2023 European Championships Free Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Free Dance

ana

On the Ice
My dream team podium: Charlene/Marco and Juulia/Mathias. Congratulations! So happy for them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Twizzles are fun. Step sequences not so much. I love lifty-spiny-twirly things
this is ice skating you know :) it comes from how you use your edges on the ice... lifty-spinny-twirly things happen in many other sports.

I am not one who doesn't like quads or jumps or whatever... but I believe that in ice dance, the skating skills should be the number one definer not the acrobtics... but it's okay, i am not trying to convince anyone ;)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
they did it for me, so i can watch the event after this is over. so nice of them
I’m delighted that I was able to see Charlene and Marco finally win the title that they have deserved for so long. Congratulations my lovelies!!

And now back to USFS. The Browns are about to take the ice. Watch those twizzles today, my man!

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
That was great, Ice Dance isn't my favorite discipline but so great skates here, the Lithuanians were Electric, the Fins beautiful and the British fun, the Italians are not really my cup of tea but guess they are technically better.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Woohoo, so pleased Juulia and Mathias got the Bronze! And skated cleanly! Interesting to see Charlene and Marco’s FD score being so close to Lilah and Lewis. If the Brits had skated sharper they would have been close to stealing the crown. Happy for the Italians though and placements were correct!

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
they have lost me already ;) since i am less interested in their programs nowadays, i m more and more looking at their feet... and they have some weaknesses that IAM knows very well to camo !
their gala routine at Sheffield showed a different side to their skating - I hope that they try some new styles in future seasons.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
A great suggestion and they are both top level teams. The LaLa team from Canada made the move to a lyrical program and it showed their growth. Even the G/F have a more edgy free program this year.
Lala's free dance this year made me see them with new eyes, and I appreciate them a lot more now.