Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Men | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 - Men

seniorita

Record Breaker
I didnt expect things to turn out like this, Sochi will be a dull place without Daisuke, I refuse to even think of him not being there. While I agree with Doris, I m heartbroken for Kozu.

marcolee925

Rinkside
Based on their skating at Nationals, their overall seasons and accomplishments in this quad, I hope the teams go:

Olympic: Hanyu, Machida, Takahashi

Worlds: Hanyu, Machida, Oda

4CCs: Oda, Kozuka, Mura

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
lcd said:
What about Worlds (in Japan?) How did they name the team/alternates?

Samw as the Olympic team. Which I think is rather unfair and Oda or Kozuka should have gotten the 3rd spot over Takahashi. But I guess that was a financial decision...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Wow! Takahashi made the Olympic team!

Surprising in some ways, but not in others. I cannot deny I am VERY happy to see Takahashi in the team - but of course, I am sad for Kozuka and Oda...

Takahashi is one of my long-time favourites, Hanyu too (each for different reasons)... and I think Machida solidly earned a shot at the Olympics. Together, they make a mighty team.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm really sad for Oda and Kozuka... :( It really isn't fair. And I absolutely hate when things like that happen, when someone with more experience and... forgot the word I was looking for, is favoured and given the spot rather than someone who actually won it. But... I am really biased in this case. While I can't deny that Oda and Kozuka not going saddens me tremendously, I also can't deny the fact that I am absolutely overjoyed that Dai is going. I wish he had won his ticket to Sochi during competition, but... it is what it is. This is one helluva team :biggrin:

I can only hope that Takahashi finds his best form at the Olympics and in that way honors the decision made in his favour. And even if he doesn't, just watching him skate is a beautiful sight and since quite a few of the people who aren't usually fans of figure skating are going to tune in, I think it wouldn't be fair to deny them the joy of watching Daisuke skate.

yuki

Final Flight
I'm really sad for Oda and Kozuka... :( It really isn't fair. And I absolutely hate when things like that happen, when someone with more experience and... forgot the word I was looking for, is favoured and given the spot rather than someone who actually won it. But... I am really biased in this case. While I can't deny that Oda and Kozuka not going saddens me tremendously, I also can't deny the fact that I am absolutely overjoyed that Dai is going. I wish he had won his ticket to Sochi during competition, but... it is what it is. This is one helluva team :biggrin:

Well he did, just not during this competition ;): he got in by virtue of his world standing (3rd total, 2nd Japanese man after Hanyu): http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm.
That being said, I'm sad for Kozuka too and especially for Oda, who had a great season but was lowballed both here and at NHK and wasn't even being considered for the 3rd spot.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm thrilled that Dai made the team. Hopefully he will be fully healed by February and his wonderful self. I'm very sorry for Kozuka and Oda, both of whom I really enjoy. Japan just has too many wonderful skaters!

Gigi13

On the Ice
Congrats to Daisuke I am thrilled for him and I hope that he would be healed fully and skate beautifully, I will be rooting for him and hopefully he can get on that podium. I'm really sad for Oda and Kozuka, especially Oda who had an amazing season, but I'm happy I get to see both them skate at 4CCs and worlds (Oda). It's really bittersweet for me but I'm just really happy Daisuke's going but I'm sad for Oda and Kozuka, ugh Japan has too many amazing skaters.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Samw as the Olympic team. Which I think is rather unfair and Oda or Kozuka should have gotten the 3rd spot over Takahashi. But I guess that was a financial decision...

I don't think Dai is planning on going to Worlds.. We'll see, but I think he is retiring of the Olympics, so when he WDs from Worlds, Kozuka or Oda will likely get the spot after all.

I am very happy for Daisuke - maybe he didn't earn his spot at this competition, but he deserves to go. The audience in Japan thinks so, too, given by the amount of applause he received when they announced his name :) I hope that Daisuke can skate his very best at the Olympics, and prove to everyone that the JSF made the right choice. No matter what happens, he is a skating legend IMO, but I want those who don't ordinarily watch skating to get to see Dai skate his best at the Olympics and see how mesmerizing his skating can be. Whether or not he wins a medal, I will be happy as long as he skates his heart out. I will be cheering for him.

What an emotional rollercoaster Daisuke takes us on! I wonder what he was feeling when they told him he was going to Sochi? I wonder if it was bittersweet for him, given how this Nationals went...

bluelutz

On the Ice
can anybody translate what Dai and Taka say at the end of this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dMCdOz9vY

Dai: Though I have been thinking about what I would say here since I was chosen,
I still cannot find the right words to express it.
As for the Olympic game, to be honest, I gave up all the hopes yesterday,
but now I am so happy to be here to hear the announcement.
I will do my best by being even more serious and harder on myself to represent Japan well there.
So please cheer me up once more.

Taka: It is very nice to know so many people feel sad on this outcome for me,
and it is disappointing, but I think this will be a good experience.
I will work hard again (for the next)

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Kozuka's tears sadden me.
Even a Worlds silver medalist in this quad cannot go to Olympics due to deep field.

I wanted Daisuke to go, but seeing Kozuka's tears in that video made my heart break for him </3 That was his Olympic dream, and he'll likely never get another chance at it. I'm sure he felt like he earned it, too, and then it was taken from him (although I don't know what he said, so I can't be sure). Poor Kozuka. It wasn't very nice of them to hunt him down for an interview, and it was absolutely heart-wrenching to watch :cry:

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Dai: Though I have been thinking about what I would say here since I was chosen,
I still cannot find the right words to express it.
As for the Olympic game, to be honest, I gave up all the hopes yesterday,
but now I am so happy to be here to hear the announcement.
I will do my best by being even more serious and harder on myself to represent Japan well there.
So please cheer me up once more.

Taka: It is very nice to know so many people feel sad on this outcome for me,
and it is disappointing, but I think this will be a good experience.
I will work hard again (for the next)

Thank you so much for this translation! I'm glad to hear that Taka is not giving up, and he plans to work hard and keep going.