Juniors going Senior | Golden Skate

Juniors going Senior

JuliaHols

On the Ice
So who do we know off thats going from junior to senior this next season?

We have confirmation that Wakaba is turning senior next season already.
So who else?
Sota, Nathan and Samohin?
Surely Samohin is ready for seniors?
I wouod love to see him and Alexei Bychenko fight out for the spot at Worlds next year. His performance at Euros this year was great too along with Deniss Vasiljevs.
Would Deniss turn senior soon too?

I heard Maria Sotskova is turning seniors too, could she be the next 'it' girl from Russia?
And what about Serafima? She'd have a tough time battling it out with Tsurkaya and Fedichkina plus others.

And what are the chances that Wakaba might get two GPs?
Daniel should definitely get two right? Sicne he's junior world champ.
And Maria might should get 2 too?

LRK

Record Breaker
Daniel had to senior GPs last year, if I don't misremember, but then elected to do the JGP instead.

sarama

Medalist
Just my thoughts:
Maria and Wakaba will definitely get 1 GP due to season best, and once the world standing is updated they will move up there as well I think, plus their federation could give them a host spot... so they should have no problem getting 2
Sota was likely going to move up... then he got injured, missed JWC...I hope he stays junior
Daniel will move senior for sure, he is ready and he is the WJ champion so nothing left to do there
Deniss doesn't have many chances of getting GPs unfortunately, and I think he'll do both junior and senior championships like this year (perks of being from a smaller fed)
Nathan.... no idea what he'll do, I just hope he is going to stay healthy (which is kind of impossible knowing his history:bang:)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Daniel had to senior GPs last year, if I don't misremember, but then elected to do the JGP instead.

He had one assignment (COC) but his federation asked him to do the JGP instead.

I assume Nicholas Nadeau & Kevin Aymoz will turn senior as they are both 18, and most likely Dmitri Aliev & Alexander Samarin. Deniss has said he intends to go senior...I know he isn't guaranteed senior GP spots, but I think he can get at least 1.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
He had one assignment (COC) but his federation asked him to do the JGP instead.

I assume Nicholas Nadeau & Kevin Aymoz will turn senior as they are both 18, and most likely Dmitri Aliev & Alexander Samarin. Deniss has said he intends to go senior...I know he isn't guaranteed senior GP spots, but I think he can get at least 1.

Ah, thank you for the correction.:)

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Even though they are staying quiet, I'd expect M/C and the Parsons to go senior. Surely they'd see it as a waste of time to do another round of juniors.
For pairs I believe the Ukrainians are moving up. I'm excited to see progress from them because they are cool. :cool:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Even though they are staying quiet, I'd expect M/C and the Parsons to go senior. Surely they'd see it as a waste of time to do another round of juniors.

I don't think there would be anything wasteful in the Parsons wishing to earn a U.S. Junior National and/or JGPF and/or Junior World title before moving into the very deep U.S. senior ranks.

I believe the following dance teams are aging out of juniors:

Lauriault & Le Gac
Biechler & Dodge
Lee & Kam
Bent & Razgulajevs
Popova & Vlasenko

P&V, however, are a big question mark. There is bound to be some kind of change in Russian ice dance with two senior teams dealing with injury. And Betina supposedly tried out with Mozgov.

sarama

Medalist
P&V, however, are a big question mark. There is bound to be some kind of change in Russian ice dance with two senior teams dealing with injury. And Betina supposedly tried out with Mozgov.
IMHO Betina skating with Sergei would be a terrible idea, she can be very over the top and he would totally be overpowered. I like them both but together I don't think they would suit each other

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
IMHO Betina skating with Sergei would be a terrible idea, she can be very over the top and he would totally be overpowered. I like them both but together I don't think they would suit each other

I agree. I heard the rumour about Bettina and Sergey a few days ago (didn't want to say anything until there was something more official), and my reaction too was that it would be a strange partnership.

Apart from anything else, how many years has Bettina been trying to beat Sergey without success?!

That alone is bound to create an awkwardness between them!

CaroLiza_fan

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
IMHO Betina skating with Sergei would be a terrible idea, she can be very over the top and he would totally be overpowered.

I would like to see her with Khaliavin. He could use a performer with some firepower. But--oddly enough--they haven't asked me my opinion.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
skaters moving seniors

Maria Sotskova
Wakaba Higuchi
Daniel Samohin
Alexander Samarin
Lauriault & Le Gac - he aged out for juniors
Denis Vasijevss

questionable

Popova and Mozgov ??
Nathan Chen
Dmitri Aliev

Giselle

Medalist
IMHO MC/C should move up, they don't have anything left to win at the Junior level. The Parsons should stay to get another shot at the Jr. World title.

As mentionned Lauriault & Le Gac have aged out and should be a strong contender for the 2nd spot at Europeans at least.
Abachkina & Thauron still have 1 year of Jr. eligibility left, I think they won't move up.

It should be noted that neither Lauriault nor Abachkina have French Citizenship so they are not eligible for the Olympics. I guess their Citizenship process could be sped depending on their senior results.

sarama

Medalist
I agree. I heard the rumour about Bettina and Sergey a few days ago (didn't want to say anything until there was something more official), and my reaction too was that it would be a strange partnership.

Apart from anything else, how many years has Bettina been trying to beat Sergey without success?!

That alone is bound to create an awkwardness between them!

CaroLiza_fan

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't in favour of this partnership

I would like to see her with Khaliavin. He could use a performer with some firepower. But--oddly enough--they haven't asked me my opinion.

Khaliavin's potential is a mistery to me.... I always felt he never managed to fully express himself, maybe a new partner could help him to do that:shrug:, and I'd like to see what Zhulin could choreograph for Betina (but I'm not sure about height difference though)...... Anyway couldn't she just stick with Yuri? He isn't that bad in my opinion, and I think they are a good match....but it wouldn't be Russian ice dance without this much drama:drama:

Layback11

Record Breaker
It should be noted that neither Lauriault nor Abachkina have French Citizenship so they are not eligible for the Olympics. I guess their Citizenship process could be sped depending on their senior results.

Is a year not enough time to finalize that?

(Also, shouldn't L/L-G's marriage get her citizenship?)

Nathan13

Medalist
I feel like Daniel Samohin is going to do extremely well his first year senior. He has it all. I would bet that he makes it to GPF next season.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't see how Nathan isn't moving up to Seniors next season considering he qualified for Senior Worlds as a Junior internationally. He's ready to not just make the team but win Nationals next year if he can stay healthy and not overdue it again. If Jin can make himself a contender in just one season mainly because of quads then Nathan who is actually a better skater can make some noise next season too.