ITNY Gala Performance May 6th featuring Ilia Malinin | Golden Skate

ITNY Gala Performance May 6th featuring Ilia Malinin

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I attended the show tonight at Chelsea Piers and it was packed! Probably due to their guest performer, World Champion Ilia Malinin!

The event was to honor Sandra Bezic, Davis/White and Belbin/Agosto and Judy Blumberg. Sadly Meryl didn't appear at the performance, or she's so tiny I missed her. She didn't go out for the group photos at the end. But Brian Boitano showed up and everyone was very excited about that. He took a few photos with Ilia on the ice. I took a bunch of photos and will post to IG either tonight or sometime tomorrow. Sandra looked beautiful in a white pant suit, she doesn't age. I also spotted Emily Hughes, Paul Wylie, Gracie's agent Tara Modlin and her husband Craig.

The 2 biggest names at the event were Ilia who performed his Worlds EX, Hope and Oona and Gage Brown, who did a show version of their Elton RD. Former Team USA ice dancers Joe Johnson & Karina Manta are also members of the troupe and skated in an ensemble number to the Appalachia Waltz.

Liz Schmidt performed to Butterfly Phase choreographed by Benoit Richaud. I think Benoit and Adam Siao Him Fa were at Chelsea Piers recently, so I wonder if he did that while here. She's a beautiful skater with amazing flexibility.

Oh and Jordan from OIP was there videoing the show, so expect some videos from him. I ran into him as he was coming off the ice and told him "Good job" - he's been working a lot of events lately!

ETA: added some photos to my IG. Brian Boitano liked my post!

Last edited:
How nice to see Judy Blumberg honored. She was listed as "ensemble director," with ITNY and also has performed and coached at Sun Valley afer retiring from competition. Here they are (Blumberg and Seibert) on a special edition Kellogg's Corn Flakes box after one of their Olympic appearances.

I read that Blumberg's father went to the grocery store and bought up all the boxes they had, then he went to another store, but they didn't carry it. He vowed never to shop there again.

Weathergal

Medalist
How nice to see Judy Blumberg honored. She was listed as "ensemble director," with ITNY and also has performed and coached at Sun Valley afer retiring from competition. Here they are (Blumberg and Seibert) on a special edition Kellogg's Corn Flakes box after one of their Olympic appearances.

I read that Blumberg's father went to the grocery store and bought up all the boxes they had, then he went to another store, but they didn't carry it. He vowed never to shop there again.
You've been sharing so many interesting historical tidbits recently that I think you should change your name from Mathman to Historyman ;) :clap: