competition is over. There are two ways to watch the official broadcast:
1) Channel One website. The website is blocked in some countries by local providers. You can use Dutch VPN if you are from Europe, or Canadian VPN if you are from the USA to avoid the block.
2) VLC media player. Open this link: https://1tv-live-gcore.servicecdn.ru/dash-live3/streams/sport-1/sport-1.mpd via the player. This option is preferable because the broadcast quality will be better.

Schedule - Juniors:
Wednesday, 22 November

17.30-19.40 - Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance
20.00-21.45 - Pairs - Short Program

Thursday, 23 November
13.15-15.30 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
15.45-17.35 - Pairs - Free Skate
17.50-20.10 - Women - Short Program
20.25-22.50 - Men - Short Program

Friday, 24 November
12.45-15.20 - Women - Free Skate
15.40-18.20 - Men - Free Skate

Schedule - Seniors:
Saturday, 25 November

13.00-14.25 - Men - Short Program
14.45-16.10 - Women - Short Program
16.30-16.45 - Opening Ceremony
17.00-18.00 - Pairs - Short Program
19.15-19.25 - Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance

Sunday, 26 November
13.00-14.45 - Men - Free Skate
15.00-16.45 - Women - Free Skate
17.00-18.15 - Pairs - Free Skate
18.30-20.00 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
20.15-20.45 - Awards Ceremony

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Entries

Junior Ice DanceJunior PairsJunior WomenJunior MenSenior Men
Senior Women
Senior PairsSenior Ice Dance
Elizaveta Maleina/Matvei SamokhinAnastasia Egorova/Rodion MarinskiySofia GlagolevskaiaLev LazarevDmitri AlievKamila ValievaDaria Boyarintseva/Roman PleshkovAleksandra Prokopets/Aleksandr Vaskovich
Evelina Valieva/Ignat PakhomovViktoria Eltsova/Stepan MarishinMaria GordeevaArseniy FedotovMatvei VetluginSofia MuravievaAleksandra Boikova/Dmitri KozlovskiDaria Savkina/Aleksandr Vakhnov
Arina Gorshenina/Ilya MakarovMaria Karpanova/Arseniy SamokhvalovSofia DzepkaIvan RamzenkovMark KondratiukVeronika YametovaAlena Kostornaia/Georgy KunitsaAleksandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin
Milana Zhabina/Dmitri PekinVlada Selivanova/Viktor PotapovMaria ElisovaKirill ArbuzovDaniil SamsonovKamilla NelyubovaNatalia Khabibullina/Ilya KnyazhukElizaveta Shanaeva/Pavel Drozd
Uliana Zakharova/Mikhail PechenkinYulia Filimonova/Ilya PylnevSofia ErmolovaTimofei DenisovIlya YablokovKsenia GushchinaYulia Artemieva/Aleksei BryukhanovOlga Fedorova/Pavel Drako
Valeria Kamaeva/Leg SergeevValeria Khalitova/Petr SharovikovEva ZubkovaDmitri ZheleznyakArtur DanielianKsenia SinitsynaAnastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri EvgenievVarvara Zhdanova/Timur Babaev-Smirnov
Eva Plesovskikh/Mark ZheltyshevSofia Khisamutdinova/Lev TsekhanovichVarvara KravchinaEduard KamoevAndrei AnisimovEkaterina AnisimovaViktoria Vasilieva/Roman ZaporozhetsSofia Kachushkina/Mark Volkov
Anna Rumak/Gleb GoncharovAnastasia Chernyshova/Vladislav VilchikAnna LyashenkoAleksandr KarpenkoVladislav DikidzhiAngelina PalaginaEkaterina Chikmareva/Matvei YanchenkovElizaveta Kirillova/Ilya Karpov
Ekaterina Rybakova/Ivan MakhnonosovAlisa Shatokhina/Denis KirsanovValeria MelnikovaMikhail KlepatskiyAleksandr MelnikovViktoria NesterovaPolina Usova/Mikhail Antonov
Arina Serova/Andrei GankevichMaiia Shegai/Igor ShamshurovAgata PetrovaAndrei KotsinMikhail PolyanskiyMaria ParamonovaSofia Tyutyunina/Matvei Grachev
Yulia Churkina/Boris FrolovAlena PrinevaGerman LenkovIvan PopovDaria Tretiakova
Aleksandra Shabalina/Ivan GalaevSofia RudNikolai LoginovSemion SoloviovSofia Chaplygina
Aleksandra Shinkarenko/Vladislav MikhailovKristina StatinovaNikita Malyutin
Dina KhusnutdinovaEgor Rasskazov
Polina ChurikovaDmitri Rodionov
Ekaterina ChichilimovaKonstantin Safonov
Maria ShatalovaAleksandr Chmil
Anastasia ShiginaAndrei Shilin

Last edited:

Skating91

Medalist
I'm going to have to watch Saturday's programs on replay unfortunately. This is just set up for drama with the women after Sinitsyna and Gushchina's performances, Muravieva doesn't look like making an error, Zhilina only needs to land a triple axel and one quad to have a chance for gold. It's going to be tough for Valieva if she has multiple falls across both programs. The pressure will really ramp up on her against this line up. I really question her conditioning. I don't question her strength I think she's in the gym everyday building muscle, but no cardio. Zilch. Wrong advice. I'm not sure they know how to condition athletes who are not 35kg approaching adulthood.

alix15

On the Ice
Country
France
I’m wondering why is Zhilina here ? It’s too late for her to go to Nats, isn’t it?

Remilia

On the Ice
I’m wondering why is Zhilina here ? It’s too late for her to go to Nats, isn’t it?
I'm pretty sure she only needs top 5 here for senior nats? I could be wrong, though. She might also just want to get some comps in before nats. And I am happy about that, cause her programs are too good to only be performed twice this season
But also, if she wins here, she might be able to qualify for the final if there are enough withdrawals

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I added her because RIA announced that she is preparing for this stage. But it isn't 100%. Will be known tomorrow when the entries are available.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Zhilina needs to be Top 2 to be through to Nats. Top 3 might work out as well, depending on how the others do.

katymay

Medalist
I'm pretty sure she only needs top 5 here for senior nats? I could be wrong, though. She might also just want to get some comps in before nats. And I am happy about that, cause her programs are too good to only be performed twice this season
But also, if she wins here, she might be able to qualify for the final if there are enough withdrawals
An instagram post from team Plushy did not sound encouraging-something about her injuries being complicated but she is starting to return to training. I suspect she is out for the year, but we will see.

Skating91

Medalist
This could have been Zhilina's season similar to Akatieva last season if she was able to bring her form from the junior final last season to this season along with some natural improvement in artistry. Next season might be too late for her, she might lose one or two jumps with some extra height and size.

It kind of seems like Plushenko is up to some kind of shenanigans putting Zhilina's name on the list for this event.

Azikin

Medalist
I'm going to have to watch Saturday's programs on replay unfortunately. This is just set up for drama with the women after Sinitsyna and Gushchina's performances, Muravieva doesn't look like making an error, Zhilina only needs to land a triple axel and one quad to have a chance for gold. It's going to be tough for Valieva if she has multiple falls across both programs. The pressure will really ramp up on her against this line up. I really question her conditioning. I don't question her strength I think she's in the gym everyday building muscle, but no cardio. Zilch. Wrong advice. I'm not sure they know how to condition athletes who are not 35kg approaching adulthood.
Kamila had 81 points in SP last time and she obviously got hurt in the warm up before FS, she'll be fine. As for Zhilina, I can't believe, even if she somehow manages to start here, that anyone seriously considers she could win in this packed senior field..

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Kamila had 81 points in SP last time and she obviously got hurt in the warm up before FS, she'll be fine. As for Zhilina, I can't believe, even if she somehow manages to start here, that anyone seriously considers she could win in this packed senior field..
Agree. If Zhilina is here, I expect top 4 or 5 at best for her.

Skating91

Medalist
I agree with you about getting shook up in the warm up and that had to have harmed the performance. But her free skate at the GP final was a little off as she seemed stopped practicing it apart from jumps and spins (it was terrible compared to the GP stages but still a high level), and then the test skates the free skate was off, and then in Kazan it was off. I don't think she can learn the program in two weeks especially when she's at photoshoots, birthday parties, flying to an event today. Maybe she realised the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. I wouldn't blame her. It's simply cruel, inhumane (for an adult let alone a child) at this point.

I think Zhilina injury free assuming all her quads could take it to Petrosian and beat her. But that won't happen now, and who knows what next year brings for Zhilina (and Petrosian as well I suppose).

Against this field though, I think Zhilina with one clean quad and one clean triple axel would easily win. 6 months ago she could do that in her sleep. I think she is withdrawn anyway.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Next season might be too late for her, she might lose one or two jumps with some extra height and size.
If theres anyone who is going to be unphased by growth its Zhilina. Akateva or whoever else might lose it with a growth spurt but Zhilina's athleticism is not a result of those kinds of particularities particularities but unparalleled (except by Trusova) athletic gift. She isnt losing that muscular excellence from a couple inches or kilos.

Remilia

On the Ice
An instagram post from team Plushy did not sound encouraging-something about her injuries being complicated but she is starting to return to training. I suspect she is out for the year, but we will see.
Eh, she's already back on the ice and jumping triples, so I don't think she's out for the year. I wouldn't be surprised to not see her here, though. No need to rush her recovery on the chance that she'll win here and make it into the final (and the rusfed would probably just let her in senior nats anyway). But I do think we'll see her at junior nats and maybe some local comps.