European men kicking ball in France | Page 11 | Golden Skate

European men kicking ball in France

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The most experienced players for penalties in Poland. Very good move Nawałka. It wasn't a good match, I don't give us any chances in next one, but right now I'm super happy we advanced! :yahoo: :hap93: :cheer:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I don’t comment much on costumes, but Portugal’s mint outfit looks peculiar to me :eek:hwell:

LRK

Record Breaker
Not only is nothing happening - it feels as if nothing is in danger of happening either.

I think I'd rather have watched the 3-3 match...

What if this goes to penalties? Will Ronaldo miss?

My brain is going to sleep...

LRK

Record Breaker
Goal. I certainly did not expect that. I was certain this was going to go to penalties. Well, see if Croatia can make that happen...

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The most experienced players for penalties in Poland. Very good move Nawałka. It wasn't a good match, I don't give us any chances in next one, but right now I'm super happy we advanced! :yahoo: :hap93: :cheer:

I am super happy too :biggrin: Plan minimum was to get out from group stage and now we're in 1/4 :thumbsup: I would not say that it's right to ''not give any chances further'' even if I am not overly optimistic either. I dislike when journalists and fans tend to blow up everything - (Polish dmuchać (w) balonik colloquially. I think that the very first 15 minutes of that match were one of the best that I've ever seen Poland play, that 1st half with that important goal was also very good from Polish team. 2nd half and that overtime was not good though. We were lucky that Switzerland was unable to score 2nd goal but contrarily Switzerland was ''lucky'' that they did not concede more than 1 in first. There is one thing that I dislike about Polish team: all those distant kicks from our goalkeeper, I swear that in 80% of such our opponents immediately take over the ball and construct their own thoughtul actions, that was what make that 2nd half and some other matches so frustrating to watch. There is like one or two Polish player staying there to receive and even if they miraculously touch that it still makes it impossible for them to control it or to pass to his colleague with success (no wonder as there's usually no one) while there are 5+ players of opposite team. Not to mention that there are multiple instances when that kick lands on out (with no pressing to be exact) so we donate it 100% freely :slink: It also applies to other players bar our goalkeeper but in smaller extent and it's more useful as there are more players able to get such ball when it's somewhere in the middle of such attack. We don't care enough about ball possession.

Still Łukasz Fabiański is a great goalkeeper, he saved us many times here and in the past, rarely makes mistakes too, but that chaotic and detrimental for us tactic needs to go :palmf: I can barely think of any threatening actions after those kicks from our penalty area when we lose that ball so quickly and we're forced to defend most of the time. It makes no sense whatsoever when it's 1:0 and 10 minutes to go either.

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I am super happy too :biggrin: Plan minimum was to get out from group stage and now we're in 1/4 :thumbsup: I would not say that it's right to ''not give any chances further'' even if I am not overly optimistic either. I dislike when journalists and fans tend to blow up everything - (Polish dmuchać (w) balonik colloquially. I think that the very first 15 minutes of that match were one of the best that I've ever seen Poland play, that 1st half with that important goal was also very good from Polish team. 2nd half and that overtime was not good though. We were lucky that Switzerland was unable to score 2nd goal but contrarily Switzerland was ''lucky'' that they did not concede more than 1 in first. There is one thing that I dislike about Polish team: all those distant kicks from our goalkeeper, I swear that in 80% of such our opponents immediately take over the ball and construct their own thoughtul actions, that was what make that 2nd half and some other matches so frustrating to watch. There is like one or two Polish player staying there to receive and even if they miraculously touch that it still makes it impossible for them to control it or to pass to his colleague with success (no wonder as there's usually no one) while there are 5+ players of opposite team. Not to mention that there are multiple instances when that kick lands on out (with no pressing to be exact) so we donate it 100% freely :slink: It also applies to other players bar our goalkeeper but in smaller extent and it's more useful as there are more players able to get such ball when it's somewhere in the middle of such attack. We don't care enough about ball possession.

Still Łukasz Fabiański is a great goalkeeper, he saved us many times here and in the past, rarely makes mistakes too, but that chaotic and detrimental for us tactic needs to go :palmf: I can barely think of any threatening actions after those kicks from our penalty area when we lose that ball so quickly and we're forced to defend most of the time. It makes no sense whatsoever when it's 1:0 and 10 minutes to go either.

with Croatia it would be mighty hard, but we can definitely win over Portugal team. Hopefully we have good rest time

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
My congratulations to our Polish friends! :)

And damn, I wanted for Croatia to win so bad!:(

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My congratulations to our Polish friends! :)

And damn, I wanted for Croatia to win so bad!:(

I wanted Croatia to win too! :sad21: In group stage they were prestenting themselves better that Portugal, so I thought they will win in extra time, but I guess you can never write off a good team and Portugal is one.

LRK

Record Breaker
I see Portugal as the shark lurking among the waters among the "smaller" teams... You forget they are there (ergo count them out) and then you see the fin in the water... Cue Jaws music probably.:)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
France wins, nice! It's always good to have the home team in the tournament as long as possible. :) And they had very good moments and the 2nd half was entertaining.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Last night's match was such a bore, I fell asleep watching. :drama:
This match with Germany is a lot more entertaining!

LRK

Record Breaker
What is it with people missing (matchtime) penalties in this tournament? It's quite ridiculous... I cannot but suppose there are quite a few people who will want to avoid the matches going to penalties at almost any cost...

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
What is it with people missing (matchtime) penalties in this tournament? It's quite ridiculous... I cannot but suppose there are quite a few people who will want to avoid the matches going to penalties at almost any cost...
I think it's just coincidence. And Özil's penalty wasn't shot that bad, but it was saveable. I liked it when Neuer said afterwards "We missed the penalty."
I'm really curious about Hungary - Belgium ... I bet Belgium will win, but I think it's going to be a tough match.