2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating

Briananing

On the Ice
They are for sure the favorites for the Olympics right now because Eunsoo and Haein struggle too much with underrotations and pops right now. However if Yelim continues making mistakes in the free skate she could still lose it.

Side note, I think right now Korean ladies has the 2nd best depth in the world. In terms of who can score 190+ points, Russia has a bajilion (20 at least that I can think of), Japan has about 7 (Kihira Sakamoto Miyahara Higuchi Kawabe Mihara Matsuike) and the US 7 as well (Tennell Bell Chen Liu Glenn Thorngren Levito). Korea on the other hand has Young Yelim Haein Eunsoo Ahsun Seoyeong Yeonjeong Minchae Chaeyeon - 9 total! And their ranks are growig quickly.
Not trying to pop your excitement but we didn't see the Japanese Juniors for the last 2 seasons. Even though there are regionals, nats, and so on, but we know that the Japanese judges are strict and International Judges often times would give more point to their skaters than the Japanese ones, so I don't think we could compare it to Korea yet.

gotoschool

Medalist
Over the last two weeks, the scores for Korean skaters were so so obviously deflated and in Young You's case done so to prevent her from earning at least silver that the judges have lost all credibility for me but this has been going on for so long that reparations for years of lowballing are the only thing that makes any sense in making amends for past judging transgressions. In my opinion, the greatest lowballing of all was done against Haein Lee but everyone including Yelim Kim was held down. I think viewers in my opinion have been left to decide for themselves what they like best including the elements they prefer to see, since the judges themselves do not follow their own stated criteria. Skaters from other federations have likewise been purposely lowballed which makes the disregard of the compromised judges evaluations even more resounding. 4CC's and nationals for me are the only competitions at the moment that have any possibility for legitimacy in relative placement or scoring.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
At this point I can't even care much about scores anymore, I just want my girls and lads to skate clean and be happy. Which reminds me that both of my darlings and Yelim will be skating at GP Italy. I am so going to die while watching

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Over the last two weeks, the scores for Korean skaters were so so obviously deflated and in Young You's case done so to prevent her from earning at least silver that the judges have lost all credibility for me but this has been going on for so long that reparations for years of lowballing are the only thing that makes any sense in making amends for past judging transgressions. In my opinion, the greatest lowballing of all was done against Haein Lee but everyone including Yelim Kim was held down. I think viewers in my opinion have been left to decide for themselves what they like best including the elements they prefer to see, since the judges themselves do not follow their own stated criteria. Skaters from other federations have likewise been purposely lowballed which makes the disregard of the compromised judges evaluations even more resounding. 4CC's and nationals for me are the only competitions at the moment that have any possibility for legitimacy in relative placement or scoring.
did you copy/past from the japanese women thread changin just names a few sentences :LOL:

irriya

On the Ice
is there a thread about Korean National this year? I didn't find one for some reasons...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sadly, I think the Koreans girls are a bit underscored. Their amazing lutz combos are under appreciated with lower GOEs than I would give them. However, the placements in the Junior Grand Prix and Senior Circuit have all been accurate, in my opinion, as a neutral observer. Maybe, Young You deserves the silver medal, but, Daria’s short program was to me really good. So, that was a coin toss decision for me. Haein Lee and Park are my two favourites. I was thrilled to see Lee land a 3A in practice. The Korean girls need to step it up. In terms of difficult technical content, they seem interchangeable. We need one to push and breakthrough to join You.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am so impressed by the Korean ladies. They have a wonderful lilt and great style and solid jumps. They truly are emulating their queen Yuna Kim!

Dawn825

Medalist
This is a big moment for Young You. She skated well in America. She can either build on that and be better in Japan, or fall apart now that the pressure is on. If she's second she could make the final. Even if she's third, she'll still likely be the only non-Russian lady to walk away with 2 GP medals. Best of luck to her!

elliana

On the Ice
If Eunsoo makes the podium at nats, does she still have a chance to go to Beijing? Can someone pls remind me how many spots Korea has? I really love Haein and hope she will be chosen also!

Reactions: ana

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If Eunsoo makes the podium at nats, does she still have a chance to go to Beijing?
The Olympics spots are decided by adding the results (placements) of both the Ranking Competition and Nats, so my darling squirtle will have to do well on both competitions to get a ticket. We have so many talented girls and even three spots wouldn't be enough (deep sigh)

Briananing

On the Ice
The Olympics spots are decided by adding the results (placements) of both the Ranking Competition and Nats, so my darling squirtle will have to do well on both competitions to get a ticket. We have so many talented girls and even three spots wouldn't be enough (deep sigh)
Ah so there are only 2 qualifier tournaments for the olympic ? I thought Jun had 4(?) or so before pyeongchang ? I thought that would be the case for the next olympic as well since Jun opted to stay in Korea all these times even after Canada open its border.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Ah so there are only 2 qualifier tournaments for the olympic ? I thought Jun had 4(?) or so before pyeongchang ? I thought that would be the case for the next olympic as well since Jun opted to stay in Korea all these times even after Canada open its border.
Pyeongchang had 3 qualifiers, and it was totally unnecessary and idiotic (I still shudder when I think about my darling's condition back then). 2 is the normal number of qualifiers for National Team selections so it should be the number for Olympic qualifications too.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
Are Minchae and Chaeyeon eligible? Obviously Young, Yelim, Haein, and Eunsoo are the top candidates right now and then there are the dark horses Seoyeong and Yeongjeong but who else could play spoiler?