2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 3 - Krasnoyarsk | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 3 - Krasnoyarsk

Skating91

Medalist
Kami and Adeliia can be a bit nervy at times, and it would be their World Champion debut, and particularly for Adeliia a very new experience (she's never even been to Jr Worlds).
Her only disaster skate in her career was days after one of if not the biggest controversies in Olympic history, and had to deal with it as a 15 year old in isolation. Basically after the worst moment of her life outside of illness or death. Still, she got it together for the short program the only error was a step out in the triple axel.

Last season she was gold or silver at every event in the toughest competition in the world. I don't know how she found a way to deal with her career being in a state of limbo, nasty comments she reads, no skater is under more scrutiny in Russia, every action analysed, crowds cheer wildly for her at every event which creates another kind of pressure (Amber Glenn fell apart when the crowd went crazy for her after landing the 3A last week it's difficult to deal with).

She could almost leave out the quads and not attempt the triple axel (I hope she doesn't bother with it this season) and she would be a strong chance to win Worlds at the very least get second.

I wouldn't have total confidence in Adelia, but her ceiling is higher with the 3A and can jump three quads in a program.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Her only disaster skate in her career was days after one of if not the biggest controversies in Olympic history, and had to deal with it as a 15 year old in isolation. Basically after the worst moment of her life outside of illness or death. Still, she got it together for the short program the only error was a step out in the triple axel.

Last season she was gold or silver at every event in the toughest competition in the world. I don't know how she found a way to deal with her career being in a state of limbo, nasty comments she reads, no skater is under more scrutiny in Russia, every action analysed, crowds cheer wildly for her at every event which creates another kind of pressure (Amber Glenn fell apart when the crowd went crazy for her after landing the 3A last week it's difficult to deal with).

She could almost leave out the quads and not attempt the triple axel (I hope she doesn't bother with it this season) and she would be a strong chance to win Worlds at the very least get second.

I wouldn't have total confidence in Adelia, but her ceiling is higher with the 3A and can jump three quads in a program.
Kami made multiple uncharacteristic errors last season. I don't think they'd cause her to drop considerably, but I also don't know how she'll handle the media frenzy that will undoubtedly break out (again), once she's competing internationally once more.

It's also very different to skate in front of a mostly sympathetic home crowd than be faced with a skeptical environment of skaters you don't know well, and foreign viewers who might not be as friendly as they were before the whole scandal. She is more mature and experienced now, but no matter how mentally healthy and stable she looks now, it would unusual at all for people to break down once placed in a similar environment to the one you were in when you went through one of the biggest (if not the biggest) trauma of your life. Kami has always responded well to positive pressure, she soaks up every cheer and encouragement, but negative pressure is not something she has had to deal with often, and I'm not sure how she will handle it in the future. I hope she does well, but I am not sure.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Kami made multiple uncharacteristic errors last season. I don't think they'd cause her to drop considerably, but I also don't know how she'll handle the media frenzy that will undoubtedly break out (again), once she's competing internationally once more.

It's also very different to skate in front of a mostly sympathetic home crowd than be faced with a skeptical environment of skaters you don't know well, and foreign viewers who might not be as friendly as they were before the whole scandal. She is more mature and experienced now, but no matter how mentally healthy and stable she looks now, it would unusual at all for people to break down once placed in a similar environment to the one you were in when you went through one of the biggest (if not the biggest) trauma of your life. Kami has always responded well to positive pressure, she soaks up every cheer and encouragement, but negative pressure is not something she has had to deal with often, and I'm not sure how she will handle it in the future. I hope she does well, but I am not sure.
Nah, the media frenzy will never be as big as it was, and neither will the unwavering hate and pressure. Shes gone through mental purgatory, she wont crack. A few mistakes last season dont mean much to me, she gained a bunch of size suddenly and still probably didnt know whats going on with her career. Now shes fully into her body and seems mentally beyond psychological melt down over a simple international comeback.

Skating91

Medalist
She fell on her quad in the Kazan stage but it was fully rotated, then nailed the next 12 quads starting with the jump tournament.

She popped a triple toe on a combo was a double in nationals, then fell on a lutz in the GP final but recovered to add a lutz combo.

Fell on triple axel attempts in both short programs at nationals and the GP final, but she had never had stability with that it was high risk to attempt it.

katymay

Medalist
I know it is all about the quads, and 3A's, but the top five here were such a joy to watch, just wonderful programs, perfectly executed. And, to be honest, the fact they weren't Eteri skaters meant more innovation to the programs, more interesting choreography. Less gratuitous leg kicks. lol.

niks

On the Ice
Catching up with the men's FS. The Belorussian skater unfortunatly had the same problems in both the SP and the FS, fall from a quad and then popped Axel. I felt kind of bad for him because I think he may not have that many occasions to perform in public, so he would probably wish things would have gone differently, and you could see him fighting despite the pain. But it was nice to see the public was very supportive and that he got a proper score even if he was skating out of competition.

He looked quite hurt and in pain after the falls; it looked that he reinjured his left shoulder which he had already hurt in the SP, plus the left side of his torso. Do we know if he is ok? Hopefully no serious injuries for him 🤞

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am just catching up on Krasnoyarsk, and seeing happy Kolesnikov after his free was so đź‘Ś happy he is back and changed coaching team.