Medalist
Jr worlds (twitter source)

Yamamoto, Nakamura, Miyata
Higuchi, Shiraiwa, Honda
Fukase/Taseno

Lota

Record Breaker
Why the cut off Rika speaking? :shocked: :eekn: :eek:

I don't know, they just started showing commercials and then something else started. I know that they have a time limit, but everyone literally said only a few sentences, they could've spared another 10 seconds for her... :scowl:

anpanmanz

Spectator
Well that was rude. They let everyone speak and cut off as soon as Rika started speaking :mad:

:scratch2: How is that rude? This is on national television with strict time slots. They were broadcasting live and it is unreasonable to extend the show just for the interview. It's not like they had anything against Rika, and the pair couple did not have a chance to speak either (so no, they did not let everybody speak).

risingtrot

On the Ice
I don't know, they just started showing commercials and then something else started. I know that they have a time limit, but everyone literally said only a few sentences, they could've spared another 10 seconds for her... :scowl:

Hi Lota. The commentator mentioned that the next program was about to start and they had no time so they had to cut off the broadcast abruptly. After the program, there's another program in the local TV were they interviewed all the Worlds qualifiers. Rika also talked in that program. As usual she seems shy though^^

Lota

Record Breaker
Hi Lota. The commentator mentioned that the next program was about to start and they had no time so they had to cut off the broadcast abruptly. After the program, there's another program in the local TV were they interviewed all the Worlds qualifiers. Rika also talked in that program. As usual she seems shy though^^

Thanks for telling me! Like I said, I understand that there's a time limit, but (also an answer to anpanmanz) the timing to cut it off seemed weird, especially since, having come a bit late to the broadcast, I thought the pair had already spoken. That's why the idea that Rika was the only one left not to speak seemed kinda rude.

Also, who is going to 4CC?

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Here is the 4CC Team. Cross posting from the Japan Nationals Thread.

Four Continents Championships

Men: Uno, Mura, Tanaka
Ladies: Miyahara, Asada, Hongo
Pairs: Suto/Boudreau-Audet
Ice Dance: Muramoto/Reed, Hirai/Asuncion

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to all the medalists and to all those who made the Worlds and Junior Worlds teams.

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
One of Mao's signature jump combo, the 3F+2Lo+2Lo looks superb here. One of the best she ever did.

whatif

Medalist
Mao's stock is plummeting fast. I won't be surprised if her PCS are below both Satoko and Evgenia by Boston.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think Mao should go to 4CCs, she needs to rest and recover her form and focus on Worlds. Is Kanako the alternate? Wish they'd send her instead, after all Kanako won 4CC's in 2014.

Mao just seemed sluggish today even though she seemed to get stronger with her jumps as the program went on. I want to see more joy from her while skating. I know Madame Butterfly is more of a somber affair but I miss the joy she had from her Rach2 program.