Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
oh they took the part with vocals! vocals makes this feel like a show programm.
for some reason havent expected that! but its the most famous part of the poem so I should have probably:biggrin:

Reynnou

On the Ice
The music is weird but it don't bother me much and the program looks good so...
Alexei looks awesome in this costume :luv17:

Reynnou

On the Ice
BTW their free skate musics are:

The storm by Havasi (from last year FS)
Comment vivre sans toi by Caroline Costa
Le bien qui fait mal from the musical Mozart l'Opéra Rock
Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually liked the free a lot, though it doesn't have quite the story that last year's programs did, at least to me.

In all honesty I don't really like the short, but I'm open to it growing on me as the season goes on.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually liked the free a lot, though it doesn't have quite the story that last year's programs did, at least to me.

In all honesty I don't really like the short, but I'm open to it growing on me as the season goes on.

For me, the music in the SP completely takes me out of it :noshake:

Reynnou

On the Ice

I like the free skate too but I prefer last year's one. (I never expect the new "Doll" program to be better anyway)

They are so strong at interpretation though. Kristina has improved a lot since their debut in 2014.

I wish Tarasova & Morosov would work with someone like Dmitriev, Sokolov... It pains me to see them "waste" their talent with such dull programs. I really don't like their free this year.

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm really happy that they are aware of the problem with the music in the short. If it was a studio rendition, and you hearing with headphones, the impression is different from an open rink, and it seemed like most of the song was lost in the air, so it's good that they are rethinking the edits. Maybe they should use something more instrumental, since the program itself is pretty dramatic already.

Other than that, both programs are strong, and they are upping the content, because it seems like they are the pair that has to do that to be recognized - let's be real, their scores at the EC last year were a joke, but what can you do.

I really like their free, it has some of the elements from Dolls, like the start/end pose, but there's a different conotation to the program, and I have to say I really like their choices of music. They flow well to me.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Although the music, costume, and choreography were not very impressive, I'm sad they plan to throw out the Onegin concept. What about using Tchaikovsky's famous opera instead of changing the whole idea? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6XB0HX9ILY

The loud music edits from the unfamiliar musical and the shoddy costume are not my taste, but still I love to see the initial idea become a reality. :sad14:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm glad they are going with a new program, because, sorry to say, I did not much care for the old one - I think this is very short notice, though, to prepare a completely new one. I think it's best to expect that it might be a rather rocky performance the first time it's shown - but it will be interesting to see it, nonetheless.

And at least we got that marvellous promotional trailer out of the old SP - that was just magical.:)

adelia

Record Breaker
It's the right move. Their most important competition is Nationals. Make the change now rather than regret it down the road when it will be much too late to do anything about it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
pretty sad

I was excited that someone used russian lyrics 4 once:sad21:
Spells & POTOs win again:yawn: (haha kidding I down they will go that low:laugh:)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
And at least we got that marvellous promotional trailer out of the old SP - that was just magical.:)

Yep, the promo is a work of art. :luv17: I should see a bright side of their plan as they are willing to listen to valid criticism and to move forward. I hope their new SP is successful and look forward to seeing it at Finlandia.