2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Free Dance

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
G/P...I was enchanted by their FD but need to ask a dumb question: who wears hot pink when skating to "Rhapsody in Blue?" :scratch2:

To be clear, I loved Caroline's dress and she looked beautiful in it; just couldn't get over the color for this music.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
G/P...I was enchanted by their FD but need to ask a dumb question: who wears hot pink when skating to "Rhapsody in Blue?" :scratch2:

To be clear, I loved Caroline's dress and she looked beautiful in it; just couldn't get over the color for this music.
Ilia Kulik won Olympic Gold skating to RIB in yellow & black zebra print

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The crowd LOVED their free
It's different.

We complain about cookie-cutter programs that exhibit no innovation, and when we get something original... we tend to gripe about them.

My takeaway from it was POWER. They looked strong. I bet it was more complicated than I think... meaning deceptively difficult. It didn't "look" hard, and that's a good thing.

I'm not sure I would have appreciated it as much with a lesser team.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I consider roughly 5'5" as the limit for a man for the small but mighty club. (In real life, not what the ISU bio says. ;) ) Do Jimmy and/or Javi qualify?
Jimmy and Bradie played password on the Jumbotron. Either Bradie was standing on a step stool or she’s several inches taller than he is.

I’ve met Jimmy and though his Wiki says he’s 5’5” he seems more my height (5’4”).

Javi is….much taller than I thought, so scratch that.

Keegan though…how can he not be in there?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jimmy and Bradie played password on the Jumbotron. Either Bradie was standing on a step stool or she’s several inches taller than he is.

I’ve met Jimmy and though his Wiki says he’s 5’5” he seems more my height (5’4”).

Javi is….much taller than I thought, so scratch that.

Keegan though…how can he not be in there?
Cause the club started in a euro dance thread...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
CB skated the best they ever have. Everything was perfect if not close tAao perfect. This is their best chance to win worlds,
Amazing skate but really - American home cooking. THe score was gratutiouts and unnecessary especially in light their biggest threat is injured and the Italians are too boring to be a real threat and Gibson and FEar too far down and the Danadians are likely to make a mistake. The scoring here is ridiculous. Chock and Bate are not PC, are not Davis and White and not V and M or even Klimova and Ponomarenko or Usova and Zhulin or Krylova and Oksiankov or ... Scoring over 135 is just uncalled for, unwarranted and undeserved.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Went back to watch Chock/Bates. I can completely ignore the music because of the movement in that program. The choreography is brilliant at highlighting some of the things they do best. There is just moment after moment and everything flows so seamlessly. Montreal really does a great job of improving these programs over the course of the season.

sworddance21

On the Ice
same feelings here. i love them (well her) but i'm not in love with this program. compared to their previous programs it feels meh
I want to like this team, but for some reason I have never really connected with Chock and Bates. I see that they are stunning skaters, but something about them just never quite reaches me.