2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Rhythm Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just checked results...and safe to say, I want videos lol.
Especially of Emilea and Vadym. I still remember how impressed I was seeing him at 2020 WJC with Avonley and I haven't checked out Golden Spin performances yet (I know, I'm late).
Plus excited to see other 'lower ranked' teams after RD.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just checked results...and safe to say, I want videos lol.
Especially of Emilea and Vadym. I still remember how impressed I was seeing him at 2020 WJC with Avonley and I haven't checked out Golden Spin performances yet (I know, I'm late).
Plus excited to see other 'lower ranked' teams after RD.

theblade

On the Ice
We were in the rink last night. Zingas and Kolesnik were excellent. Great back movement, fast, expressive, powerful presence. Thought their placement was well-earned. Pate and Bye we would have ranked 5th or 4th. Also fast, powerful, really great tricks with ice dancing skills. Loved Carreira and Ponomarenko's number. Thought Green and Parsons had a strong skate.

There are many Brown fans on here and the team has great presence. But other teams have dedicated themselves to ice dance for years and have technique and dance posture that is very hard to achieve. To just expect the Browns to waltz in (pun!) and be at the top of the heap negates the work others have done. So that is partly what reflects their ranking. This is still ice dancing, not theatre on ice or show skating. (And I do appreciate what this team brings to competitions, don't get me wrong.)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Great Job Madison Chock and Evan Bates. It look like you improved .

Wish you the best tomorrow
I thought they were wonderful and more confident and polished. BUT this is clearly USFA politicking to get them world gold and build their confidence. The plus 90 is ridiculous. I get it they were the overwhelming favourites this year in the world and then their fall from grace so to speak. They have worked hard; a bit of luck the Danadians lost the momentum, the Italians are always good but not great and the main challenge Piper and Paul who kind of surprised us all seem to have the Canadian curse (medal contenders) and an ap pendectomy. This is a serious hampering injury and I am surprised not more are talking about Piper. Flexiblity, bending, stretching is k ind of im portant in skating. National inflation is alive and well in dance especially with cb. I wonder if they will break 135 in the FD?

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
While I agree that C/B's score was super inflated and so on (don't get me started on technique and edge quality). There were others that are in the dance mix that shouldn't be as low as they were and are out of order IMHEO(in my humble educated opinion).
Now as for those who IDK why we are talking about b/c they aren't skating at US Nationals, but the DenCanadians are doing just fine this season and I'm looking forward to even more upward movement from them, as far as P2: One needs to understand that Piper has a very strong and conditioned athletes body and so her appendectomy did require emergency surgery (most times it does), and she would have had minimal recovery time and that's where it ends as far as it affecting her. For example, as an elite skater, I too had to have an emergency appendectomy, had minimal recovery and was back JUMPING two weeks later, and competing in dance a few days before that.
To conclude: National inflation of scores is ALWAYS a thing and has always been alive. Heck, even internationally it's alive.
I'll get off my soapbox now, thanks for listening/reading LOL!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We were in the rink last night. Zingas and Kolesnik were excellent. Great back movement, fast, expressive, powerful presence. Thought their placement was well-earned. Pate and Bye we would have ranked 5th or 4th. Also fast, powerful, really great tricks with ice dancing skills. Loved Carreira and Ponomarenko's number. Thought Green and Parsons had a strong skate.

There are many Brown fans on here and the team has great presence. But other teams have dedicated themselves to ice dance for years and have technique and dance posture that is very hard to achieve. To just expect the Browns to waltz in (pun!) and be at the top of the heap negates the work others have done. So that is partly what reflects their ranking. This is still ice dancing, not theatre on ice or show skating. (And I do appreciate what this team brings to competitions, don't get me wrong.)

Thank you so much for your input, I love reports from the rink.🙏

I would just like to say a word as fan of Oona and Gage. I do not expect them to "waltz in" anywhere, I know they have work to do on speed on the ice and the little details that make up ice dancing. I do think they were underscored for what they do bring to the ice.

I do not expect theatre on ice or show skating (as a fan of another Brown, I have had to parry that unwarranted criticism quite a bit ;) ). I just like to see the other skills rewarded as well.

If you go back today or in the coming days, I hope you enjoy the comp. :hap10:

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I apologize if this has been asked before, but who is doing the ice dance commentary on Peacock? I don't really recognize her voice. Thanks in advance!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I agree that C/B's score was super inflated and so on (don't get me started on technique and edge quality). There were others that are in the dance mix that shouldn't be as low as they were and are out of order IMHEO(in my humble educated opinion).
Now as for those who IDK why we are talking about b/c they aren't skating at US Nationals, but the DenCanadians are doing just fine this season and I'm looking forward to even more upward movement from them, as far as P2: One needs to understand that Piper has a very strong and conditioned athletes body and so her appendectomy did require emergency surgery (most times it does), and she would have had minimal recovery time and that's where it ends as far as it affecting her. For example, as an elite skater, I too had to have an emergency appendectomy, had minimal recovery and was back JUMPING two weeks later, and competing in dance a few days before that.
To conclude: National inflation of scores is ALWAYS a thing and has always been alive. Heck, even internationally it's alive.
I'll get off my soapbox now, thanks for listening/reading LOL!
@Ic3Rabbit what did you think of Zingas/Kolesnick?

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@Ic3Rabbit what did you think of Zingas/Kolesnick?
I think they're fabulous. Excellent technique, posture, speed, edge quality etc. I actually think they should have been higher than Green/Parsons, I know I'm going to get crap for this but it's my educated opinion, and while I'm digging myself in here: Bratti/Somerville and Pate/Bye should have been higher than McNamara/Spiridonov.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I apologize if this has been asked before, but who is doing the ice dance commentary on Peacock? I don't really recognize her voice. Thanks in advance!
It was the accidental international feed with Ashley Wagner, it didn't last past the first group before they corrected it to no commentary.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they're fabulous. Excellent technique, posture, speed, edge quality etc. I actually think they should have been higher than Green/Parsons, I know I'm going to get crap for this but it's my educated opinion, and while I'm digging myself in here: Bratti/Somerville and Pate/Bye should have been higher than McNamara/Spiridonov.
My uneducated opinion thinks they are fabulous as well!😀

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am not as offended by C&B's score as some of you are. A tech panel with Judy Blumberg and Linda Leaver on it gave them a level4 for the pattern step. There have been almost no level fours given for the pattern step in any competition this year. And Judy Blumberg is known to be very, very picky.

Their score at GPF was 85.49, but every skill was a bit better here, and the pattern step and choreo rhythm sequence were a lot better. I could see 89 to 90, and that puts 91 in line with normal Nationals inflation.

I liked Emilia & Vadym very much, though.

And I loved the control and deliberate slow changes in Green and Parsons' lift. Wow! Parsons could not have done that lift last year.

A really great event.

theblade

On the Ice
Thank you so much for your input, I love reports from the rink.🙏

I would just like to say a word as fan of Oona and Gage. I do not expect them to "waltz in" anywhere, I know they have work to do on speed on the ice and the little details that make up ice dancing. I do think they were underscored for what they do bring to the ice.

I do not expect theatre on ice or show skating (as a fan of another Brown, I have had to parry that unwarranted criticism quite a bit ;) ). I just like to see the other skills rewarded as well.

If you go back today or in the coming days, I hope you enjoy the comp. :hap10:
Yes, we will be here but sneaking in events between other business.

theblade

On the Ice
I encourage everyone to examine Pate/Bye's work more closely. They make an effort to put details into their program at every opportunity. The results they've had this year at international competitions reflect the judging panels doing just that. They see just how well-crafted their programs are. I really appreciate their approach because they try to be the best competitive version of themselves no matter what the theme of the number is.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am not as offended by C&B's score as some of you are. A tech panel with Judy Blumberg and Linda Leaver on it gave them a level4 for the pattern step. There have been almost no level fours given for the pattern step in any competition this year. And Judy Blumberg is known to be very, very picky.

Their score at GPF was 85.49, but every skill was a bit better here, and the pattern step and choreo rhythm sequence were a lot better. I could see 89 to 90, and that puts 91 in line with normal Nationals inflation.

I liked Emilia & Vadym very much, though.

And I loved the control and deliberate slow changes in Green and Parsons' lift. Wow! Parsons could not have done that lift last year.

A really great event.
I wouldn't say that I personally was offended by C/B's score, and was there for event and am well aware of who was on the judging panel and respect and trust them greatly. I think many of us are just saying it was a little TOO high.