Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hm medvedeva already said that she'll be trying to learn the quad salchow a long time ago o_o Is this suddenly news?

It'd be good if she at least manages to get close to 4S by next season. I realize that Medvedeva has said that she hates Axel but she probably should still try to make her 2A stable. It by all means shouldn't be that difficult if she can land 3-3-3 combos constantly with no issues in practice.

UnNamed

On the Ice
I think there's too little love for Medvedeva, lots of people on the internet think if she can achieve these goals then anyone can, but i think she truly deserve the medals she win and she can compete and win against everyone in this season and in the future.

Also she's a very good mannered girl, she's the only one doesn't text somebody on the phone during the press conference.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hm medvedeva already said that she'll be trying to learn the quad salchow a long time ago o_o Is this suddenly news?

Sima talked about doing 4S in the past but I seem to remember Evgenia being more resistant...maybe I missed something, though.

I think the negativity is mostly coming from uberfans of other skaters who see her as a threat, & look for any little thing to tear her down. Her tights, her tanos, her weight, her backloading...but even if she changed all that, they would just find something else to criticize. She is really charming, and I love her ambition & confidence. I hope she will be around for a long time.

Cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRWll9ijwQ

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Towards the beginning of this season I preferred Medvedeva's LP to her SP... but at Euros I thought the opposite. To me at Euros she projected better and was more flowing in her SP than her LP. I think her LP choreography could use an update... especially between the two double axels. I think the palm motion before the last double axel should be replaced.

bluebell0710

Rinkside
:laugh: Sounds about right. While I was in Milwaukee for Skate America, not a word of English from her. I tried. :cool:
When I met her in Russian National Champions and asked "where will you go", she can reply to me "lady's room" and she can ask me "where are you from"

Tyranid

Final Flight
In the first video she says she started skating at the age of 3.5. She saw figure skaters on tv, was impressed, and wanted to become just like them (and wear a pretty dress, of course). There are two best moments in skating: the final pose, and seeing the scores come up. Seeing the scores is a releif and sometimes euphoria for her. The interviever then talks about the insane competition among the Russian ladies and mentions that winning nationals maybe harder than winning worlds (the Russian media loves to bring this up). He asks her about her relationship with other young skaters. She says that she has good relations with everyone and that there are no conflicts (PC answer but what else is she going to say?). She says that winning nationals is harder than winning a GP series :). She doesn't have time to skate outside. She has an idea on how its like to jump a 4S but it's still just a wish for now. She might try to do it this season (not likely). There is no difference for her between worlds and other competitions in terms of pressure; the most important thing for her is just to go out and have a clean skate. The interviever then jokes about the Russian girls being robots with no fear or nerves. In order to relax and calm down Evgenia walks around listening to music.

In the second video both Zhenia and Anna talk about being proud of Russia, loving to sing the anthem whilst on the podium, and appreciating the fact that Russia has so many good female skaters. Evgenia doesn't just skate in her club "Sambo 70" but also gets an aducation there. Interviewers start putting pressure on Zhenia trying to ask here if she celebrated her victory with sweet splurgy foods. Evgenia deflects the question with "i just ate dinner". Anna admitted to eating a small peice of sweet food. Again, more agitation about being enemies/having conflicts with other skaters. Anna answers that everything is fine (no seriously, they bash each other's knees with lead pipes ala Harding's thugs lol).

Both videos are from morning shows on Russia's two biggest channels (not sport channels).

Tyranid

Final Flight
By the way, Medvedeva (and especially her coach Eteri Tutberidze) get quite a lot of hate on the Russian internet. One of her interviews on sports.ru had a 1,000 comment flame war. People really have nothing to do with their spare time there.:hslap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate Tyranid!!! Thank you for sharing with us :thank:

Post often and post long :)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
By the way, Medvedeva (and especially her coach Eteri Tutberidze) get quite a lot of hate on the Russian internet. One of her interviews on sports.ru had a 1,000 comment flame war. People really have nothing to do with their spare time there.:hslap:
here either sometimes :(

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
here either sometimes :(

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. That's why I prefer to stay in the fan fest.

Virtually all successful Russian skaters have a ton of haters (Plushenko, Trankov, Adelina, S/K, etc.) so at least she's in good company. ;) It just bothers me because she is so young and new to the whole senior world of skating. It's not as though she's even had time to do something controversial. :laugh: She does seem to have a thick skin though, & I hope she can just ignore all of that.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

The sports.ru is the most disgusting forum what I read. The members can write almost everything. I read many stupid, disgusting, hateful comments there. I understand if they don't like Plushenko ( he is in the Russian FS world too much time, he is too famous, there are too many news about him what can be annoying, appearance in Sochi, his wife, his money etc. ), they don't like Elena Ilinikh( she is too beautiful), but what is their problem with the 16 y.o. talented and sweet girl? And the administrators or editors or the owner ( I don't know who) many times provoke the members. They quote a part of the articles what are really annoying if you don't read the whole articles. And sometimes they delete those comments what aren't good for their favorites...

alskling

On the Ice
Hmm... Im very like her. And Radionova too.
I have no problems with that, even they don't like each other. :noshake:
Be a hater its so disgusting.:disapp:

Last edited:

Vladimir

Rinkside
There are a few haters of the great Evgenia in Russia, but most of them are simply Radionova or Lipnitskaya fans. They can not accept the fact that Medvedeva is a new star who is simply much better both technically and artistically.