Congrats Piper and Paul! | Golden Skate

Congrats Piper and Paul!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, here's to another wonderful program skated by Piper and Paul. It was the highlight of the Ice Dance discipline. I'm sure it took an extra measure of strength for Piper to come back after major surgery. In my opinion their Evita program was the best. I didn't care for Chock and Bate's music or program. I guess the judges did. Oh well, hoping Piper and Paul will be at the Montreal World's to do another amazing program.

theblade

On the Ice
Congrats to Piper especially for dealing with very challenging health issues that resulted in crucial training delays, and deciding to skate regardless of the outcome. Thanks to Paul for helping her through it.

Congrats to both for skating well in both segments of the competition, and remaining true to their own competitive journey.

noskates

Record Breaker
I have always loved Piper and Paul and have always believed they were underscored in international competition. They bring a freshness to the ice and their choreography is always creative and organic. At last they are getting the recognition they deserve. Wish I could see them in SOI but sadly the show isn't being performed anywhere near me.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So bittersweet. Beautiful skating and programs. I thought they deserved the world title but I guess they need to watch their levels and I think the surgery was too much to overcome and the judges "feelings" was for Chock and Bates. If there "were justice" Psquared would win gold next year in Canada. I don't know what they can do to top Evita. This would be their second iconic program. I hope we will see them at the top of the podium next year.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I wasn't overly attached to their programs. But I loved the use of interesting close dance holds, and the transitions in between the dance holds. In a world of open hold and hand-in-hand crossovers there are still a few couples utilising traditional (and creative) ice dance holds, and I love to see it.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
So bittersweet. Beautiful skating and programs. I thought they deserved the world title but I guess they need to watch their levels and I think the surgery was too much to overcome and the judges "feelings" was for Chock and Bates. If there "were justice" Psquared would win gold next year in Canada. I don't know what they can do to top Evita. This would be their second iconic program. I hope we will see them at the top of the podium next year.
I would kill for them to bring back their Starry Night free dance...