Ilia Malinin | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Ilia Malinin

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ilia is to appear at the Ice Theater of New York.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia is to appear at the Ice Theater of New York.

I lost count to how many shows/tours this offseason he's doing. Lol.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He seems really tired in some recent videos of shows :(
I understand money might be needed, but breaks are important. And I am personally excited for next Friday, but he needs to take it easy. Doing too much might run him to the ground. And none of us want that. We need him healthy.

SOI Japan and Canada, that show that just happened in Estonia (I think that’s where it was. Please correct me if I’m wrong), the show on the 19th in VA (Can’t wait), the show in NY in May, and I THINK he’s doing THE ICE show in Japan later this summer (I could be wrong, please correct me if I am)…am I missing anything? And of course new programs. I don’t know how anyone does that.

Kris135

On the Ice
I understand money might be needed, but breaks are important. And I am personally excited for next Friday, but he needs to take it easy. Doing too much might run him to the ground. And none of us want that. We need him healthy.

SOI Japan and Canada, that show that just happened in Estonia (I think that’s where it was. Please correct me if I’m wrong), the show on the 19th in VA (Can’t wait), the show in NY in May, and I THINK he’s doing THE ICE show in Japan later this summer (I could be wrong, please correct me if I am)…am I missing anything? And of course new programs. I don’t know how anyone does that.
And Cranberry Cup is in the second week of August. It is the first Challenger Cup event and 3rd largest international event of the season in the United States so it will be expected that he will be there debuting his new programs for the season. He needs time to create them, and that should be his number one priority, not shows. I think that he does need to rest, finish up his growth spurt, work on his programs, and relax some he earned it.

I honestly think that Ari booked all of these shows and Ilia feels obligated to do them all. He, or al least somebody on his team, should say enough and basically allow him to take the month of June off the show circuit so he work on his new programs for 2024-5 season. He really needs to win next year's worlds to get the bounce he needs to get the gold medal in the 2026 Olympics. The next 2 seasons could be the most important ones of his entire Skating Career. He needs to pace himself and get ready because the next two years could be crazy. If he skates as well we all know he can then he will win, but he needs to stay healthy and relaxed to do so. So please let him do so.

Last edited:

cailuj365

On the Ice
Ilia definitely needs rest and not risk injury, but I read the Ari interview that was translated on the TheIliaSociety twitter, and I liked it. He sounded pretty realistic and didn't try to over-sell Ilia or make remarks about rushing into every potential business offer. No one wants Ilia tired or injured and underperform, least of all his agent.

For the immediate off-season, I think Ilia probably enjoys touring and getting out there actually. He seems to love to perform for an audience, and demand/interest has never been higher. He's really been the main "face" of international FS since the quad axel. On the ISU Youtube channel, the most viewed parts of the Worlds gala live stream by far are Ilia's exhibition and the quad axel at the end. He just attracts interest and views (despite all the discourse that he's not compelling to watch by some FS fans!).

I was critical of him taking on Art On Ice in the middle of February, but well, can't argue with his end-of-season results. 😅 To be fair, he did sound like he was physically and mentally not well, so I hope he doesn't do it next year, honestly. I still can't believe that he somehow found it within himself to deliver at Worlds like he did, knowing that he didn't feel 100% and even thought about withdrawing. Scary impressive. You just wonder if he can repeat in Boston (home Worlds, pre-Olympic pressure) AND in the Olympics. I kind of get the impression though from Ilia that his goals are less about big titles and more about what he can achieve in the sport.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia definitely needs rest and not risk injury, but I read the Ari interview that was translated on the TheIliaSociety twitter, and I liked it. He sounded pretty realistic and didn't try to over-sell Ilia or make remarks about rushing into every potential business offer. No one wants Ilia tired or injured and underperform, least of all his agent.

For the immediate off-season, I think Ilia probably enjoys touring and getting out there actually. He seems to love to perform for an audience, and demand/interest has never been higher. He's really been the main "face" of international FS since the quad axel. On the ISU Youtube channel, the most viewed parts of the Worlds gala live stream by far are Ilia's exhibition and the quad axel at the end. He just attracts interest and views (despite all the discourse that he's not compelling to watch by some FS fans!).

I was critical of him taking on Art On Ice in the middle of February, but well, can't argue with his end-of-season results. 😅 To be fair, he did sound like he was physically and mentally not well, so I hope he doesn't do it next year, honestly. I still can't believe that he somehow found it within himself to deliver at Worlds like he did, knowing that he didn't feel 100% and even thought about withdrawing. Scary impressive. You just wonder if he can repeat in Boston (home Worlds, pre-Olympic pressure) AND in the Olympics. I kind of get the impression though from Ilia that his goals are less about big titles and more about what he can achieve in the sport.
It is impressive was able to do it all at Worlds. I remember I was about to have a heart attack the day of the FP because I was nervous on how he was going to do because of the comments he made on not feeling his best and having injuries. And then just feeling this relief every time he landed his jumps in the FP (I was screaming somewhat).

I understand loving to perform. It’s definitely a thrill. And I can’t wait for the 19th. Just will have to get through a full week of work first.

cailuj365

On the Ice
Excited for you to attend! I'm on the other side of the country but would have loved to go otherwise...

What would people like to see Ilia skate to next season or for Olympics? Someone mentioned Game of Thrones in another thread, and I could totally see it or to House of the Dragon. He could do a Targaryen theme with that hair. I'd also like to see him skate to something modern in the SP. I don't know how well the NF gala could translate to competitive ice, but it was unique and personal and could reach new audiences.

Shae-Lynn has been a great choreographer for Ilia, but I'd also love to see him branch out and work with others, see what they come up with.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excited for you to attend! I'm on the other side of the country but would have loved to go otherwise...

What would people like to see Ilia skate to next season or for Olympics? Someone mentioned Game of Thrones in another thread, and I could totally see it or to House of the Dragon. He could do a Targaryen theme with that hair. I'd also like to see him skate to something modern in the SP. I don't know how well the NF gala could translate to competitive ice, but it was unique and personal and could reach new audiences.

Shae-Lynn has been a great choreographer for Ilia, but I'd also love to see him branch out and work with others, see what they come up with.
I have a cool idea for a FP for the Olympics. It's to "The Light Behind Your Eyes" by My Chemical Romance covered by Gregory Crimson. I have all the elements planned out in my head fully since December 2023/January 2024. The idea in general a bit longer than that. Which includes the placement for the raspberry twist. Like I have it written down exactly where each element goes.

I'm from his home county (Though not living in it currently. Still close to to it though), so it's only going to require a drive of less than an hour. Hopefully I won't be as nervous speaking to him (Bought VIP tickets that include a M&G) like I was at the M&G for SOI in Baltimore last year lol. It'll feel more real once it's closer to the end of the week. That's for sure.

Kris135

On the Ice

I am going to go with something completely out of the box. "Baba Yetu" and the introduction music from Civilization 4. It's big, bold, and regal. It is a piece of music that I think was just made for Ilia. I do not want him to use quite yet. This music should be what he uses for his Olympic Season's Free skate. I would like to see what Rohene could pull out of Ilia and the music itself. I even know what costume I would put h in, and a couple pieces of choreography too. It's different and I hasn't been used yet and I really do not think another skater could do justice..Also it from a PC game. I am not sure if his gaming goes in that direction but it from that genre maybe that why it has been used yet.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pics

Attachments

• 6945907C-822B-4337-B8C5-F22AD5422CF9.jpeg
    6945907C-822B-4337-B8C5-F22AD5422CF9.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 447D1E3E-72A3-4BDA-B97B-DF9766C165D0.jpeg
    447D1E3E-72A3-4BDA-B97B-DF9766C165D0.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 9