2023 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a way to start the final group - Rachmaninov #2!

Thank you, Katinka!

Into 2nd in the FS and 2nd overall. But, at less than 2 points behind in the overall standings, she is the only skater so far to get close to Nikola FOMCENKOVA (LAT).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I really don't know what to feel about the music that Amalia ZELENJAK (EST) is skating to.

I love rock music. :rock: But, I hate opera (well, female opera singers, anyway. I do like male opera singers). So, this song from Tarja Turunen really has me torn.

Taking a VERY long time for her scores to come through. I take it this is not a good sign.

I think that throwing her arms up in the air just as the announcer started speaking said everything.

Not as bad as she may have thought. She goes into 2nd in the FS and overall, but is less than half a point behind Nikola FOMCENKOVA (LAT) in the overall standings.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a nice skate from Noelle:cheer::cheer2:

My stream started playing up, so I missed the second half of it! :mad:

It's taken a while, but we finally have a new leader in both the FS and overall. And by big margins.

Noelle STREULI (POL) leads the FS by 9.69 points. And overall by 18.78 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Olesya may have grown since the Junior GP's, but she is still as cute as a button! :love:

(Never did understand that expression).

And what a skater!

She goes into 3rd in the FS and 2nd overall. And she doesn't look very happy about it.

This is a determined wee girl!

CaroLiza_fan

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Poor Anna looked so sad, even though that was one of her best free skates of the season. Lorenzo's skaters seem to have very high expectations of themselves. :( It was very good technically, her jumps are so big and easy!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaah!!! My stream momentarily started buffering during the programme from Iida KARHUNEN (FIN).

It's a pity, because I was absolutely loving it.

I know I'm biased because "Bohemian Rhapsody" is my favourite song of all time. But, there have been so many programmes done to it that I don't like. But, that is because most of them use half-baked covers. Iida didn't. She used the original. :rock:

And she is dressed up in the famous yellow coat and white trousers. Freddie Mercury never looked so cute! :love:

She wins!!! And deservedly so!

She wins the FS by 2.74 points, and overall by 3.83 points. Anna PEZZETTA (ITA) is 2nd, and Noelle STREULI (POL) is 3rd.

Incidentally, the podium finishers are also the only skaters that broke the 100 point barrier in the FS.

:cheer: WELL DONE IIDA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremony starting now.

Except, there is no actual podium. They're just going to be standing behind a giant Toblerone tube.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaah!!! It started buffering just as they were about to start handing out the medals!

And now it's died completely.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate, Hate, HATE this streaming site!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, I got it back in for the photos. But, I wanted to see the presentations and hear the Finnish anthem (which I love) and all.

Especially since I didn't see the boys podium yesterday, as I had left for food by then.

Those teddy bears they were given are so cute! 🧸

CaroLiza_fan

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Is there any possibility to watch replays of this event? I could not watch it live due to constant electricity cuts in Ukraine. Who knows? Any information about available links is precious for me.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Is there any possibility to watch replays of this event? I could not watch it live due to constant electricity cuts in Ukraine. Who knows? Any information about available links is precious for me.
on this page you will find the red tile for replays "coming soon" as it says. Hoping for the best. You can try the other ones to get an idea how they could put them up.

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Here are some crumbs of videos I have managed to find on Youtube. The official EOC channel does not seem to hurry to upload any videos.
Boys SP
4. Hugo Will Herrmann (Germany)
8. Matias Lindfors (Finland)
10. Naoki Rossi (Switzerland)
Girls SP
20. Camilla Poulsen (Denmark)
Girls FS
17. Camilla Poulsen (Denmark)
28. Olesya Ray (Germany)
29. Anna Pezzetta (Italy)
30. Iida Karhunen (Finland)

Last edited: