Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 3: Cup of China | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 3: Cup of China

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Phew, that was close! Just discovered that I didn’t post my predictions when I made them out on Tuesday!

In Canada, I took a risk by predicting that a new couple would come 2nd in the Pairs competition. And, unsurprisingly, it backfired.

So, in light of this, I’m doing things differently with the Cup of China. This time, I’m predicting that a new couple are going to WIN the Ice Dance competition! :eek:

And the scary thing is, I think this time my risk might just pay off!

I must be mad!!!

1. Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN, RUS
2. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE, ITA
3. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI, USA

Caroliza_fan

Thanks for so often making me laugh a lot at your posts! Oh well, ILINYKH/ZHIGANSHIN are in fourth place for now, let's hope they climb for you. I gambled too - put Polina in first haha

Going to watch men now before knowing the results :confused:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm enjoying the little surprises here and there. It's always refreshing that not everything is predictable. I mean, no one likes a boring Academy Awards ceremony where we know who's going to win everything, right? (e.g. Lord of the Rings in 2003, Titanic in 1997, Gravity last year ... yawn.) Adds an extra layer of suspense. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Should had went with my gut feeling that the Shibs could beat C/L. However my pessimism from Skate America won out.

Ah well, there's still the FD -- C/L (and others) are in striking distance to win.

desertskates

Medalist
Awww, yuck. I missed it! Really sick with sinus/throat infections, and even looking at the computer hurt my face. One the mend, and will be back next week. Best of luck to you all!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Awww, yuck. I missed it! Really sick with sinus/throat infections, and even looking at the computer hurt my face. One the mend, and will be back next week. Best of luck to you all!!!

Feel better! Colds suck. :( We look forward to seeing you back next week!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Should had went with my gut feeling that the Shibs could beat C/L. However my pessimism from Skate America won out.

Ah well, there's still the FD -- C/L (and others) are in striking distance to win.

Their (C/L, not Shibs) new FD is miles better than SD, and better than last season FD. I personally do not like it (for personal reasons, I guess), but I think they will win overall if they will skate like they could. So it's too early to regret about your picks :)

P.S. Oh, and you ignored my last e-mail :yes:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Their (C/L, not Shibs) new FD is miles better than SD, and better than last season FD. I personally do not like it (for personal reasons, I guess), but I think they will win overall if they will skate like they could. So it's too early to regret about your picks :)

P.S. Oh, and you ignored my last e-mail :yes:

Actually, I'm a fan of the Shibs, so I wouldn't mind them winning. I still think they could hold on to the lead even if C/L wins the FD.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your email! I was sick for the last few days so behind on emails. I promise I will respond when I'm caught up. :)

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol at the two Orser kids killing everyone's prediction :popcorn: