2023-24 US Ice Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023-24 US Ice Dance

Weathergal

Medalist
^^^ It was mentioned on the TV broadcast that Emilea is dealing with benign tumors that she had surgery for but have grown back. She is on medication for them. Vadym I am unsure of but the ongoing war in the Ukraine surely has affected him.
Thank you for the info. I'm really sorry to hear about Emilea's health issues and hope she can get healthy. And my heart goes out to Vadym.
I have enormous respect for them to keep on going under these circumstances!
Agreed!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ It was mentioned on the TV broadcast that Emilea is dealing with benign tumors that she had surgery for but have grown back. She is on medication for them. Vadym I am unsure of but the ongoing war in the Ukraine surely has affected him.
That's terrible. I took had surgery for benign tumors. I hope she gets well soon.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Neset/Markelov won Junior Worlds. The Peals placed 5th, and Pedersen/Chen placed 9th.

Pedersen/Chen have said in an article that they plan on going senior together next year. Neset/Markelov still have one more year of junior eligibility, but I would expect them to go senior since they won Junior Worlds and finished an undefeated junior season. The Peals still have one more year of junior eligibility and I would expect them to stay junior.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Neset/Markelov won Junior Worlds. The Peals placed 5th, and Pedersen/Chen placed 9th.

Pedersen/Chen have said in an article that they plan on going senior together next year. Neset/Markelov still have one more year of junior eligibility, but I would expect them to go senior since they won Junior Worlds and finished an undefeated junior season. The Peals still have one more year of junior eligibility and I would expect them to stay junior.
Let's hope N/M move up in the past few years US teams such as McNamara/Carenter stayed in Juniors another season even after winning everything like N/M and it did them no good when they should have moved up and pushed themselves.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I love the Peals!

Rackon

Spectator
Regarding Emilia and Vadym, one of the commentators at Nationals mentioned Emilea had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst, another mentioned recurring tumors. I hope this doesn’t indicate she is dealing with PCOS🙁 I imagine it’s a great comfort for Vadym to have his mom in Michigan with him.

I can’t imagine Neset/Markelov won’t move into seniors.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Thank you Madison Chock and Evan Bates for your wonderful undefeated and history season 🌹🥳😊. It is totally appreciated.

I don't know if u plan on returning or retirement,but u have provided many memorable moments. Thank you.

I look forward to the many younger dance teams and potential.
I hope they return and stay together. I look forward to the next year.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Chock/Bates won Worlds, Carreira/Ponomarenko finished 7th, and Bratti/Somerville finished 23rd, failing to qualify for the free dance after a fluke fall in the rhythm dance.

Looking into next season, Chock/Bates, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Green/Parsons, Pate/Bye, Zingas/Kolesnik, Brown/Brown, Bratti/Somerville, and Neset/Markelov are all more or less guaranteed to have two spots on the Grand Prix circuit. USFS likes to keep one host spot set aside, which will likely be between Wolfkostin/Tsarevski and Flores/Desyatov.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Chock/Bates won Worlds, Carreira/Ponomarenko finished 7th, and Bratti/Somerville finished 23rd, failing to qualify for the free dance after a fluke fall in the rhythm dance.

Looking into next season, Chock/Bates, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Green/Parsons, Pate/Bye, Zingas/Kolesnik, Brown/Brown, Bratti/Somerville, and Neset/Markelov are all more or less guaranteed to have two spots on the Grand Prix circuit. USFS likes to keep one host spot set aside, which will likely be between Wolfkostin/Tsarevski and Flores/Desyatov.
F/D are likely to be high on the replacement list if they don't get an assignment right out of the gate as they are ranked 25th in the season's best score list (just 0.05 behind Smart/Dieck).

If they didn't represent the US, they'd have really high chances of a GP assignment, but with the amount of US dancers being guaranteed spots, their chances go down a lot.